collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pullips made me do it!  (Read 29185 times)

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
Re: The Pullips made me do it!
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
*EDIT* meeep. MIDNIGHT VELVET and SNOW WHITE are both available on PS now  :cry:

Haha yes of course I will get you some wigs! Let me get a hold of mine first and see how they are. Google translate is a bit iffy and taobao is always a bit iffy itself so I just want to make sure they will fit :lol:

Banshee is GORGEOUS!!!!! I actually bought her nude off ebay because I am the same about her stock. Her wig is so pretty though!

I bought Henri recently so I am skipping Fraulein since I think they are fairly similiar but I NEED Midnight Velvet and Tokidoki. Karen has the prettiest eyes and she has a BUNNY but her promo picks look a bit... insane. I think its her smile. I will probably get end up getting her too :lol:

Yeah my MH collection is totally on hold :( spending all my money and shelf space on Pullips. Thank you for the offer though!!!! I am willing myself to wait until they are released here.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:06:52 PM by CasseminaPie »
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
Whoa, Banshee's eyes are amazing! And I love both Snow White and Midnight Velvet... you neeeeed them, Cassy...  :devious:

Rhini, WANT PICS  :biggrin:

Where would you guys recommend buying wigs from, on ebay or elsewhere, aside from taobao? Are there any particular stores/sellers that are really good to buy from, in the US particularly (cause of shipping costs...)? I need some options for my new girl!  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
I really do need them! They are on my xmas and bday wishlist because I have SO run out of money :lol:

Have you unboxed Peter Pan yet? It's weird calling her peter!

I have bought wigs from ForMyDoll which are really nice but the 8-9 doesn't fit perfectly, it gave my doll a bit of a square head (there are pics on flickr and around here somewhere... it's Naomi who has the wig).

I have also purchased one off ebay which hasn't arrived yet but i'll let you know how it is when it arrives and I can also order wigs for you from taobao but it might take AGES to get them (they are about $8-10AU though! and they seem to be the same seller I used on ebay but that cost me $30)

Also apparently LEEKE, Cancan and LUTS wigs are good but pricey.

*EDIT* lol naomi is my avatar. :lol:
Come visit my blog!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
Not yet! I've just been gazing at her in awe, slowly convincing myself she is real  :lol: It's super funny to call her Peter, it's okay while she's in her stock, but I really need to think up a new name right away XD

Heh, square head, it looks lovely to me! Thanks for the tips, that is excellent info. And I would looove if you could order me a couple from taobao too once you see how yours are! :hug: Taobao confuses me with the needing-an-agent thing, so yeah XD That is a really good price and I definitely wouldn't mind waiting!

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
taobao is SO confusing. My parents live in Shanghai though so mum orders it all for me :D I get by with google translate and then she works out if I'm ordering the wrong thing.

She does think i am weird ordering so many ponies and wigs though :lol:

I will keep you both updated with my taobao wigs :D
Come visit my blog!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
Thanks tons! :lovey: And go parents!  :happy: My dad did the usual "Uhm.. that's nice, dear?" thing when I told him I got my very first Pullip today, but hey, at least they love us along with thinking we're weird...? :blush:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
Can't wait to get my Peter  :dance2: And my other doll should be here tomorrow! Then i will get pictures and you can find out who she is Cassy :P

HHNNGGGHH Fraulein is in stock!! *dies* :faint: She BETTER still be in stock two days from now!! And midnight Velvet too! Ughhh why can't I be a millionaire XD I'm actually considering selling some MH to generate some funds. I liked Henri a lot too, and I can definitely see the similarities so I think I'd be set with one or the other too :) Although I've been saying that a lot lately and it has yet to be true....

I told my roomie about peter because I was so excited and she was like "uh huh thats nice" XD SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND!  Although her pony knowledge is now above average muahah! My mom gave up on me a long time ago lawl. She agreed to buy me some MH stuff for xmas without even questioning it. After all I could be buying crack! Now i'm just buying...dolly crack >_>

Zombielina I've also discovered a way to get wigs on the cheap, I buy yucky old porcelain dolls from thrift stores for like $3 each and scalp them (it sounds worse than it is). The wigs are okay quality and after a wash look pretty nice. I even straightened one with ratty curls and it came out beautiful and straight.  Some of the smaller one's clothes also fit Pullip reasonably well, and almost all Barbie clothes fit well.

I took a bunch more pictures of Kiyomi, but I think I'm gonig to set up a flickr, so heres a preview before I get them all up ^.^

PS both of these are appropriated wigs :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:38:11 AM by Rhini »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
Ogod, that second pic! She is GORGEOUS! *0*

sceimhiuil

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
Wow, Kiyomi is beautiful out of her stock.  :P

I have lost track of the amount of Pullips&co I have. Probably somewhere around 20 dolls, including a near complete Steampunk set which I'm very proud of  :blush: but it's time to downsize!!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
Thanks!  ^.^ Flickr now up and running, you can find all my pictures of her here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/90584741@N06/

I have about a hundred more outfits to take pictures of XD (barely exaggerating)

Summer is over kiyomi!

Goodbye summer! by Rysika, on Flickr
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:38:12 AM by Rhini »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »
That is super clever Rhini, she looks just beautiful in both wigs! :heart: What an excellent idea XD Next time I go pony thrifting I've gotta remember to actually look at the creepy "collectible dolls" shelf that's always full of sad wretched porcelain girls...  :lol:

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
I would never be able to scalp a percelain doll! I started my collecting and doll obsession with porcelains so they have a special place in my heart. You're brave to do it, lol! But, it IS a really good idea.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
D'aww! Yeah, there are porcelain dolls in my family too :heart: I have some really special ones that were my grandma's.

But the ones at my thrift store look so soulless and empty, all crammed onto this little shelf... I can see them wanting to be parts-donors...  XD

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
Poor things! At least parts of them will get a second swing at life!

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 06:01:48 PM »
I love your flickr Rhini! It's Friday here... surely that means your mystery pullip has arrived already right :lol:

Some girls arrived yesterday and I'm not completely satisfied with her:

Pullip Prupate by CasseminaPie, on Flickr

The wig is cute but there is something not quite right about her!!! does her fringe need more trimming? She definitely needs a different outfit but I've run out of new dresses! :cry: HELP! Need advice!

And don't get me started about Alte! She's the first girl I'm not in love with at all and her type 3 body is SO ANNOYING and floppy. She looks permanantely slouchy but she does photograph better than she looks!

Pullip Alte by CasseminaPie, on Flickr
Come visit my blog!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal