collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 191236 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic game for IOS!
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »
I had problems logging in on my gameloft app last night, not just in the game.  I think their server is just way overloaded with this release.  It's been down a couple of times in the last few days. 
I'm having problems staying logged on to GameLoft too. Seems to reset everytime the game reload. On the other hand, I am playing the game on two devices and have two distinctly different Ponyvilles, so it's completely experimental.

And don't panic if you see my level fluctuate up and down like crazy. I'm 7 levels behind on my iPad1.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:13:05 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »
Someone might of mentioned it- but when you "time travel" you can leave an entirely new set of "gifts" for your friends (as well as chests) - those lucky 20 who somehow made it through my Gameloft curtain just got a landslide from me as I tried to accumulate gems from the daily bonus...

I don't feel bad either- I have lost a number of gems now by accident, when I hit "skip" or something by mistake- infuriating.  The game does NOT have a good fail-safe for deleting items by accident (also happened) or for using gems by accident.  They should at least ask "are you sure?"  Jerks.

I just got the following advice from Gameloft for getting my friends to appear on my in game list.  Some of the advice is stupid and obvious- but it is true that I have a couple of P2P applications on my device- so I might try disabling them and trying again.  However, I doubt this will help.  Gameloft seems to be adding one and sometimes two friends a day...

Advice from Gameloft :

- Reboot your device
- Check that your WiFi is password-protected and that no one uses it and does not reduce its capacity.
- Turn off and turn on your WiFi make sure the signal is strong enough.
- Double check that you do not use any P2P applications
- Open the game
- Reconnect to Facebook or Gameloft Live

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
I don't feel bad either- I have lost a number of gems now by accident, when I hit "skip" or something by mistake- infuriating.  The game does NOT have a good fail-safe for deleting items by accident (also happened) or for using gems by accident.  They should at least ask "are you sure?"  Jerks.
Another one of my beefs with the game. They should display a confirmation box asking if you really want to spend the gem. I've managed to drain all the gems on my iPad4 Ponyville this way :(

I'm still not quite used to the curved back and the (lack of) thickness of the iPad4, and tend to fumble a bit when holding the device with one hand :/ And when I fumble, mistakes tend to happen :/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:17:49 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »
So someone left a comment at EqD that in order to actually fully complete the game you have to purchase both Shining Armor and Cadence AND the Town Hall.  The Town Hall is an unskippable quest.  Meh.  I really hope that things are just racked up in price right now because they want you to play at a normal pace. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
The kids and I have been playing this game too.

I'll add everyone here after I get my phone (halicabi) back from my daughter, and the iPad (halicabi1234) back from my son!

halicabi

FYI: If anyone plays Monopoly Hotels, we have the same two ID's.

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

DirePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
So someone left a comment at EqD that in order to actually fully complete the game you have to purchase both Shining Armor and Cadence AND the Town Hall.  The Town Hall is an unskippable quest.  Meh.  I really hope that things are just racked up in price right now because they want you to play at a normal pace.

If that is the case then it would be impossible to finish the game without spending a good deal of money. As it is impossible to collect that many gems playing through the game unless they lower the costs or increase the drop rates somewhere in the future. I time traveled out as far as I could and I am currently sitting at 385 gems. I admittedly have wasted a few gems along the way and have bought other gem ponies but I still would have been well short of having enough to buy Rainbow Dash, Cadence, Shining Armor and the Town Hall.

And really I wouldn't even have a problem paying money to buy gems if they and the ponies weren't so ridiculously overpriced. I can't justify spending $100 on an iPhone game that will be wiped out in a year when I upgrade my phone. Especially when I can buy a Wii or PS3 game (and after Sunday WiiU games!) that has 1000 times more content for $50 or $60. There is no way the Gameloft spent anywhere the development costs of console game developers and yet they are trying to price their games well over what console games sell for.

Post Merge: November 14, 2012, 01:30:04 PM

Also do not waste your gem shards on clearing parasprites! Only clear the ones you need to build something or complete a quest. They just keep coming back over and over and all you will be doing is wasting your gem shards. I have cleared out 1000s of them and then bam there they are again. This is a horrible gameplay mechanic designed to get you to waste shards and then spend money to try to earn more. And the magic shards are next to impossible to get. I literally have collected around 200 of them while I have maxed out at 999 on the other 5 elements multiple times. The fully staffed hospital is a little better at drops but even it is way too low.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:30:04 PM by DirePony »

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
Another one of my beefs with the game. They should display a confirmation box asking if you really want to spend the gem. I've managed to drain all the gems on my iPad4 Ponyville this way :(

I'm still not quite used to the curved back and the (lack of) thickness of the iPad4, and tend to fumble a bit when holding the device with one hand :/ And when I fumble, mistakes tend to happen :/
I agree, I really hate it when games don't have that for currency you need real money to buy. I know when playing Dragon Story I accidentally wasted 20 gold by speeding something up. I think I might've accidentally spent gems also, I had 3 gems but now I'm back down to 0.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
My friends list is still only showing 3 people and I know I have more friends than that. Sorry if you've friended me and I haven't sent you a gift!
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
saw on FB someone suggested downloading the Gameloft Live app, since I'd been unable to login to the website, and it never wanted to connect through the game.

so, i'm adding people now! sorry if you've been waiting on me.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

thekozmicpig

« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »
Agreed. As I said before, one shouldn't need to pay money for, at very least, the mane 6. Unfortunately, the game has quite a number of quests that requires you to waste gem on stuff to proceed :(

Aside from Rarity and Rainbow Dash, there's also this ridiculous quest where I have to spend gems on deco :(

The whole idea of asking you to spend premium currency just to complete the story line is ludicrous. I wouldn't care if some pony you didn't need cost gems, cause premium stuff should be cool stuff that you want but don't need to finish the game. Simpson's Tapped Out never forces you to spend premium currency (except for at the intro, but the game than gives you it all back anyway, just a teaching tool really).

Considering how this game was likely made for kids, this seems like at best, a weird game mechanic, and at worst, an unethical money grabber.

Maybe they'll patch it later or randomly give us like 40 gems as a "Thanks for making it a success" gift.

Also the game wants me to collect generosity shards now and NOTHING wants to give me any. It's like it's programmed to do this.

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
I'm getting sad to see so many things are costing gems. I don't want to spend $100 dollars on a iphone game. And the parasprites are just killing my town! I'll have everything cleared, leave the game for a few hours and they wreck everything! I hope it gets an update soon to fix all these things.

Anyways my Gameloft ID is: LilacMint
Please add me!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
Bleh, this is why I hate social games... they get you addicted to play and then in order to advance you have to spend a ton of money. I'm gonna keep playing until I can't advance any further without gems. I can try to save up gems, but that will take a long time and every so often I accidentally spend a few to skip because my finger slips. Aggravating!

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »
add me!!  rainbowflash

Offline StarlightGaze

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
I just deleted and reinstalled the game because I felt like starting over. XD

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
Apparently if you're on an Android device, you can't login to Gameloft (I noticed I had that issue, did some research, apparently it is a reported bug).  That explains why I can't see any of my friends from here! :(
Hope they fix it soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal