collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22720 times)

Offline cards4me

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+144)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Bonanza Cards4me
Re: NW Pony Party - August 10th
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
Had a great time, enjoyed meeting everyone. Can't wait to do it again.
 :biggrin:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:08 AM »
Who won the newbie vote?  ^.^

MyLittleLambie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
Larisa! (We didn't actually vote though.)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »
YAY! I want to hear what everyone's white elephant was too  :lol: I was thinking I may do a mail white elephant or something so I can have a white elephant to make over for next year.

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »
I'm willing to trade you?  But we took pics of us with our white elephants to make over.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
I think I was the only one who brought a custom for the contest.  ^.^ Galactica gave me a cool Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash as my prize. :D

I had a good time with everyone too! It was fun to meet some new people this year! Thanks to all those who came and brought food and ponies! A big thank you to Galactica for donating prizes!

I am curious to know what input everyone can give to make next year's meet even better! I was surprised that we ended a few hours earlier than last year. Perhaps we needed a few more activities to do? I also noticed all the food we brought this year was light appetizer type food, I wondered if people were ready to go because they were hungry. Or are there any other activities/games you would like to see happen next year?

Also, there was a Megan doll left in Momo's boxes of ponies. Does anyone want to claim her?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:00:25 AM by Katgyrl »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
It was super fun!  The White Elephant was fun, and coloring contest was fun too- (great coloring pages btw!)  - It was really cool to meet so many new people!  I will admit my favorite part was just socializing and swapping ponies :D

I wish I had finished my customs for the party- next time I will get started much sooner... but Katygrl's was seriously AWESOME and she definitely deserved the prize - LOVE that sewn tail! You really need to post a bunch of pictures of her- so unique!

Megan dove out of my box into Momos.  I guess since she is already selling so many she figured she could catch a ride towards a new home rather than languish in a bait box :D   She has her original hairbow, dress, panites and shoes...

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, Galactica. I just posted pics of my custom over in the custom area: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338654.0.html

Megan dove out of my box into Momos.  I guess since she is already selling so many she figured she could catch a ride towards a new home rather than languish in a bait box :D   She has her original hairbow, dress, panites and shoes...

Lol, I love it! Momo's ponies were feeling crowded already so Megan came home with me. She is in lovely condition.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
Hope you all had a blast!  Wish I could have joined you, but I had a final exam that same day.  It would have been a bit far for me too.  I'm going to try to get my house cleaned up, and I'd like to host a pony party here in Oregon.  You're all welcome to come if/when I get my act together!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

momo_no_hime

« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »

Haha! XD Well I'm just glad that we know where she came from. Katgyrl can give her a good home. :) Thanks again everybody! I had a great time, and I'm hoping to make it to another meet-up in the future.

And if anybody else wants the ramen salad recipe, let me know! :D

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
I think the summer wasn't actually as a good time for a meet.  Summer is generally busy for me with other activities.  I actually had to work early on Sunday too.  I know we picked it because we were going to do it outdoors, but I think the location we had was nice!!

It was super fun though!!

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »
Thanks for the input, Lambie. I agree with your thought, we did initially plan to have it outdoors but then discovered library meeting rooms are free! I feel like the room worked well, but what does everyone else think?

Also, those of you who took pictures, we'd love to see them! I think we can upload to our NW Pony Meet facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/303404706440267/), if that's easier than linking to the Arena

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »
I think the library meeting rooms are awesome!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
Thanks, MLLambie, but I was thinking of trading someone who also didn't get to go to this one but wanted to go to the next one.

I am so super sad that I couldn't go. We decided next year that DH will take the day off so if anything happens that a babysitter can't handle, he will be there.

I propose that we have a meet in January or February 2014. What do you think?

So, we need more food (of a non-dessert nature)?
A few more activities? (I could get the customizing relay together)
A couple more contests?

I had an idea for a challenge called 'The 12x12 Challenge'. Your challenge would be to create a display that would fit on no bigger than a 12x12 area of a table (BUT you can go higher, maybe a 4' max.)
It can be a single pony that is the prize of your collection, an army ponies, a scene of the apple family reunion or something presented by blind bags, a custom (or more) you made, a pony sticker collection, some factory flawed ponies, some ATCs or other art, art you drew as a child or art your kid drew, etc... No theme, just 12x12 and ponies and a 'G' rating ;) (Also, it needs to be stable, so it doesn't knock over anyone else's ponies). Anything you want. No customizing necessary, but you can if you want. I'd be willing to donate a prize :)

What do you think?

So we have the 'make-over your White Elephant' contest too. Any others?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
Thanks, MLLambie, but I was thinking of trading someone who also didn't get to go to this one but wanted to go to the next one.

I am so super sad that I couldn't go. We decided next year that DH will take the day off so if anything happens that a babysitter can't handle, he will be there.

I propose that we have a meet in January or February 2014. What do you think?

So, we need more food (of a non-dessert nature)?
A few more activities? (I could get the customizing relay together)
A couple more contests?

I had an idea for a challenge called 'The 12x12 Challenge'. Your challenge would be to create a display that would fit on no bigger than a 12x12 area of a table (BUT you can go higher, maybe a 4' max.)
It can be a single pony that is the prize of your collection, an army ponies, a scene of the apple family reunion or something presented by blind bags, a custom (or more) you made, a pony sticker collection, some factory flawed ponies, some ATCs or other art, art you drew as a child or art your kid drew, etc... No theme, just 12x12 and ponies and a 'G' rating ;) (Also, it needs to be stable, so it doesn't knock over anyone else's ponies). Anything you want. No customizing necessary, but you can if you want. I'd be willing to donate a prize :)

What do you think?

So we have the 'make-over your White Elephant' contest too. Any others?
That's a great idea !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal