collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22857 times)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party - August 10th
« Reply #255 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »
I think that's a great idea just to have a general custom contest, and we can give prizes bases on different categories like uniqueness or creativity or skill

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
I think that's a great idea just to have a general custom contest, and we can give prizes bases on different categories like uniqueness or creativity or skill

Good idea!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »
I am almost done with my strawberry themed pony, but I didn't get very far on my Under the Sea or Fashion Style-sized custom ;)

I was planning on providing a prize for the best newbie custom. A goodie bag of customizing stuff: hair, dullcoat, rehairing needles, etc...

Was I going to bring something else? Like prize-wise? I CANNOT believe it's in less than a month. O.o I will make buttons for this and last year. I can come help set up. I can't wait to see everyone!! I won't be nervous this time. :D

Question: how would y'all feel about doing a winter meet instead of a summer meet? I am toying with the idea of going to the MLP Fair next year and I feel like I can't focus on making the NW Meet as awesome as I'd like to with it so close together. I'm thinking January or Februaryish?? What do you guys think? Yea or neigh? ;)

Also, I will make us a banner...

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
I think a winter meet would be fantastic...summertime tends to be so busy for everyone, so it might work better for some folks' schedules.  Just my two cents, though. ;)

I'm *hoping* I'll be able to make it to the meet - it turns out that my family is going to be visiting from out of town, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to come or not.  This summer is going by in a flash!

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »
So wish I could come....  :cloud: Next time,  make it in Nevada or Cali..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:46:16 PM by CrystalMist »
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
Salli, you're a rockstar! Thanks for being willing to do so much for our meet!

I wouldn't mind a winter meet, it would probably be the same availability-wise for me either summer or winter, cuz we don't have money to go anywhere. :lol: :cry: I think last year we decided to do it in the summer so we could have it outside, but then it ended up working out that we are having it at an indoor location anyway.

I totally had a fabulous idea for a strawberry custom, and was super excited to do my first mermaid custom, but now my summer has flown by and there is no way I am getting any customs done for the meet. Oh well, life happens sometimes... I can't wait to see other people's customs who bring them!

Are people bringing sales and trades again this year? That was pretty fun last year!

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
Kinda funny, I was just going to come post about doing a Oregon Pony Meet Up in August or September....... It's too far for me to travel with a 3 year old to go to Seattle or anywhere close to there. She won't do drive what so ever. LOL

sarafina

« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »
I wouldn't mind a winter meet, it would probably be the same availability-wise for me either summer or winter, cuz we don't have money to go anywhere. :lol: :cry: I think last year we decided to do it in the summer so we could have it outside, but then it ended up working out that we are having it at an indoor location anyway.

:lol: I find that the summer craziness we experience is mostly because so many other events happen in the summer, and we usually have lots of friends/family visit around this time, so the weeks just slip by...I think that might be a common thing for some other folks (and the farm gets awfully busy this time of year, but that's just our own personal situation)...we definitely don't do much traveling, either.  I originally thought that a summer meet might make it easier for other folks to come, but I'm wondering if the busy-ness of the summer for most people might make it so that's not the case?  I also thought that a summer meet would be great for an outdoor party, but if we're planning to do most of our meets indoors, I guess it doesn't make a difference.  At any rate, just in case I can't make it to the August meet, my vote is for an off-season party...but that's just based on my personal situation, and I ultimately think that the group should do what works best for the majority, of course! :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
A winter meet would be fine by me!  But still looking forward to our summer meet next month-- I'm scurrying to finish some customs :D

I will definitely be bringing lots of loot to sell or trade-  I hope everyone brings theirs too!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »
I don't have anything to sell. I cleaned out my closet during EFNW. I'll be looking for stuff to buy though :D

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:07 AM »
I have some ponywear that I'll be bringing. You guys will get first dibs before I put it up on the Arena. ;)

momo_no_hime

« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »
So I totally missed this thread before! Is it too late for me to say I would love to come? I don't think I have anything going on that weekend. Little bit of a drive, but I'll make it for ponies. ;)

I have TONS of stuff to trade/sell too. (Probably at least 50+ G1s, tons of ponywear/accessories, etc.) It would save me the time of photographing and listing it all. :D

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
MOMO!! YOu should come!!! All pony peeps are welcome!!

So wish I could come....  :cloud: Next time,  make it in Nevada or Cali..

Sorry you can't make it, but having it in Nevada or Cali would make it not a Northwest Pony Meet ;). There are lots of Cali Arena members, you all should get together for a Cali meet!

I am super excited to get together next month! Maybe after the meet I will start the ball rolling on a winter meet or something. Summer + kids = CRAZY!! I always forget just how crazy. And the older they get, the crazier our schedules are. You know what would be fun some year? Having a NW Pony Meet in B.C.! That would rock. We could meet some Canadian peeps.

Okay, so here's the banner. Not in love with it, but it will work. Someone requested a g1 on the banner this year so I did Cascade Rainn in g1 form.
http://i.imgur.com/T17CLGL.jpg

I will be bringing my moolah. Yay shopping!! Did you guys want any demos? I would love a demo on that awesome yarn hair they are doing these days... I just can't get the knack of separating it. I am bringing a peacock pony for show and tell if anyone wants a sculpted peacock feather demo. (I was thinking it would be fun some year to have a 'customizing relay race' just for fun and silliness and split into 2 random teams and have each person take turns doing something like removing a head, rehairing a tail, painting an eye on, glittering a symbol, fast stuff just for fun.)

HoneyBuzz: we should get together soon but I probably can't until School starts at least :)

EDIT: Just thought of something, you know what would be fun? A pony White Elephant exchange! A real white elephant where you give away a bait you don't care for so much. XD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:25:30 AM by Salli »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2013, 11:39:37 AM »
So I totally missed this thread before! Is it too late for me to say I would love to come? I don't think I have anything going on that weekend. Little bit of a drive, but I'll make it for ponies. ;)

I have TONS of stuff to trade/sell too. (Probably at least 50+ G1s, tons of ponywear/accessories, etc.) It would save me the time of photographing and listing it all. :D
Of course you can come :D

Salli! Great job on the banner!  I'll add it right away!
And a white elephant is a great idea-  I've got lots of candidates :D

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
Love the banner! As soon as I get home I am putting that up! I am totally in love with the custom relay race thing. That sounds like so much fun! I would definitely do that! I think the white elephant thing would be fun too. Next year we should have a contest for customs made out of those white elephant baits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal