collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22892 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party - Summer 2013!
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »
Maybe we could wear riot gear or something ;)

That's so sweet of you to offer room on your table, Hanna. We should at very least meet up for a meal or something or wear t-shirts with matching logos or something XD That could be fun. I need to see if I can actually get a ticket before I go making too many plans :D

Do we want both events in July or have some time between them to rest? I'm probably going to be planning my family vacation in Seattle this year and the boys can go do guy stuff on the day of the Meet while I hang with y'all :D that way I can spend more time hanging out at the party :D

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
I'm free for pony stuff at any time! Rest? NEVER!

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure you get a paypal confirmation first and then later it's just confirmation on Everfree when you log in.  As soon as I get my check on Friday I'll get my pass.  I'm debating on getting my own table too though... It's only $30 more and that way we won't be too crowded... Hmmm... decisions...  I'll make sure I get back to you by the time I get my check though.  If anyone else wants to get in on the helper option, please feel free to step in :) 

The dealer hall is generally a pretty decent atmosphere.  There were very few people who were totally over the top and I didn't see anyone being hostile, so I'd say it's a good place to be :P

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
oh wish i could go! sounds fun! you NW ponies have fun!!! :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
Rest is for the weak! Haha,

Well honestly I am flexible so if someone has an opinion about when to have the next meet- they should mention- I think someone had an issue with August- but I forget who that was...

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
Oh, Everfree! Are they selling tickets for that already? I want to go this year!!

I think I'm pretty open for weekends this summer. As long as it's not on Sunday I can come! I am planning on going to our church's girls' camp as a leader this year so I guess not that saturday, I think it's usually the last week of June, I'd have to check. Eep, is that Everfree week?

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »
Oh, Everfree! Are they selling tickets for that already? I want to go this year!!

I think I'm pretty open for weekends this summer. As long as it's not on Sunday I can come! I am planning on going to our church's girls' camp as a leader this year so I guess not that saturday, I think it's usually the last week of June, I'd have to check. Eep, is that Everfree week?

Yup, Everfee tix are on sale, it's July 5-7th.

Btw, I'm not good at legal stuff. Will it be ok to sell pony stuff there? I'm planning customs (of course) and some other handmade pony merch. Will that be ok?

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2013, 05:16:06 PM »
Oh good, I think that's after the camp! I would have been totally wiped out (and dirty XD ) if it was the saturday right after. *phew*

And I almost forgot about the craft day! Does anyone still want to come here to do that? What days work for everyone, now that it's already January! So far I'm open on all Saturdays up until the second to last weekend in March. I'm assuming we want to do it pretty soon here.

And as far as an agenda, I'm just thinking we all bring stuff to work on or to share and have some food and visit while we work! I can have quite a few tables set up in my living/dining room (which are one big room- the only big room in my tiny house! :lol: ) so we should have plenty of room! Very casual, get together and have some dedicated time to work on projects and inspire each other at the same time! ;) And I'd definitely say non-pony crafts are welcome! Bring whatever you want to work on, or just come and hang out!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

Yay- lets all go to Everfree together!

As for craft fair- I am good with any weekends except this one and Feb 22nd-  I agree bringing crafts of choice sounds good- and maybe everyone can bring a snack to share :D

Yup, Everfee tix are on sale, it's July 5-7th.

Btw, I'm not good at legal stuff. Will it be ok to sell pony stuff there? I'm planning customs (of course) and some other handmade pony merch. Will that be ok?

Without getting into a long-winded debate-  hand-made pony stuff is probably derivative/infringing- BUT Hasbro does not usually take issue with fan-made stuff, unless it starts looking like you are starting to rake in some serious cash for it-  and even then, the worst they will do is ask you to stop (and even then, it is really really rare unless it appears you have a regular business, or are regularly out in the public making/selling these things.  The one thing I would advise against is to not put "My Little Pony" on anything or use any of their logos etc-  they have more of an interest in stopping that sort of thing (has to do with protecting the brand image more than anything else) 

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »
Ok, so as long as it's "pony-inspired" I should be ok? I mean, people sold customs/plushies/hats/whatever even at the big MLP fair on Hasbro property!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »
Pony inspired should be absolutely A-OK!  Seriously- Hasbro is really supportive of the fan-made stuff...

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
Pony inspired should be absolutely A-OK!

Cool!

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2013, 06:46:43 PM »
Last year every thing that was in the dealer hall was MLP stuff.  Some people even brought boxes of blind bags and MIB sets to sell above retail.  I'm sure everything you're going to do will be ok unless you claim that hasbro made something you actually did. 

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »
How does February sound for our craft day? How about February 9th? Does anyone have conflicts with that date? That gives us a month to plan. Shall we do it around brunch time like our pony party? Say 10:30am? Any input on either of those specifics?

I think bringing snacks to share would be awesome - it turned out so well for the party! Does anyone have something specific they want to bring?

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
I think the 9th works for me. I'll bring brownies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal