collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No ponies till New Years  (Read 4319 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: No ponies till New Years
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
I'll join! As long as it doesn't count if I'm buying ponies FOR someone.  :biggrin:

I already promised myself I'd not be buying anything for me until after the Holidays. Spending all my money on everyone else. And then after the Holidays... guess who's going on a pony shopping spree?  :biggrin: :biggrin: It's time for me to expand my G3's, G2's and start my G1 collection. Can't wait. Until then.. no ponies for me!
I think that's reasonable especially for the holidays. Who are you buying for?  I actually still need to buy a few for the wife to finish her Christmas brother pose collection.  One of her gifts for Christmas is some of the ponies she's missing from childhood since they had a house fire when she was a kid. I'm down to getting her a few brother poses I think four. Need a few more tropical ponies and TE, but those might wait till after the holidays. :lol:

Oh wow you don't have any G1s yourself Karrie? :shocked:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
I'll join! As long as it doesn't count if I'm buying ponies FOR someone.  :biggrin:

I already promised myself I'd not be buying anything for me until after the Holidays. Spending all my money on everyone else. And then after the Holidays... guess who's going on a pony shopping spree?  :biggrin: :biggrin: It's time for me to expand my G3's, G2's and start my G1 collection. Can't wait. Until then.. no ponies for me!
I think that's reasonable especially for the holidays. Who are you buying for?  I actually still need to buy a few for the wife to finish her Christmas brother pose collection.  One of her gifts for Christmas is some of the ponies she's missing from childhood since they had a house fire when she was a kid. I'm down to getting her a few brother poses I think four. Need a few more tropical ponies and TE, but those might wait till after the holidays. :lol:

Oh wow you don't have any G1s yourself Karrie? :shocked:

I'm buying for my sister who I have corrupted into loving ponies. She's in love with Minty and I'm working on getting her some for Christmas. And nope! No G1's. I've tried to buy quite a few on ebay but I always end up losing. I am falling so much in love with so many though. So after Christmas, that's it. I'm going crazy on them. I grew up on G2's so most of my focus since I got back into Ponies has been G2-G4.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »
Ohh yeah my sister has a tub of G2s around the house somewhere. Those were her ponies! I think there was only a year of G1s gosh the year she was born, so she might have one G1 pony. I think that's cool though Minty is so pretty. Does she like G3 or G1 better? I still do not have a G1 Minty...gotta track her down. :lookround:

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »
no ponies for Christmas? umm *backs away slowly from thread.....*

Joins Ivy :P

Good luck everyone though - personally I love the idea sometimes it helps us appreciate our collection more but alas I really truly don't have the will power.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55:02 PM »
I'm in! I am scared to even calculate how much I spent on ponies this year ... way too much. I'm not going to buy any pony stuff till January!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
I NEED to join :P I bought a pony for someone though and while searching on ebay for it I just happened on some some at a really good price that I totally must have :shocked: I'm sure they'll go out of my price range (of $15 :P ) so I probably have nothing to worry about XD
My Wish List

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
I NEED to join :P I bought a pony for someone though and while searching on ebay for it I just happened on some some at a really good price that I totally must have :shocked: I'm sure they'll go out of my price range (of $15 :P ) so I probably have nothing to worry about XD
Resist Shen resist! Join the no pony commitment.  I'm bad even though I'm not getting ponies I've been staring at pony hair all day to rehair ponies....gotta stop.

Honeycomb: Awesome! I can feel you on that I discovered Nirvanas, and my wallet will never be the same. I think a little break from ponies till January will do it wonders.

Cat: -uses Jedi mind trick?- you want to not buy ponies till January! :P

Formerly Maddie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
i know when i did  the  30 days no pony thing it really helped lol.  i mean i dont buy as many as i did. and i've really scaled back ont he ponys i  buy. mostly only get them  now when i'm at hte flea market or yard sales.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
Resist Shen resist! Join the no pony commitment.  I'm bad even though I'm not getting ponies I've been staring at pony hair all day to rehair ponies....gotta stop.

B-buuut it's TAF Milky Way with her backcard! And Sugarberry with her backcard! And FIZZY with her backcard! You know how I love Fizzy :P You have totally got me started on backcards! :throw: ;) I must own a TE backcard :dribble: But... yes... I will join.. My sister's birthday is this month and I need to buy her presents, not ponies for myself :sweat:
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 02:49:46 AM »

The force is strong...but not strong enough :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 05:54:21 AM »

The force is strong...but not strong enough :P
Grabs Cat and quickly flees from thread...
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
oh man I don't think I have the willpower  to join this.
no ponies, no goodwill, no eBay, no fairy tails birds, no customs, no blind bags..
I really need to but Oh man.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »
i know when i did  the  30 days no pony thing it really helped lol.  i mean i dont buy as many as i did. and i've really scaled back ont he ponys i  buy. mostly only get them  now when i'm at hte flea market or yard sales.

Yes! I don't give into my impulses to check Ebay. I think many times about all the ponies that are lurking about the house.

I'm so glad that I did the 30day challenge! :)

:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
I have not bought any ponies since the beginning of August, and that's going to be broken this weekend, most likely..... so this is a no-go for me  :silly:

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »
I'll try it too. I've been good about it this month. Last month I did some buying and alot of trading which added up, since I bought G4s to trade.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal