collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FALSE. RUMOR: Disney Shopping around for Hasbro  (Read 8473 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: RUMOR: Disney Shopping around for Hasbro
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 03:27:55 PM »
Ponyville as a world in the kingdom hearts games
I would be okay with Disney owning MLP for this and this alone.

I don't collect G4s because the quality is so bad and feel the show has gone way downhill, so for me there's not too many bad things if this were to happen. Evil Disney craziness over fanart and such would really suck, but that's all I'd really care about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »
*Insert Daniel Bryan glf here  with his current gimmick* ><

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
it feels apocalyptic to me though...   disney owning everything Hasbro/Marvel/Star Wars related.  would they be a monopoly?

Disney is taking over the world.  They are taking over all popular things especially if kids like them or if it is related to fairy tales.  They are even doing a movie musical of Into the Woods which was one of the few remaining widely known non-Disney fairytale musicals.  I think Disney wants to snuff out any other popular things by making them Disneyfied. 

I hate Disney. 

Mind you, I also love Disney, but I hate that the Disney version of things always becomes "the" version of things that most people know and assume is the original.  Yes, Disney does do things good, but I wish people didn't accept everything they did as the "standard".  Sigh.

For example, I love Tangled, but now that Tangled is out everyone thinks Rapunzel has to be like Disney's Rapunzel.  Any time someone writes about something that is not Disney's version of Rapunzel they now have to explain that the version they are talking about is not like Disney and is more like the original story.  I liked it better when everyone knew of Rapunzel as the girl in the tower who could look like anything you wanted her to look like.  You could use your imagination.  All the Disney movies set a standard into your head and you don't get to dream up your princess or prince anymore.  My Beauty before Beauty and the Beast had long very curly brown hair.  My Little Mermaid had black long hair and blue eyes.  My Pocahontas was a little girl with braids.  My Jane was blonde with shorter hair.  My Rapunzel had one long braided rope of hair for the witch/prince to climb.  Now when you hear Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Tarzan, and Rapunzel you first thought is most likely of the Disney version. 

They are now making a version of The Snow Queen (Frozen) which will likely replace everyones original ideas of the story and characters once it comes out.  So when you hear "Snow Queen" your old image will most likely be taken over by Disney's new version too. 

I rant. 

You can't really blame that on Disney though. I mean, you can't say Disney isn't allowed to make iconic characters.
If people can't see beyond the Disney characters, than that is their problem really. I think most people with a bit of common sense know that Disney didn't create these fairytales.

Agreed.  I love Disney versions of fairy tales but I'm well-aware that there are other versions - and most of the people I know are aware of that, too.  There isn't any reason why Disney can't produce their own concepts of stories nor does it erase the other versions.

(And I'm super excited for Disney's Into the Woods, if only to introduce a wonderful musical to a completely new audience.)

Back on-topic, The possibility of Disney buying Hasbro is a long way off.  And even if they do, I'm not concerned yet - I'd just be hopeful for better quality and better distribution.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Wrestling on a pony forum... My worlds are crossing over.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
Ponyville as a world in the kingdom hearts games
GOD NO! :scared:

Oh you crossed it out...whew good. If that ever happened...no..*imagines*...no! *Sora*...OH LORD NO! *as a pony*
:faint:
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »
LOL i was gonna try to find a actual gif of it i dint know if it was appropriate lol

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
it feels apocalyptic to me though...   disney owning everything Hasbro/Marvel/Star Wars related.  would they be a monopoly?

Disney is taking over the world.  They are taking over all popular things especially if kids like them or if it is related to fairy tales.  They are even doing a movie musical of Into the Woods which was one of the few remaining widely known non-Disney fairytale musicals.  I think Disney wants to snuff out any other popular things by making them Disneyfied. 

I hate Disney. 

Mind you, I also love Disney, but I hate that the Disney version of things always becomes "the" version of things that most people know and assume is the original.  Yes, Disney does do things good, but I wish people didn't accept everything they did as the "standard".  Sigh.

For example, I love Tangled, but now that Tangled is out everyone thinks Rapunzel has to be like Disney's Rapunzel.  Any time someone writes about something that is not Disney's version of Rapunzel they now have to explain that the version they are talking about is not like Disney and is more like the original story.  I liked it better when everyone knew of Rapunzel as the girl in the tower who could look like anything you wanted her to look like.  You could use your imagination.  All the Disney movies set a standard into your head and you don't get to dream up your princess or prince anymore.  My Beauty before Beauty and the Beast had long very curly brown hair.  My Little Mermaid had black long hair and blue eyes.  My Pocahontas was a little girl with braids.  My Jane was blonde with shorter hair.  My Rapunzel had one long braided rope of hair for the witch/prince to climb.  Now when you hear Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Tarzan, and Rapunzel you first thought is most likely of the Disney version. 

They are now making a version of The Snow Queen (Frozen) which will likely replace everyones original ideas of the story and characters once it comes out.  So when you hear "Snow Queen" your old image will most likely be taken over by Disney's new version too. 

I rant. 

You can't really blame that on Disney though. I mean, you can't say Disney isn't allowed to make iconic characters.
If people can't see beyond the Disney characters, than that is their problem really. I think most people with a bit of common sense know that Disney didn't create these fairytales.

Oh I know that.  But it still bothers me that Disney becomes the most iconic.  And the thing is I do like Disney too.  Disney really does an excellent job with their movies.  It's a love/hate thing for me. 

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 12:29:37 AM »
Not sure what to think about that. It feels kind of weird.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 03:35:41 AM »
I AM THE PRETTIEST WINGS!!! I AM THE PRETTIEST WINGS!!!

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
Disney is trying to buy Hasbro - good thing or bad thing?
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
I do not know.... though I'm uncomfortable with the way Disney is buying out every company these days.

What do you guys think?

Topics merged :lovey: butterflybuttons
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:20:42 PM by butterflybuttons »

keikokukien

Re: Disney is trying to buy Hasbro - good thing or bad thing?
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
As far as toys are concerned....:/ I'm really not sure. It gives you room to worry.

But I have to say, the moment I found out about this, the first thought I had was: "Omg, I can wear a Pony costume to Disney world!!" and wouldn't it be cool if they made a ride there? XD; I'm sure it would be kiddy but that also opens up pandoras box for exclusive theme park collectable ponies.

I hope that if they do buy Hasbro, they limit their changes and improve the line...Quality control, ect.

Offline BeefyDia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »
Wow, I'm not sure how to react to this. I kind of get how you feel about your discomfort. Although on the plus side maybe this means more cute pony outfits like the ones they used to sell exclusively at Disney World :P

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
Here's the thread about this:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,314248.0.html

First off, it's a RUMOR. 

Secondly, Disney and Hasbro are probably evaluating the potential earning powers of their multiple cross-over licensed merch, like Star Wars and Transformers.  Disney owns the rights, but licensed the toy merchandising to Hasbro.  So of course they are going to look at their numbers! 

Third, DON'T PANIC.  Disney just spent $4.5 billion...  they'll likely wait a short while before acquiring anything else. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »
It is kinda unsettling to see them buying stuff up.  But one positive is:  Disney is a successful company of many years with good quality shows and merchandise.  Maybe, just maybe they can encourage some better product quality.

BerryPunch

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
"Stock in the Pawtucket-based toymaker (HAS:Nasdaq) spiked 6.8 percent to $38.66 at the opening bell amid speculation that Disney (DIS:NYSE) was preparing a multi-billion dollar bid for Hasbro.

Hasbro declined comment, citing its policy of not talking about rumor or speculation. CNBC analyst David Faber reported that Hasbro's advisors told him there's "absolutely nothing going on that they are aware of at all, in any way, shape or form" involving Hasbro or Disney.
Wall Street analysts said a Disney acquisition didn't make much sense, just after Disney agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion. And for any deal to happen, Hasbro would have to dissolve agreements with Disney's competitors."
from Providence Journal. Woah, dodged a bullet on that one. I'm relieved.  ^^;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal