collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: At what point would you start selling your collection?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: At what point would you start selling your collection?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »
:hug: honey...I hope you can work it out.

Personally it would be if I was out of work - then, as much as it would honestly hurt - I would have to let some go in order to tide me through bills.

As it is right now I will be selling some off as I need to raise a significant amount of money in a couple of months - so a few nirvanas will be hitting ebay!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
I was lucky - the dentist decided to repair my tooth in the same way as before without resorting to a crown so it only cost £20. :)

But I'm like most of you - the non-pony stuff goes first. I've already been doing that to help pay for the car and also to make space... for ponies. ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
If I needed money, all my possessions could go -- except for some sentimental childhood items and a couple items I doubt I could pick up again. It's just stuff in my eyes--- stuff that has value.

My doggie might need surgery soon, and then rehab.. and that'll probably suck up a good $2,000. uOu sigh. Might need to sell for that big hit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
A few years ago I was staring down this problem.  out of nowhere my husband lost his job and my income wasn't enough to cover our bills.  When we looked at our situation there was no way to get by without some dramatic changes.  The plan we drafted included cutting cable, internet eating out etc.  At the end of that painfully short list was selling my pony collection.  Thankfully my husband found work quickly (and the $ settlement his old company had to fork over for wrongful termination helped:)).  I never had to sell a single pony but we learned a valuable lesson.  We reduced our debt and live off one income now.  I still finance my pony collecting with my income but that could easily be stopped if we ever get in this situation again.  I would have been sick if I had to part with my collection.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
My son is my line. Any thing that comes up where I needed money to care for him the way he needs to be....the ponies go if that is where I can get the money. I love my ponies, but no where near the level of my son.

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Im in that prediciment :( getting married in March and just been made redundant...thats why im selling my entire collection at Pangels pony party next saturday and on eBay. Its hard..very hard but ive done it before when ive needed to raise funds (sold off all my Pocket Dragons and my entire Muse back catalogue). Baby Yoyo is the most prized in my collection, my first MLP given to me when I was about 8 years old by my grandparents, she is baity bless her but she is priceless to me :)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
I was lucky - the dentist decided to repair my tooth in the same way as before without resorting to a crown so it only cost £20. :)

But I'm like most of you - the non-pony stuff goes first. I've already been doing that to help pay for the car and also to make space... for ponies. ;)
awesome!!! thats great news ^_^

i have been in that place before and what i decided to do was SELL! there are a couple ponies in my collection that were VERY hard to come by (like only 3 known to exist) so i will not sell those. But there are others that i know I could easily buy again. so i sold them, like hundreds of them.... and i dont regret it one bit because i have seen everyone of them for sale since and i know I can buy them easily again.
so ponies like mimic and your MBs, although a bit pricey are certainly replaceable.
if you are ever in that place again, i would sell sell sell!!
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

That's fantastic news! :green: I'm glad that you didn't need to sell any ponies off.

For me, the breaking point would be if I needed a lot of money in a short time. There are quite a few things that I would cut out of my life first, like going to resturants, tv, etc., before I would sell off all of my collection. Hopefully I wouldn't have to get to that point!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
Yay thats great Daffy! Woo hoo!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »
I would sell if I needed funds to care for my animals. I would also sell if some sort of debt came out of the woodwork and threatened our credit.

Only other time I would sell is if I fell out of love with the collection in question. If I don't appreciate it anymore, then I'll sell them to someone who does.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
I would sell if I had to , the easiest to find again would go first, then if I had to I would sell the harder ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal