collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping Help! US to Overseas  (Read 528 times)

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
Shipping Help! US to Overseas
« on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »
I was contacted today by a member looking to buy a couple of my customs who lives in the UK.

After doing some checking on both UPS and the US postal service websites  to come up with a general idea of how much shipping is going to run. I was shocked to say the least that most all services they were coming up with postage costs ranging from $40 to $90. The two cheapest options I spotted were between $12 and $20, which seemed better. Nothing was listed for how much tracking and delivery confirmation would add onto that.

How much do you usually spend shipping overseas and what range should I be looking at?

Thanks so much!
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Help! US to Overseas
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »
USPS First class has limited tracking. The Customs number can be used to track the item but once overseas, the tracking depends on the local mail service to update status. For more protection, you can register your item for an additional $12. USPS first class has a weight limit of 4 lbs.

I recently mailed something to New Zealand that was in a box, a little over 2 lbs and cost $20 for USPS First Class.

USPS Priority mail is more expensive and really doesn't get the item there much faster. The flat rate options have no tracking or delivery confirmation other than the Customs number.

This is all off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else can give you more info that I missed. HTH!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
Thanks. That actually helps a lot.  ^.^

It's always good to get the process behind the numbers down, so what I'm looking at makes sense.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »
If you do want tracking and confirmation, your only option is Global Express unfortunately :(

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
Not in the US, but I love the First Class International option! It's always fast and pretty cheap, and I have bought many many things from the US the past four years and nothing has ever gotten lost or taken more than two weeks to get to me. US mail is so much more awesome than our own :P
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal