collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: sorry for the rant... but WHHHYYY !!!??! is Minty a prototype ??!  (Read 7024 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
Re: sorry for the rant... but WHHHYYY !!!??! is Minty a prototype ??!
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
Question:  I keep  looking on Hasbro's page for a place to email them about Minty WITHOUT registering for an account.  Is this not possible?
I just wrote an email to this address, i found it on the web site.

[email protected]

this is the email i got back:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions and opinions with us regarding the my little pony product line. Customer Satisfaction is very important to us. We will forward your comments to our management team so that they are also aware of your views. We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service.  We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

We greatly appreciate your business.  If you have additional questions, please visit our website, www.HasbroToyShop.com, or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at [email protected] or phone at 1-800-408-0052.  Available Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 8:00PM Eastern Time and Saturday 10:00AM to 2:00 PM.

Thank you,
Hestor
Hasbrotoyshop.com Customer Service
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:59:37 AM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
Got my form e-mail reply from Hasbro today.

Here's what I wrote:

Greetings!

I have been a collector of My Little Pony figures since 1984 (yeah, I'm *that* old), and I've recently joined the collector's forum, My Little Pony Arena. On this site, the members have proposed many ideas for new products of My Little Pony toys, lots of which are, I'm sure, similar to ideas your company already has in the works. But I'd like to take a moment to put my personal support behind this idea:

Minty 2013

The pony in question keeps popping up on eBay, and she's selling for a fortune. Have you noticed? If you're interested, please do check out the link to the ended eBay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/044-My-Little-Pony-RARE-G4-MINTY-Prototype-/150845508879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231f17cd0f

She's beautiful, and she's Minty, and I sincerely do hope that your company plans to properly release her as a Generation 4 brushable My Little Pony, generally available to the mass market. Minty in the original line of My Little Pony toys, wayyyyy back in 1984, was *the* pony that got me into collecting these tiny horses in the first place, and I've collected several reiterations of the same pony over the generations. She'd be a lovely pony for Hasbro to make as a tip of the hat to the collectors of the older generations, and I'm sure little girls and bronies alike would be pleased with somepony other than yet another Mane 6. Please, please do consider making the G4 Minty for mass market!

And here's the wholly unsatisfying response from Hasbro:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro regarding My Little Pony; specifically Minty! I appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Your comments are very important to us. Please be assured I have forwarded your feedback to our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

I want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service and hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

Let's hear it, a resounding meh. 

I'm toying with the idea of writing a Dilbertesque reply to this tepid reply along the lines of It means money, you corporate peon!  Money, as in dollars, greenbacks, moolah, dough!  What do you thimblebrains at Hasbro not comprehend about this concept?! but then my Fluttershyish nature gets the better of me and I don't. :sheepish:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:54 PM »
I got a slightly different response from them today (actually got the reply yesterday but I didn't check my email)

What I wrote:
Hello there!

I'm emailing to say that I love Minty and ever since I've seen the non-blind bag version of her floating around on the internet, I keep thinking "Maybe we will get her soon."

Well there are several of us who are still waiting for Brushable Minty! You've heard the cries of Bronies and other FiM fans for Toy versions of ponies like Ditzy-Doo and Nightmare Moon, plus ponies like Lyra and DJ pony. Now collectors and Minty Fans are crying out for Brushable Minty to finally step out of the shadows of the internet and into the heards of not only collectors but others who loved her from the G3 line!

Please release Brushable Minty soon :( The blind bag version of her isn't what many really want.

Thank you,
(removing my name)

and here is the response I got back:
Hi (removing my name),

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic line.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. Please be assured we have forwarded your comments to our management team so that they are also aware of your views and request for a brushable Minty figure.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

It was from someone named Rob XD Don't know if this is good or meh kind of response from them though
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
I got a reply to but I'm not going to post it as its pretty much the same as all the others~ I think we can be at least happy that all the messages are slightly different- they are being looked at and replied to by real people at least. I don't expect we will hear anything about it to soon but just keeping her in front of them and make sure they remember her might just get them to put her into production. After all the bronies did spend over a year repeatedly asking for specific ponies before we finally saw them hit shelves :)

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »
my email has been sent :) maybe everyone trying the online chat help function could be an idea too??

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
With emails to customer services you could get similar responses but at least they are responding.

Has anyone tried some twitter action - get something trending #g4minty or something similar. Now a days a lot of corporations - including senior brand managers will monitor twitter for comments and feedback - its a hard action way to find out what your public and customers are saying.   

Or try something completely different - track down the name of MLP brand manager and then literally send them a hard copy letter. Lots of people could send lots of letters - or one person could create a letter which you get people to electronically send it. Get their attention with something different...and yes for a laugh a letter could include a pony sock or some appreciation for Minty!

If you need any help let me know!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
At least the responses aren't TOTALLY canned!

Remember, the people answering the emails can't do anything about the toyline--they are JUST customer service people, that is all they do (answering emails).

So it's actually a VERY GOOD THING to hear that they are forwarding these emails to the management team!  The management team is where these kind of decisions get made!

Keep it up, everyone! :D
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
Has anyone tried contacting people who work on the show? They might have some sort of pull.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »

Has anyone tried some twitter action - get something trending #g4minty or something similar. Now a days a lot of corporations - including senior brand managers will monitor twitter for comments and feedback - its a hard action way to find out what your public and customers are saying.   

That's a good idea. I don't do twitter myself but it would probably get some attention!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
Has anyone tried contacting people who work on the show? They might have some sort of pull.

Good idea, Pinecone. We could even combine it with hathorcat's twitter campaign suggestion since some of the show's staff are on there. I can't remember exactly who, though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:01:05 PM by OneWingChangeling »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
I wouldn't focus too much on StudioB or the Hub - yes they certainly interact more with fans than Hasbro so but for something as important as a non-show pony and a production issue you would be much better speaking to the head rather than the hands :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »
Wow $400.  I hope that if Hasbro gets lots of people to say they want a G4 Minty they would make one.  Most of the ponies they have made have been on FIM and Minty hasn't.  They need to make a Christmas FIM movie with Minty that's all there is to it.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
Or try something completely different - track down the name of MLP brand manager and then literally send them a hard copy letter. Lots of people could send lots of letters - or one person could create a letter which you get people to electronically send it. Get their attention with something different...and yes for a laugh a letter could include a pony sock or some appreciation for Minty!

I was thinking of designing some "brochures" and "catalogue pictures" of Minty being Christmasey and awesome with socks.  :)  If anyone can find the correct address to send these things, I would greatly appreciate it.

I really appreciate that someone posted Hasbro's CS email - hopefully I will get some kind of response that isn't auto-generated from their mail server.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
I hope they release her, too, the prototype is adorable! maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release her for Christmas.
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-Minty/490892317597665

here is a link to my fb we want minty page. after every 200 (100 maybe??) likes the page link will be emailed to Hasbro!! feel free to post the link everywhere!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal