collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sorry Wrong number  (Read 4709 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Sorry Wrong number
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
lol anyone get a phone call asking for some mysterious person you dont know? And you most likely politely tell them that they must have the wrong number right?

well we recently got a house phone, for the first time in years. We only got it because it came with our internet, we never really use the thing unless a cell phone is dead or something. The funny thing is, we immediately started getting calls. The salesmen and political surveys we kinda expected, but were also getting personal calls from many different people asking for a number of other people. If they were only asking for one person id chalk it up to "whoever had this number last." but we've had people asking for at least 5 different people, I suppose they could have all lived together? who knows.

so obviously over and over, i tell them. "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number."
and for a while that was fine, but some of these people are down right RUDE! O__o more so lately it seems.
They accuse me of lying, and that im really just screening calls for whoever they want to get a hold of. Even that though I usually just say "sorry we just got this number a few weeks ago, whoever youre trying to reach must have a new number."

well I recently just got a job, I work a 3rd shift, which is what I prefer, it allows me to work at night while my son is sleeping and my mom is home since we share a car and she works days. I work usually a 10pm-6am, so it works out perfectly, I get home get my son ready for school and spend mornings with him and  then i sleep while hes at school and then im awake with him after school until he goes to sleep at 8:30.

this works for me, but today xD i started getting more phone calls, right at about noon. This girl was livid, would not take my word that i had only recently acquired this number. The best part is, she was determined to believe that i was her Boyfriends secret girlfriend! I would have found the entire thing funny, (ok maybe i still did) but I was also getting mad, because i wasnt getting any sleep! she would call, yell at me, hang up, and call back *repeat* the fact that i was tired wasnt helping me either. eventually I got mad enough and threatened to call the police, and that seemed to have worked.. but all day i was just so dumbfounded by the whole experience. xD I mean WHO does that!? iv had this number for a few months now, surely shes got other ways to contact her boyfriend? why use this number... uggh why not just bug her boyfriend instead xD. I honestly felt a little bad that I couldn't make her believe that i wasnt actually some girl he was cheating on her with, he probably did get a bunch of rage calls from her.

the whole thing has me laughing now xD i told my mom and shes just been dying on the phone laughing the whole time xD. please tell me im not the only one whose gotten crazy lady phone calls. and if you have funny experiences please share xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Sorry Wrong number
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »
LOL Well I suppose she must have had some reason to be convinced he was cheating. I wouldn't feel too bad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »
Use to.  But not so much anymore.  I frequently get phone calls from the previous owner of my number even though I've had my phone number for 7 years. P; 
If you don't have a valid phone number for your boyfriend then you're probably the other woman, lol.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
We had someone call our house and tried to order some pizza from dominoes!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
I get phone calls for the same woman.  I wonder if she uses my number as her "fake number". I even got a hospital calling her to tell her the status of her son who was staying there.  I called them back to tell them they did not reach his mom (figured it was important) and they said she only gave them the one number.  Mine.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
LOL!  I had the EXACT same thing happen to me when I was in college!

I was walking across campus and my cell rang (a number I'd had for three years), and I answer it in my normal, female voice, and am immediately accosted by a livid female voice that demanded to know who I was.  I'd never been yelled at by someone after I said "Hello?" before, so I gave her one of those "Uh... Kat?" responses, then she demanded to know where Jason was.  I told her that the only Jason I knew was my cousin, but he lived in St. Louis and had never, ever had my phone before.  She got nastier and asked me again where Jason was.  I told her that I was pretty certain she had the wrong number, and she kept getting angrier.  I tried telling her I'd had this number for three years, but it didn't work.  Eventually I hung up on her.

I still think it's pretty funny.  In fact, I might have actually laughed at the conversation because it was so ridiculous.  I do feel pretty bad for that Jason guy, though.  As irrational as that girl sounded, I'm sure he got an ear full from her because she didn't dial his number correctly.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
I get calls for a lady called Bonita all the time.  It drives me crazy I'd have fun with it but there's always a .1% chance it's a potential employer..

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »
rofl xD this is actually the second time iv gotten angry girlfriend calls

well the first time they were texts xD I got a pretty um "provocative" text and i texted back "sorry wrong number" i immediately got a phone call from another angry woman demanding to know why i was with her boyfriend and using his phone xD

my mom on the other hand was on the other end of the phone mix up, when she was texting pictures of my sisters baby to my grandparents, she apparently texted these new born baby pictures to some man xD he texted back "cute baby I hope its not mine" ROFL she replied apologizing about the mix up, and he just texts back "phew"

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
One time I called a wrong number (I was trying to call a female college friend and I got an older guy with a heavy Indian accent) and he kept calling me!

Once I called and realized that it was not my friend, I apologized, but the guy said, "no problem, I will talk to you later." I thought that was a strange response.

He called me back a few days later. I was confused. Then he called again. I stopped answering the phone, then he started calling and leaving messages saying, "I miss hearing from you, call me back!"

I never even gave him my name!

He eventually stopped, but it was really weird.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
o__o omg kitty id be freaking out!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 06:21:14 PM »
I just got a mystery text today from someone looking for Steve lol, they were like "I'm so depressed, I can't do this anymore" yadda yadda..

And when my husband had his old phone number he used to get called not even joking, like a solid 30+ times a day, by foreigners (I am not sure which country they were from, but they did not speak english at all) and would ask for the same people over and over again. He would say "no you have the wrong number" hang up, then they would call 5 minutes later and ask for that person, again! It was rediculous, finally he had to get his number changed because they would call him at all hours of the night and day.. totally relentless.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
I used to keep getting calls from some latina lady.  She only spoke Spanish, so it was kind of hard to get the message through that she had the wrong number.  I finally remembered enough of my high school Spanish to tell her "Lo siento. Tiene el numero incorrecto" and that apparently got the message across.  Haven't had any calls from her for a while!

Earlier this week, hubby got a phone call from some grandma. He answered the phone and was all "Who's this?"  Then I heard "Hi Grandma!  No, sorry, this is Greg in Ohio.  Well greetings from Ohio!  Good luck tracking down your grandson."

Apparently, Grandma was in Indiana and trying to call her grandson, who has the same name as hubby, in Denver! Pretty wild coincidence.  At least she was nice about it.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
That reminds me of when my sister and I would make prank calls. One we liked to do was pretend like we thought the person on the line was our grandma/pa.  We'd talk as if we were three years old and the person always thought we were really trying to call "gammy".  So they would try to help us: "hang up and go ask your mommy for help calling your grandma".

We were bad.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »
I don't have such fun stories.  My ex bf told me he once got sent a pic of "some guys junk!"  I laughed at that but I don't remember if he replied to the pic or not.  Years ago I got a wrong number call an ended up having a half hour conversation with the guy!  It wasn't weird, just a little odd.  Maybe he thought I sounded cute.

Good luck with your calls, truevampiress!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
 you guys keep reminding me of more and more miss calls

I kept getting calls from the GT academe its this school not far from where i work say "Cameron was not marked on our attendance and please call back to verify his absence." this was freaking me out xD because my sons name is also Cameron, and when I got the call I had just gotten home from dropping him of at HIS school. I called his school just in case and they were like yeah hes in class xD, then i called GT academe and told them about the mix up, and then had a quick chat about how whoever they were meaning to call had a kid with the same name as mine xD 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal