collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My own Liv doll! sort of...  (Read 861 times)

SailorSonazaki1995

• Trade Count: (0)
My own Liv doll! sort of...
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
Well, FIRST off.. I cannot afford an actual ball-joint(ed) doll. Dollfies, Pullips, etc (can't spell, sorry) But here's the results of imagination and a little thrift store luck!

Take a naked, baity and hair-less Liv doll!  (I found two :)!)
And some generic wigs (A boxed set of doll wigs, ALSO found at the thrift store ^.^~)
Give her any (fitting) outfit of choice and some shoes (none of mine fit her,sadly)  The current outfit is not hers forever, I am rummaging through clothes for her as it is!

And:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lol , they don't fit her. :'D

Better than no doll buddy at all, right? :hot:  heheh..ughh

I have yet to give her a name, any ideas?

Name: Unknown

Personality: She has a strange personality. Along the lines of Sam Winchester from SPN and Sweetheart from MLP Tales in this case.
Favorite Music Genre: Soft Rock and Ballads. Maybe a little Guns N Roses at times.
Favorite Food: She doesn't eat much, but when she does eat, it consists of quick foods. Like coffee and small snacks.
Dislikes: TV,Soft Drinks, Loud Metal music, loud noises (Gets startled by them) Anything loud in general I assume lol.
Flaws: Technophobe (Hence why she hates TV, but she uses a Laptop to check her e-mail and other things)  Easily stirred by loud sounds. Gets nervous when in a crowd. Doesn't speak much.
"H-hi?"

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:29:57 PM by SailorSonazaki1995 »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My own Liv doll! sort of...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
LIV dolls are great though! :D It's not stupid to bond with them. Their lovely eyes are great. :D

Did you know you can apparently change the eyes out? It's a process, but you can do it. P:

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Why would it be stupid to bond with a Liv doll? :/ A decent number of us here have Liv dolls, and I myself have twenty Livs. And many many people here collect playline dolls of various types.

Liv dolls are absolutely amazing, even more so now that they've been discontinued so their prices have dropped significantly in most places. You can change their eyes, wigs, and bodies. They have really amazing posing capabilities and more joints than I've ever seen on a playline doll. They're a poor man's BJD. There's nothing wrong with them, they're great.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »
She looks good! I like her pink hair! And the teddy bear shot is adorable! :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »
LIV dolls are great though! :D It's not stupid to bond with them. Their lovely eyes are great. :D

Did you know you can apparently change the eyes out? It's a process, but you can do it. P:

Never said it was stupid ^^;  But it kinda feels weird to own a doll to bond with for the first time...   You can? :0  Any tutorials?

Post Merge: November 01, 2012, 02:03:15 PM

Why would it be stupid to bond with a Liv doll? A decent number of us here have Liv dolls, and I myself have twenty Livs. And many many people here collect playline dolls of various types.

Liv dolls are absolutely amazing, even more so now that they've been discontinued so their prices have dropped significantly in most places. You can change their eyes, wigs, and bodies. They have really amazing posing capabilities and more joints than I've ever seen on a playline doll. They're a poor man's BJD. There's nothing wrong with them, they're great.

I don't think it's stupid to own one. I just never been into Liv Dolls all that much until  I thought they were exactly like BJ dolls!   They've been discontinued? Aw man ;-;..I love Liv eyes! They look so real :). I might check out the Liv thread, thanks in advance!    Better than no BJD at all in my case ^^..Glad I'm not alone on the topic.

Post Merge: November 01, 2012, 02:04:13 PM

She looks good! I like her pink hair! And the teddy bear shot is adorable! :)

Thank you~ She is my first doll character :heart:  She has a brunette streak in her hair, it's just hard to see  :P.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:04:13 PM by SailorSonazaki1995 »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

Never said it was stupid ^^;  But it kinda feels weird to own a doll to bond with for the first time...   You can? :0  Any tutorials?

Post Merge: November 01, 2012, 02:03:15 PM

Why would it be stupid to bond with a Liv doll? A decent number of us here have Liv dolls, and I myself have twenty Livs. And many many people here collect playline dolls of various types.

I don't think it's stupid to own one. I just never been into Liv Dolls all that much until  I thought they were exactly like BJ dolls!   They've been discontinued? Aw man ;-;..I love Liv eyes! They look so real :). I might check out the Liv thread, thanks in advance!    Better than no BJD at all in my case ^^..Glad I'm not alone on the topic.

Haha, well go to said LIV thread. I think they have more details than I know. I just find dolls with the eye/skin colors I need and rewig them. P:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »

You did say it was stupid to bond with Livs, but you edited it out so whatever.

Yes, they've been discontinued. It really really sucks but it also means they've massively on sale. I've heard of people finding brand new dolls in stores for $5 or less, and the normally $5 accessory packs are $1 at TRU. Amazon and TRU seem to have really good deals a lot of the time, but I can't say I've really looked.

And the Liv thread has an eye swapping tutorial linked in the first post.

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »

You did say it was stupid to bond with Livs, but you edited it out so whatever.

Yes, they've been discontinued. It really really sucks but it also means they've massively on sale. I've heard of people finding brand new dolls in stores for $5 or less, and the normally $5 accessory packs are $1 at TRU. Amazon and TRU seem to have really good deals a lot of the time, but I can't say I've really looked.

And the Liv thread has an eye swapping tutorial linked in the first post.

I said I think it"sounded stupid" as in other people might've though it was stupid to make a BJD out of a Liv doll..But I now know other people do the same..But enough of that....My apologies if I sounded a bit rude... I feel bad  :redface:..

Oh thanks!

Post Merge: November 01, 2012, 04:59:00 PM

Here's the second one! *the one with the blonde hair*  She's a WIP! Sailor Sonazaki, everyone! (She has my screename of course :D)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:59:00 PM by SailorSonazaki1995 »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »
You literally cannot make a BJD out of a Liv unless you put a Liv head on a BJD body. I don't get what you're trying to say at all.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
I think she means the same experience you get with a BJD? Like, the feeling of customization and personalization?
Rather than them being BJD themselves. Right? I dunno. Heh.

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
I think she means the same experience you get with a BJD? Like, the feeling of customization and personalization?
Rather than them being BJD themselves. Right? I dunno. Heh.

That's what I meant... :redface:  The same experience..^^;   Since I can't afford a real brand of a BJD doll. Liv Dolls give me the same experience..

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
Congrats on your thrift store finds:)  I'd kill to find anything doll related at my thrift stores.  Send some of that luck this way :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »
Liv dolls are amazing and was a really great line that had SO Much potential and everything, but sadly, they went belly up. >,<;

Eye-swapping IS Possible! Here's my eye swapped Capri.

There are more pictures of her in the Liv thread, so if you're still itching for some Liv photos, you should check it out. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »
Liv dolls are amazing and was a really great line that had SO Much potential and everything, but sadly, they went belly up. >,<;

Eye-swapping IS Possible! Here's my eye swapped Capri.

There are more pictures of her in the Liv thread, so if you're still itching for some Liv photos, you should check it out. :P

LM..She's so pretty!~ I think I should try eye swapping but "No Name" (I'll call her that for now lol). Was one of the first wave dolls, so her head is as hard as a rock...Do I have run her head under hot water to soften it, or would that ruin her. (Stupid question, i know lol. But I'm not a doll buff...Yet )

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
When I did Capri, her blue eyes came from an original release Sophie, who had a rock hard head.

What I did was soak her head in hot water from the stove or water dispenser and made her head super soft, then pop off her head, then popped out her eyes while her head was super soft, then popped them back in to the other head while that head was super soft from the hot water.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal