collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 10 Customs in 30 Days - Challenge has begun!  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Customs in 30 Days - Challenge has begun!
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 06:53:29 PM »
Argh- I'm sitting hear staring at 7 ponies that only need hair but my order still hasn't arrived  :yikes: I've also got three more finished but I really want some good sunlight for the photos~ so likely not till tomorrow. Also I can't find tinsel local  :huh: I've never had an issue finding nice gold and silver tinsel at holiday time before now but none of the local shops have any! Has anyone else seen any holiday tinsel around? I really need gold, silver and if I get really lucky pink....

I'm going to go prep some more bait and keep my fingers crossed that the hair order doesn't take to much longer.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »
You know, come to think of it, I *haven't* seen any tinsel this year...  I haven't exactly been looking for it, but when it's there, I usually grab some for pony hair.  Hope your hair order comes in soon!  When did you place it?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
Sanada, have you tried the tinsel 'thread' from Joanns? It comes in a bajillion colors and it behaves better than the cheap Christmas tinsel. It's not thread, but the thin strips of mylar. I think it's the Sulky brand thread. What shade of pink are you looking for?

Offline Sanadaookami

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »
Sanada, have you tried the tinsel 'thread' from Joanns? It comes in a bajillion colors and it behaves better than the cheap Christmas tinsel. It's not thread, but the thin strips of mylar. I think it's the Sulky brand thread. What shade of pink are you looking for?

I've never seen that stuff stocked in my local Jo-Anns and I can't just go look as my local one is like an hour and a half away :/ and I'm looking for some hot pink tinsel~ I found some on ebay that's not to expensive- I might just go with that.

I ordered my hair about 3 weeks ago but I know it can take a long time to arrive- and I ordered it from the UK suppler as Dollyhair didn't have one of the colors I really needed in stock~ I know where it is- US customs has had it for the last 2 weeks :/ I hate when they hold my packages forever.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
Retrodolls has some tinsel that I adore for its subtlety as well as its sparkle. It comes in different colors too.

Also, Katika next time you get a dot on your yellow FBR, try a fresh xacto blade. Just lightly scrape over the paint once it has dried and usually it scrapes it off cleanly. Just keep a very light hand. No need to cover up then :)

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »
Wee one more done. Actually it was just a re-hair, but hey it counts! I'm gonna go airbrush in a bit maybe. Hmm...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sanadaookami

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
OMG I was just prepping a G3 bait and it broke my forceps! Thats some tough glue! Now I have to walk down to the drug store and get new ones :/

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
Oh it figures. I am finally getting going on a bunch of customs and I dislocated my shoulder. I guess its one more challenge, but I just may not make this deadline! I have to loose 5 days in a sling. Its bad enough I took it off so I could at least finish Eeyore really quick. Of all the rotten luch :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
Ellis - how ironic!  I tore a muscle in my right shoulder last night!  This month has NOT been going as planned for me, lol! 

Either way, I'm going to do what I can to keep moving forward!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
This is CRAZY! Everyone needs to roll themselves up in bubble wrap. ;)

EDIT: I finished pony #4! I can't show him yet though. But I can tell you since he isn't a secret. It's a g4 version of Ice Crystal for the G1 Brothers and Mountain Boys to G4 challenge. :D

Hoping to finish one and almost finish another one today :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:49:13 AM by Salli »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 07:59:57 AM »
Okay, so there is no way I am going to finish 10 ponies in my 30 days. Maybe if it hadn't been during a major holiday month. Also the flu season. I am going to keep trying this over the next 2 months and see if I can do it. I bet I get a bunch done in January.

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »
Salli, that's exactly where I'm at.  I have six of the ten completed, one head completely done (including hair, but haven't even started sculpting the body), and several heads painted but waiting on hair.  I also had one unexpected 4.5 day trip out of town, plus the normal 3 days around Thanksgiving, which cost me a week, and to top it all off, I've been working on a 50k novel that has to be done by the 30th.  The way I look at it, though, even if I don't get all 10, I did get 6, and that's not really something to sneer at, right?

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Sanada, I'm amazed you've been able to find that kind of tinsel at all. It was taken off the market in my area back about 5 years ago, 'cause children and pets kept eating it and having to go to the emergency room. O_o

I have one custom almost completely done, and make two commission ponies at the convention that I plan to count for this challenge. They weren't on my specific list, but they can count, right? ;p I'm waiting on my sister to email me photos of the one; should have the phot for the second shortly. :)

M<eanwhile, I have the one G4 almost completely done, I just need to finish the rehair of her. I'm still waiting on a reply back from Dollyhair about my shorted order, too. *sigh*
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
Well, my situation *might* have changed.  Might being the big part of that statement.  My novel is now just about 4k shy of completion (meaning there's no way I shouldn't be able to finish it), and since my husband hates me not meeting my goals he has "commissioned" a couple of easy "strip, symbol, seal and hair" ponies from me.  Again, not ones on my list when I started, either, but I should hopefully be able to get them done in time now!  Two of them should have their painting done in an hour or so each, the third might take me a little longer because the symbol is actually pretty detailed (but this one is his birthday gift for Dec 1, so I HAVE to get it done!).  That will leave me with one more pony to finish, and since I have two more "beloved horse" ponies commissioned of me from a friend, I might aim for those, since they take no sculpting.  (I LOVE making sculpted ponies, but they take me FOREVER because I always feel like I'm not getting them right, have to tear everything off and start over half a dozen times.  Ugh.)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 05:44:58 AM »
I'm a bit behind of my goal, but hopefully I will be able to finish the last four ponies in time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal