collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Received the wrong item- eBay  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Received the wrong item- eBay
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:25 AM »
Just wanted to see what others think or maybe have some good advice.

I BIN'ed a MIB G4 pony on Ebay. Got it this week- wrong one. I bought original Pinkie Pie but received the one with the suitcase (which I just as easily could have bought in stores here... awesome). I let the seller know and they suggested I return it after which they will evaluate if the item is 'faulty' and if they will refund my postage and send me another one or refund me altogether.

Well, that's great, but Dutch mail (as many of you know) is insane and returning it would cost more than the pony&postage cost me... bit ridiculous if you ask me, it would mean the seller has a loss too if he has to reimburse me for shipping and ship the correct one to me...

So.... I want to suggest that I keep this one, and that he sends me the correct one which I will pay for while he pays shipping. What do you think? Reasonable suggestion?
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: Received the wrong item- eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
That's really obnoxious.  If you ship back to him, you're out the return shipping.  I like your suggestion, provided the seller goes for it.

If the seller doesn't go for your suggestion, I have an original release Pinkie Pie (no logo on pet). I'm asking $8 for it MIB.

Hopefully your seller will just send you the right thing!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »
Ouch. We can't afford mistakes in Holland, right?! I would indeed not sent it back at your own costs because as you said, that's rediculous expensive.

Personally, i'd just return it and want the seller to cover the costs. Sorry, but after all, they're the one making a mistake... and you don't have the pony you want.
Your suggestion also sounds véry reasanoble to me. Let's face it; that would be much better for them then covering the return thing... good luck!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »
Sellers are not required to refund return shipping, that part is up to the buyer. However, the seller was clearly in the wrong, and good sellers will refund return shipping. This probably wont be the case. Ask the seller if they will refund return shipping before sending it back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nienna

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
Thanks for your input guys! Eskara, if it does not work out I'll contact you for Pinkie because I've bought from you before and know I'll get the right thing LOL!

ClosetAvalanche, I really do not think I should be out money for a mistake the seller made... but I am afraid he will decide not to refund me and I will be out of close to 20 euro altogether and nothing to show for it. So.... yeah I'm reluctant to ship back without having any certainty about whether or not I'll be refunded. Especially as the seller has stated they do not refund registered shipping, so I would have no proof, or if I did send registered for my own sake I'd be out even more money  :whoa:

I send them my proposal, I hope they go for it.
She is

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
Thanks for your input guys! Eskara, if it does not work out I'll contact you for Pinkie because I've bought from you before and know I'll get the right thing LOL!

ClosetAvalanche, I really do not think I should be out money for a mistake the seller made... but I am afraid he will decide not to refund me and I will be out of close to 20 euro altogether and nothing to show for it. So.... yeah I'm reluctant to ship back without having any certainty about whether or not I'll be refunded. Especially as the seller has stated they do not refund registered shipping, so I would have no proof, or if I did send registered for my own sake I'd be out even more money  :whoa:

I send them my proposal, I hope they go for it.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm in agreement you shouldn't be out the money, but this is Ebay's rules, to which you agreed to when signing up. The seller isn't obligated to refund return shipping, nor send you a free item and let you keep the other, either. I know it sucks, but that's just how it is. It might just be best to right it off. You can always leave negative feedback, if the seller is uncooperative, but make sure you try to work it out with them first.

Good luck :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
Especially as the seller has stated they do not refund registered shipping, so I would have no proof, or if I did send registered for my own sake I'd be out even more money  :whoa:

If they clearly state that - it's (for example) in case you're 'just not happy with item'.
But don't pay up for someone else's mistake.

just to clearify: I wouldn't litterally just sent it back. Offcourse i would get in contact w/ seller before that. Still, i'd expect them to make up their own mistake.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:54:05 PM by hokuspokus »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
How frustrating! :(    I think that your suggestion is very reasonable, and probably for the best if the seller goes for it  :hug:  ... I guess it will depend a lot on if they actually have the original version or if they just have the newer ones and didnt realise that there are different releases of the same pony.
Since the mistake was not yours, it would not be fair if you had to lose money on sending the item back, but unfortunately if the seller will not work with you, and if you opened an "item not as described" case on ebay, they would make you return it with tracking for a full refund ,so you would still lose out on money as it would cost you more to return it than what you would get back  :yikes: 
We'll have to wait and see how the seller responds to your suggestion first - I hope that they are willing to work things out with you

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Nienna

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:26:06 AM »
Thanks again for your replies!

ClosetAvalance, I understood what you meant but I've always thought that was in case I was not happy with it- which I'm not, but you know, that's because it's the wrong item :P Perhaps I've understood that wrong. And I don't mean he has to send me a free new item, I want to pay for it! As long as he pays shipping.

Ringlets thank you :)

Well, I'm just going to wait to see what the seller says to my proposal. I've made up my mind I will not send it back since the only way for me to be secure is registered shipping and that will mean I am out of money and since the original amount was so small it's just not worth it. How the seller replies will also determine what feedback I'll leave.

Post Merge: November 01, 2012, 03:56:27 AM

UPDATE:

Wow, this is even better than what I thought- they are dispatching a new one to me at no cost and told me to keep this one too. Super nice and if the right one does arrive of course I'll leave glowing feedback because that is wonderful. I believe the seller is actually a business with more than one person working there and the first person who responded didn't read my first message correctly :P
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:56:27 AM by Nienna »
She is

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »
Wow, they are sending you a brand new one?!  That is excellent customer service!  I love reading happy endings, it reminds me that there are still good people in the world.

So pleased to hear there is a happy outcome for you:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »
Nienna that's wonderful news!   :biggrin:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »
good to hear :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »
Oh how fun, now you have two ponies for the price of one :-)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:18 PM »
Yay!  Glad to hear you got a good outcome=)  Now I hope they send you the correct pony;)

Offline Nienna

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
Well, today I received the replacement package and... I got the same one AGAIN. Aaargh! I mean it's nice they sent me another one... but now I have two of the wrong ones and still not the one I ordered. WTH.
She is

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal