collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal Claim Question  (Read 498 times)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Paypal Claim Question
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »
I've been having the worst luck with buying these past few months. Arena folk are wonderful, but I branched out to some new forums for different items and I sorely wish that the same selling/buying etiquette applied everywhere...

In any case, most of my problems have been sorted out save for one that I am rather torn over. I bought an item from a seller that I have dealt with before. My first purchase with her went wonderfully and everything shipped super quick. My second, on the other hand, has not been so pleasant. I bought from her at the end of September and still have not received my items. I sent her multiple messages on the forum and to her different email addresses in order to see what was going on once we reached the point where it was taking far too long to ship to Canada. All of these were ignored until today, exactly a month after I sent funds through Paypal. She apologized profusely for taking so long and said that she had been dealing with some personal issues. She promised to refund the shipping charge on my order, and that she had sent things out yesterday.

My problem is that my Paypal claim day is rapidly approaching, and it is entirely possible that my package may not get here in the time left being that I predict shipping is going to be a bit delayed with the recent frankenstorm. She was supposed to send a photo of the customs numbers (package is not being tracked), but it was not attached. Should I open a claim if the package doesn't get here before 45 days or does this make me a jerk of a buyer?

Thanks for the advice :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal Claim Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
I would simply send her a message and let her know your intentions of opening a case.  She should understand that you have to cover yourself.  Just explain that it has nothing to do with her but your 45 day deadline is fast approaching and that you do not want to be out your funds and items.  I would also ask for a picture of the receipt and inquire about your refund on shipping that she promised.   

I am sorry you are having to go through this.  And although it is understandable that things arise, it is better to be safe than sorry in the end.  ;) 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
And remember, just because you open a claim doesn't mean you have to escalate it right away. You can open it on day 44 just as a precaution and then have it open while you are still awaiting the arrival of your item.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
Thanks Em.  I forgot to mention that part  :blush:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
.. I would open on day 44, like emery said, wait for my items a little before escalating.

I know sometimes mail can arrive painfully slowly to Canada, so if you end up with your item *after* paypal refunds then  simply pay the seller again. :) 

Don't feel badly about it. It's not your fault you've waited so long for things to be sent in the first place, and if I were the buyer I certainly wouldn't allow my PayPal claim time to elapse waiting even longer for items shipped so late.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
Did she say when she actually shipped the box?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal