collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Future of ANTM After Cycle 2  (Read 4143 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of ANTM After Cycle 2
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
I vote for little challenges that take place in the forum. Just to get people out and taking pictures. :D
Love this idea!

There are several reasons why I like the idea of this:

1. Maximum participation. Virtually anyone will be able to play along.
2. There is no long term commitment. You can participate in one challenge, miss the next one, and participate again in the one after that.
3. You can use any doll you like for each challenge, which opens up a world of possibilities.
4. We needn't worry about rules when it comes to wigs, etc. As long as you make the deadline, you can participate!
5. Competition, while fun, can be stressful on the contestants, and can sometimes cause contentions. With no eliminations, we needn't worry about that.

P.S. I think it would be fun to post all the photos anonymously. Meaning that all the photos would be posted in one post with no member names attached to them. We could then reveal who each photo belongs to after the public poll is complete. Thoughts?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
There are several reasons why I like the idea of this:

1. Maximum participation. Virtually anyone will be able to play along.
2. There is no long term commitment. You can participate in one challenge, miss the next one, and participate again in the one after that.
3. You can use any doll you like for each challenge, which opens up a world of possibilities.
4. We needn't worry about rules when it comes to wigs, etc. As long as you make the deadline, you can participate!
5. Competition, while fun, can be stressful on the contestants, and can sometimes cause contentions. With no eliminations, we needn't worry about that.
Yes.

P.S. I think it would be fun to post all the photos anonymously. Meaning that all the photos would be posted in one post with no member names attached to them. We could then reveal who each photo belongs to after the public poll is complete. Thoughts?
It's a neat idea, but I think for some it would be too obvious who the photographer is, either because their style is unique or because the doll used is.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
I love this idea, and the idea of it being anonymous. I think it would force some people out of their comfort zone if they wanted to stay anonymous, mix up their style some :) 

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
I've hosted these types of challenges before on RequiemArt's Pullip board. Basically what would happen is, a challenge post is made where everyone can submit their pictures, then they're all gathered up for a vote/discuss post. Winners would get to decide the next theme. I also have a similar thing ongoing at the Night Class but um, we're not exactly bustling over there.

Actually most pullip forums have a similar ongoing weekly theme challenge.  Or they did. IDK been out of the Pullip loop for awhile. Dolling (pixel) forums also have the same type of challenges. I don't see it not going well for us even if a Cycle 3 happens, it wouldn't stop people from participating in challenges. Signatures could be made of the winning picture. That's how one forum I was part of used to do. I actually think is PullipStyle's forum.

Also, I agree that the anonymous posting may not be plausible, especially if any past ANTM contestants were used for a challenge and I personally would probably tend to use my CaMs and pretty much everyone here has seen them spammed enough to know they're mine by now XD Especially Neri.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:48:11 PM by Ravie »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
I would love to do small photo challenges. Maybe something like A Doll A Week?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »
Small challenges could be something I could get into. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »
I would love to do small photo challenges. Maybe something like A Doll A Week?

Yes! Like that. :D

And anon would be okay, but wouldn't elminate all the bias for exactly what Puku said. I could pick out a few of these guy's photos real quick, and say if I were to use Rhonda, we'd know exactly who it was! :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 08:32:35 PM »
Aww, thanks, guys!

Don't be disappointed though. If another cycle is approved, I'm sure *somebody* would be in a position to host! And if not, I'd be happy to create little challenges for all members to participate in. How awesome would it be if we got twenty entries a challenge? Or thirty? Or forty?!

We need photo challenges that we can all take part in!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »
I like the idea of individual challenges as well. Are we thinking similar to the doll a week challenge, but with accompanying voting?

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
I to would try and get in on the small challenges... I was unale to participate in ANTM because I was not sure if I would have time to do the whole thing...

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
I like the idea of individual challenges as well. Are we thinking similar to the doll a week challenge, but with accompanying voting?

Heck, I'd be alright with even something like teh ADAW thing. Just something to do and submit. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 04:25:14 AM »
I like the mini challenges as well. It'd be a nice way to get more people involved. I still hope to see a cycle three someday. Though I think spacing the cycles out might generate more interest. If you keep doing them back to back I think it would get stale after a while. And thanks for all that you've done, tuney! Both of the cycles have been a blast to watch.

And has there been any word on Next Top Doll? I know Icecrystalline couldn't run it, but that was the last I heard...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 06:25:11 AM »

Something like that, I suppose.

As for the time limit, I wouldn't want it to be too taxing or demanding. I was thinking maybe one challenge every two weeks. That would be something like seven days to submit your best shot, five days for voting/discussion, and then two extra days for the member with the highest amount of votes to decide on the next challenge and post it in a timely manner.

Since so many members will be participating, it makes sense to allow everyone to vote for as many different contestants as they like. Or we could come up with some type of limit such as choosing your top five, etc. Otherwise it would be quite dreadful if there were 25 entries and you could only vote for one!

As far as anonymity goes, I still would prefer to post photos without a name attached. I think only a small minority of members entering could have their identity revealed by a single shot, and that's really not too earth-shattering. Overall, the focus should be on the photo/model and not who is snapping the photos. Besides, I think no names offers a bit of mystique, even if some members ARE able to guess who you are! hehe
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:33:46 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »

Something like that, I suppose.

As for the time limit, I wouldn't want it to be too taxing or demanding. I was thinking maybe one challenge every two weeks. That would be something like seven days to submit your best shot, five days for voting/discussion, and then two extra days for the member with the highest amount of votes to decide on the next challenge and post it in a timely manner.

Since so many members will be participating, it makes sense to allow everyone to vote for as many different contestants as they like. Or we could come up with some type of limit such as choosing your top five, etc. Otherwise it would be quite dreadful if there were 25 entries and you could only vote for one!

As far as anonymity goes, I still would prefer to post photos without a name attached. I think only a small minority of members entering could have their identity revealed by a single shot, and that's really not too earth-shattering. Overall, the focus should be on the photo/model and not who is snapping the photos. Besides, I think no names offers a bit of mystique, even if some members ARE able to guess who you are! hehe

I think all of this sounds good. Maybe pick your 5 favorite, gives people a lot of options. Everything else sounds good! I still like the anonymity idea as well, and agree that for most people competing it wouldn't be that obvious whose photo belong to who.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »
While I can appreciate the sentiment behind anonymous photo entries, I personally am not so keen on the idea of posting my MH photos on the internet without a watermark.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal