collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo anyone?  (Read 7406 times)

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
I'm lagging, but the first leg is the hardest part for me. :P  It takes time to convince the editor to help less!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
I'm actually really pleased! I hadn't written more than about a paragraph in 2 years before this, and I'm sat here with almost four pages! I didn't realise how much of a good feeling that is! :cheer:

It IS the best feeling, isn't it? I wish I could remember that beforehand. It would make sitting down to do it in the first place much easier.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »
This is my second year of writing a novel but I started a day late. I hope I can catch up!

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
I :heart: NaNo!
I went to a NaNo Meet today. It was awesome. There were about 15 people sitting cramped in a diner, all writing like mad but also chatting and laughing. I edged near and they immerdiately found me a seat asked tons of questions and then let me write. And I had a wonderful time, met new people and got 2400 words done there.
Not bad for the start. And when I got home I sat down again and got it over 4000. THAT feels awesome. (And also because I has to start one day late).

It's 3a.m. and I need to sleep now though. Have fun writing! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Good job on the progress, everyone!

I'm currently at 4116, hoping to get some more done before bed, since I like to conclude "scenes" before I take lengthy breaks.  Today's been super exciting for me for two reasons.  First, I think my fear of tackling this year without an outline is officially gone, because my characters are taking me quite clearly through things so far.  Secondly, (this one needs some deeper explaining) the novels that I have been writing over the past few years are all part of what I've loosely been calling "The Afflicted Saga."  The first six were mostly about a FMC that encountered my MMC, they are involved in a sort of holy war, she dies and he has to go find her soul.  During this holy war, there is a good deity and an evil deity.  The past two years (three, if you include this one) I've been telling the MMC's back story.  The majority of the divine powers in my world are sealed in people that used to be mortals, and one of my (so I thought) minor characters just whispered to me that SHE is actually the one that goes on to be the evil deity from the earlier books.  It's not just a convenient plot device, either.  It actually makes sense!  Super stoked.  Things like this are what makes NaNoWriMo so wonderful :)

Offline puuush

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 05:09:32 AM »
Katika, that sounds great. I love it when the spark of ideas struck! I got it this morning when I woke up and said, weaving magic permanently into objects? Boring. Make it life force and see what happens. MUAHAHA!
Now I let the idea sit in my head another two hours while I do pony customs and then I try to melt my keyboard with fast typing.

:cheer:
Great to hear you all are doing great.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »
I :heart: NaNo!
I went to a NaNo Meet today. It was awesome. There were about 15 people sitting cramped in a diner, all writing like mad but also chatting and laughing. I edged near and they immerdiately found me a seat asked tons of questions and then let me write. And I had a wonderful time, met new people and got 2400 words done there.
Not bad for the start. And when I got home I sat down again and got it over 4000. THAT feels awesome. (And also because I has to start one day late).

It's 3a.m. and I need to sleep now though. Have fun writing! :lovey:

Aww that amazing! How nice of them! I have fallen behind a tad as I didn't have much time to write yesterday, today isn't likely to be much better but I have a clear window of Sunday afternoon that should give me enough time to catch up.

Just have to steer clear of distractions!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 05:24:08 AM »
I started my novel hehe

(finshing is a whole other story)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »
*looks at page*

*cries*

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »
I got it this morning when I woke up and said, weaving magic permanently into objects? Boring. Make it life force and see what happens. MUAHAHA!

That sounds FASCINATING! I wanna know how that turns out!

*looks at page*

*cries*

Aw, it'll be ok. You can do this! Start with "I have no idea where to start, this blank page is freaking me out because . . . etc . . ." and see what happens. Sometimes getting ANYTHING down can release the good stuff.

Now I'm off to drink more coffee and try to catch up  . . . toodles!

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »
You guys have words counts i'm still writing character notes and sketching out my plot

Offline puuush

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »
I got it this morning when I woke up and said, weaving magic permanently into objects? Boring. Make it life force and see what happens. MUAHAHA!
That sounds FASCINATING! I wanna know how that turns out!
Thanks, LAA. I'm also excited and I have no idea how it will influence my story yet. But I have the slight anticipation that it might solve a big plot-problem AND will give me some bada..-action scenes too. Woohoo! Can't wait to get into the real action scenes.

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
*looks at page*

*cries*

Whenever I get stuck or can't start, I immediately tell myself "A streaker just ran past."  Whether or not the streaker ends up even being mentioned in the story, it always either gets my characters uncomfortable enough to start doing *anything* or turns into its own adventure that could be edited out in December, should it not actually pertain to the story.  It does, however, get the words start flowing.  Don't have any characters yet?  Maybe your character *is* the streaker? ;)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 01:38:32 PM »
Katika, thanks heaps for those great tips. I'm well on my way to starting now thanks to those very tips!

Unfortunately, I fear I'm rushing into the main story too quickly. But I can always come back once I've hit the 50k I suppose!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »
Very, very welcome!  Don't worry about skipping or rushing things right now - that's what December's for ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal