collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who do you feel should win Top Customizer?

Saja
11 (14.7%)
Ambar_Jul
53 (70.7%)
Gotbunny
11 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: October 29, 2012, 04:09:37 PM

Author Topic: TOP CUSTOMIZER FINAL ROUND- VOTING NOW- FOUR DAYS ONLY!!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
TOP CUSTOMIZER FINAL ROUND- VOTING NOW- FOUR DAYS ONLY!!
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
We made it to the last round!! Whew! Here's a reminder of their assignment and prizes. Thank-you to all the participants in this contest and good luck to our remaining three! :)

It's time to glam things up a bit! Glitz and glamour are the key- make your girl the star of the contest!! Please include a short paragraph telling us about your custom and why you feel that you should be the winner of this competition. Each of you will get to present your pony and I will be showing pictures of all your previous entries as well :)

A reminder for you, here are the prizes- WINNER RECEIVES- 4 hanks of Retro Dolls US hair of their choosing. A feature on Retro Dolls US website and facebook page, and a custom pony of winner's design/wishes. Runner up receives 2 hanks of Retro Dolls US hair and mention on RDUS website/facebook page. 3rd place gets 1 hank of RDUS hair and a mention on RDUS website/facebook page.

Good Luck!

Saja:
For this final round, I decided to stick with pushing my boundaries and trying something ive not done, so Saphire was created, she is a Mammoth, and she is a star. She is all glammed up to go out, she has false eyelashes, her tiara and some star bangles on her tusks and tail. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this competition, I have learnt alot, and improved some skills, and Im rapt to be in the final 3. Competing against 2 of my very favourite artists is such an honour. Thankyou for having this competition.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ambar_Jul
Audrey my Fair Pony,. what could be more glamorous than the old hollywood divas??? so here we have Audrey Hepburn in her ascot dress :), a reposed and rehaired star catcher with a sculpted dress and removable hat. This girl took a lot of work, especially on the detail of the dress. i hope you like her

Is not much what i can say about my customs, this girl is one of my favorites and she should win because is pretty, but also my competitors ones. This has been a long road for the three of us, and every one grew to discover new facets of work and dare to challenge, so we are already winners  :P. Please vote for your favorite custom, the one that should be the top customizer. And if you vote for me, i will love you eternally lol thanks for the support

Gotbunny
:
Painted lady a dance hall girl spends her nights  brighten the evenings of the many lonely men of the western towns with her shiny personality, bubbley laugh, singing and high step. But let her pretty looks fool you, she has a bite like a rattler if you cross her.
I wanted to do something different and so I picked a Saloon girl from the old west.  They were know as the painted ladies for they were girls that wore flashy outfits, dyed hair and lots of bling.
This girl has a lot of detail and I could not get enough photos.  Cameras just don;t catch the glitter, gems and perilzed paint.
Corseted in a black corset that has pink ruffles with white flowers accented in pink gemstones. Her corset goes into a butterfly train that has little bees with glitter/ rhinestones and pearlized paint edging the hem. 2 strings of beads and pink ruffles with gems transistion the corset to train.  Her black panties and lace pattered stockings are hand painted, sorry no closeup. The shoes are sculpted out of apoxie sculpt accented with a white flower. She has handmade beaded earrings, chocker, bracelet and a biutterfly in her hair. Her hair is a streaked pattern of DH goldylocks, and RDUS Lucretia with RDUS tinsel, put up in a twisted bun to pony tail on her head, her tail is twisted up into a bun held in place with pink rhinestones.

As to why I should be picked, I rather not boast of my accomplishments nor down trod others. I would rather take this time to thank those who have taken the time to put this fun contest on as it has pushed me to try new things and strength my skills. To those who have commented, supported and bought my customs, I would not be here if it was not for you! And last to my mother who has encouraged me from a young age to keep trying and supported me on many  adventures. Again Thank you all, it has been a fun ride.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:53:39 PM by enchantress41580 »

Kimmers4Ever

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TOP CUSTOMIZER FINAL ROUND- VOTING NOW- FOUR DAYS ONLY!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
Man! I love all these ponies! You people make it tougher each round! :D  But... my sheer love of the movie, makes me grabby hands at Ambar's pony. Want!

WONDERFUL job all of you! You can see the growth and change as you challenged yourself. No matter who wins, you all did fantastic!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
WOAH!
it's a tough choice! they are all so magnificent!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
Yay finally get to see them! Great work, love both of them!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:11:58 AM »
WOW all 3 of these girls are STUNNING,you all did such a amazing job! I have loved seeing all the ponies that have been made for this comp:)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:06 AM »
Saja, I love you :biggrin: In my book, you're a winner already! What a bold decision to go with the previous round's mammoth idea for this theme! Who could not love a shiny metallic blue mammoth?! And she looks so awesome all glammed up! What I love best about this custom, though, is that you didn't play it safe. In my opinion, this whole competition was not about technical skill but pushing one's boundaries like you said, trying new ideas, materials and methods to create something new and unique, something you don't see every day or that isn't the typical 'you'. To challenge yourself and to be able to work with something (themewise, materialwise, colourwise) you don't necessarily like. Because that's what shows real skill. :)

That being said, all of you have challenged yourselves in this competition and created some customs to remember, some of your best work, I'd say!

Jul, I'm totally in love with your Audrey! She's fabulous from head to hoof and I love every detail. Glamorous in a sophisticated and elegant way!

Gotbunny, your Painted Lady will surely turn some heads! I really love the saloon girl idea and the sculptwork is beautifully done, the train is simply gorgeous!

Well done, and a big hug to all of you! :hug:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:36 AM »
your all stars in my book but Ambar_Jul you have just made my jaw drop, would love to know if she is up for sale x x

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 05:29:00 AM »
Holy Pony!  Way to go everyone!  Fabulous ponies!  Saja, your mammoth is so cute!  The saloon girl is awesome, the details are amazing, but I as well am stunned by the incredible My Fair Pony!  Way to go Ambar_Jul!

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
I CAN'T DECIDE!!! :yikes:

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 08:19:51 AM »

Saja: love that Mammoth, she is so pretty!!! must have to cost a lot of effort sculpting the strands of hair , you did  it perfect. And also in every custom you made in this contest!!! your perseverance and originality inspired more than one  of us.
Gotbunny: you are so talented dear!! your sculpt is fantastic i love how you used the colors in every pony, so creative!!! you always push and outdid yourself

thanks a lot for your support every one ;) for gave us a vote, a feedback and your time in all the rounds.  this challenge was fantastic, and funny and a complete way to discover!!! And it´s almost over!!
so we will greatly appreciate your participation and voting for anyone of us

owww by the way LLL Audrey is for sale ;)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
I knew that pony was Audrey the second I saw her, she's sheer perfection!

I can't see gotbunny's custom here at work becuse DA images are blocked, but I'm eager to take a peek when I get home!

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
I am sorry to have to vote for only one of you :hug:
You guys are amazing customizers!
Audrey is a dream  :inlove:

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
I'd like to say that every single member in this competition is a winner in my book- you all worked hard and had some amazing ideas- the purpose wasn't really to find out who is the best, because you all are, but to push yourselves and maybe learn new tricks and also to show others that there are lots of things you can try- even if you aren't comfortable with something new, you might just be surprised at what you come up with ;)

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
ooooh, ambar_jul do you have more pictures of her, could you put them on DA so I can see all her details, I love her dress so much :)

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
ooooh, ambar_jul do you have more pictures of her, could you put them on DA so I can see all her details, I love her dress so much :)
thanks dear, the pics are in my photobucket ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal