collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP destined to get bigger and bigger this next year!  (Read 853 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
MLP destined to get bigger and bigger this next year!
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
Article on MLP licensing-  http://www.licensing.biz/news/10146/Over-100-My-Little-Pony-lines-to-gallop-into-retail-this-year
Apparently 100 new MLP products were launched in 2012.  While I am not particularly excited abut MLP apparel/accessories/home decor/food and beverage- NON-pony stuff-

Check out this quote!

On top of this, major retailers including Toys R Us, Argos and Selfridges have signed up to create dedicated My Little Pony themed in-store destinations, as well as pop-up boutiques.

All right!  A MLP in-store destination!  That means that these retailers will be ordering lots of new toys from Hasbro- prompting them to come up with new stuff :D

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MLP destined to get bigger and bigger this next year!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »
*fluttersquee*

Bronley

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »
Came here to link that.

I'm guessing a "pop-up boutique" would be a small mall store/stand?

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
I don't know if I like this. On one hand, it's nice if this prompts more pony merchandise. On the other hand, it's going to be harder to actually get your hands on items when everyone and their mom is hunting them down, ya know?
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
We're screwed.

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Please no D:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
Note that it says europeon licensees and mentions europeon stores. Europe already seems to have a MUCH bigger merchandise market for FiM, so it looks like a continuation of that.

keikokukien

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
 :biggrin: And just when I decided I needed an MLP toothbrush holder for the bathroom...(No, no, I'm really serious, no sarcasm!) I can't wait to see what they come out with in the Spring~ :3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »
What I wonder is, how long will it take for Hasbro to move onto G5 already... 

I believe "in-store destinations" just means that Hasbro will be sending out shelf sitters and endcap displays and other things so you know you're in the pony aisle... I don't think we'll get more products, the stores will just have cardboard cutouts and such to make the products more obvious to the consumers.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
"In-store destinations" could very well just mean end-caps or cardboard- but what about "pop up boutiques?"   Maybe a little square in the middle of the floor?

It does sound like this will mostly impact the U.K. since both Argos and Seldfridges are U.K. stores- I don't think our Target will have a MLP "pop up boutique" since it is so very small and crowded as it is- we don't even have a dollar spot :P

I don't think that this will make getting stuff harder, rather, I think that stores will order more stuff.  Translation- maybe I will finally get my FS Applejack.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
In comparison to G3 at its height and even G1, 100 licensees is about right. Its not truly spectacular yet in numbers when you consider each of the hundred is one product line and covers everything from plush to magazines to stationary to clothing. 

The article is for UK releases. Argos dont have shop floor space as they are a catalogue high street retailer and they are perhaps already the one store which carries the most variety of MLP in the UK. In a store like this it will mean end caps or small shelf displays. The Selfridges information is because last month they launched a new toy department - they even had the Rainbow Dash foil from Enterplay available to those attending the launch event and they had a Hasbro MLP pop up boutique on site for part of the day. The most interesting element is for TRU as so far in the UK TRU have been very very disappointing with their MLP stock - limited products on shelves and nothing ever available online. I would guess its going to be a store like this where we see the same kind of promotional end caps as were in some TRUs in the US.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
Agree with hathorcat, 100 licencees is not that crazy.  But I too am glad to see MLP merchandise.  The crazier the better!

I am all for in-store displays too, as long as they are not "brony" oriented.   I mean, sure, have adult-sized clothes and such here and there, but I hope The Powers That Be don't start ignoring little girls, because that would defeat the whole purpose of the show.

Maybe this will combat the shrinkage of MLP shelf space, which I noticed starting during the Core 7 days.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
I'm actually happy for this. While I'm not going to be buying pony merch left and right, it's becoming more popular like Angry Birds, Dora the Explorer, and Sponge Bob, which have so many licenses it's crazy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal