collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Books on Christmas List?  (Read 395 times)

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Books on Christmas List?
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:44:33 AM »
Hi,

I am currently writing my Christmas wish list and I am thinking of asking my hubby to buy me the G1 & G3 Summer Hayes inventories. 

I am based in the UK and can find these on Amazon.  Are these really good books to have or do you have any other recomendations?

I am quite new to collecting and currently collect G1's and then we have lots of G3's and G4's for play purposes.

Many Thanks.xx

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony Books on Christmas List?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »
I own the Summer Hayes G3 inventory and I think its great! Shows everything out of its packet so you know what accessories came with each pony

My sister owns the G1 Summer Hayes book and that too is good, some of the price guides for them are not up to date and I do not think it shows the Uk and European G1's. However its a great basic reference book....if you can make it to the meet I can show you both books and you can decide for yourself  :) although im not sure if thats too close to Xmas for you x

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
I own the Summer Hayes G3 inventory and I think its great! Shows everything out of its packet so you know what accessories came with each pony

My sister owns the G1 Summer Hayes book and that too is good, some of the price guides for them are not up to date and I do not think it shows the Uk and European G1's. However its a great basic reference book....if you can make it to the meet I can show you both books and you can decide for yourself  :) although im not sure if thats too close to Xmas for you x

Many thanks, that sounds great. I am hoping to make it to the meet so that is very kind of you. Xxx

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
I have been looking at them to :) I wish the G3 ones were together and not seperate :(

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
No problem :)

Avene1984 I know what you mean, I haven't got the second addition as I haven't got many G3.5's or later G3's, if it was cheap enough I maybe tempted just to coo over the pictures!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »
  That is so funny, I just got these books this weekend for a present! I was grateful, but somewhat unsure of them, since it's information I can get for free - and more updated - online. But I actually like them! They'll make nice coffee table books for someday when I own my  own coffee table.  :lol:
  The pictures are very nice, but the books are pretty much price guides, and that's it.  I was hoping they'd have more history, or some of the interesting tidbits about the history of My Little Pony. I guess what I'm saying is they're great to look at, but I don't think they're especially useful as price guides any more.
  They're also good for if you have non-pony friends or family coming to visit who are curious (or just want to pretend they are!) and want to look at pictures, but don't need entire lessons on MLP.  I've caught my Mom reading these already!
I'll put something here some time

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »
The first one is a price guide, but the two G3 books don't list prices.  I think Summer is working on a book now that has the very last G3's, the G3.5's, and some of the first G4s. 

I especially love the G1 book.  My sister bought it for me as a birthday present while I was recovering from a broken leg two years ago, and I haven't really put it down since!

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
I have Summer Hayes' books on my Amazon wish list.  I too was wondering if these books were worth getting.  I know all of the information is available for free online but there is something nice about having a book to reference as well. 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 02:17:51 PM »
I think lots of collectors have them and they are certainly popular :) Have you tried the preview book link on Amazon so you can see a few pages inside them and decide for yourself if its something you wish to add to your collection?

Personally I think they are beautiful as collectors books where you can have in printed form a glossy image of the G1 US ponies although for me I tend to stick to websites and my own research for information and pricing.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal