collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Walmart no longer accepting vouchers as of last week. What…?  (Read 427 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Walmart no longer accepting vouchers as of last week. What…?
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »
I just went to Walmart with a voucher from my broken Howleen and Clawdeen to buy SS Lagoona and a Clawdeen fashion pack and was greeted with the unpleasant new Walmart policy effective as of last week. They're no longer able to accept any coupons for over 2 dollars, no exceptions and this DOES include manufacturer vouchers and coupons of any type, also includes buy one get one free coupons if the item is over $2. She told me to go to TRU or Target which for me is ridiculously hard to get to lately. The cashier said she hopes consumers complain about it but I don't even know where to start! I'm just letting you guys know in case you end up in the same scenario… Has anyone else had this problem?? :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart no longer accepting vouchers as of last week. What…?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »
I haven't had coupons or the like to use recently but if that's true that is just... a string of not nice words I have at Walmart. Wouldn't be surprised if it was because of coupon fraud, I know for a fact that for years there was a Hasbro coupon for $5 that people were screwing with.. originally it was for Transformers Animated toys, but the code for the coupon actually worked with ANY Hasbro toy, so a certain imageboard started editing it to say "$5 off ANY toy" and started editing the expired date.... so things like that probably kinda made them hit the last straw and all that...

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
The reason they are doing this is because of the holidays. They get an unusual amount of fake coupons around this time. People trying to scam companies is sad but it happens.

I'm sorry that this happen though.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
The more I hear, the more I think Walmart is the evil headquarters of satan

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
on the walmart website, there is a [feedback] link at the bottom of the page ... use the ever loving crap out that thing myself lol most people don't know it's there ... complain ...

so sorry Chi :( and that is a stupid move on walmart's part ... BUT there is a lot of fraudulent activity with phony coupons going around ... i know i've seen several of th phony coupons floating around here at times ... TRU has awful issues with bogus coupons being used ... and people don't seem to care ... and just think that "it's okay, they're got insurance to cover this kind of thing, so let's stick it to em ..." ... and that's part of why prices are so high and going higher ... 1 person a day with a $5 coupon ... times 500 stores ... times 362 days (number of days my store was open lol) is $905,000 dollars ... and there were a LOT of days where we'd see SEVERAL fraudulent coupons ... for amounts much higher than $5 bucks ... it's kind of easy to see where stores and companies want to try and limit the risks they take with such things ... :(

AND GOOD HEAVENS AM I IN NO WAY SAYING YOURS ISN'T REAL! *huge hugs* i'm just trying to provide a little insite on why such a stupid move might be made by a company, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE don't EVER think i am ever thinking that lol you KNOW i know better lol but will willingly take some fakies to the face for it lmao
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
I think the cashier gave you some BS or just doesn't know the stores actual coupon policy. Walmart should take the coupon even if it is $20. A $20 coupon will alert a CSM to come over to verify it and perhaps do an override but they should take it.

Print out this page... http://corporate.walmart.com/coupon-policy and take it with you when you use your coupon at Walmart. This is the current policy for all Walmarts and it says nothing about $2 coupons. I am an avid couponer and if they changed the policy I would know about it. ;)

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
The more I hear, the more I think Walmart is the evil headquarters of satan

It is

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 01:18:03 AM »
when i worked there i remember they would have little posters showing fake coupons and one time there was one about fake coupons for a free PS3 or a free XBOX 360.. how could anyone actually believe a coupon like that seriously?  they had a lot of weird scam alert things like that though.. like these people who were returning dead trees (because trees/plant stuff has or had a longer return window or something) and doing some kind of scam with the dead trees or maybe they were shrubs-> well some sort of vegetation. i cant remember the exact details but it seemed like a strange thing to do

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
Oops, wrong thread. Sorry!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
I think the cashier gave you some BS or just doesn't know the stores actual coupon policy. Walmart should take the coupon even if it is $20. A $20 coupon will alert a CSM to come over to verify it and perhaps do an override but they should take it.

Print out this page... http://corporate.walmart.com/coupon-policy and take it with you when you use your coupon at Walmart. This is the current policy for all Walmarts and it says nothing about $2 coupons. I am an avid couponer and if they changed the policy I would know about it. ;)
I'll give printing that out a shot, but it was a customer service manager who confirmed what the cashier had told me, who was also a part of customer service and not just a cashier. :cry: I should call other walmarts and ask if they've taken on this new policy.

I'm just saddened that if this is because of fake coupons as stated it ruins it for those of us who spend time clipping coupons in order to be able to buy groceries for our families at a nicer price, especially if it medicine and such. The highest priced coupons I cut are usually for medications (I also see a lot for baby products and children's medications but that's not needed here.. Poor parents who cut those coupons and went to my Walmart...) so I guess I'm glad I bought my Allegra last week with that $4 coupon... :c
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:54:51 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal