collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping a large coloring book?  (Read 387 times)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
Shipping a large coloring book?
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »
Before I list these coloring books on ebay, I want to ask what I should ship them in and what the cost would be, thanks =)
This is what they look like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-G4-GIANT-COLORING-BOOK-Hub-FiM-Friendship-is-Magic-:muffin: Pony-Luna-/280997541596?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item416cc236dc (I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to link to this, if not, my apologies!  :redface:

I had trouble underestimating the cost of shipping before and I really don't want a repeat of that, I felt so horrible that I had to cancel :(

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping a large coloring book?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:43 AM »
I don't think your ebay link is working.  :(

Do you happen to know the dimentions?  I know for just a regular sized coloring book, not Jumbo I have bubble wrapped them and sent them in a padded envelope with no issues.  :)  And it cost roughly (if I am remembering correctly) around $2.00-$2.50.

Post Merge: October 20, 2012, 05:15:58 AM

Also if you have a kitchen scale or postal scale you can weight it and go to USP's website and calculate shipping there.  It's usually pretty accurate.

http://postcalc.usps.com/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:15:58 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
Cherry - I don't see any photos of anything so I don't know the size, but a good way to ship some items like that is in a large envelope in between two pieces are cardboard. You would have to get a large heavy duty one though. However, it would probably be lighter than shipping it in a box.

I haven't seen the actual items but I use this method with many items that are flat and that don't need much protection.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »
Cherry - if you're going to sell on eBay you really need to get a scale so that you can charge correct shipping costs on your auctions. You don't want to charge too little and then be loosing money and you don't want to charge too much and have people pass your listings by.

If you can't get a scale then package the coloring book and take it to the post office for the weight. It looks like it's one of those cheap jumbo ones from Walmart so it's oversized so if you do get a scale and use the online shipping tools be sure to put in the measurements in case that has a bearing on cost.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal