collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whole MLP collection for sale, interested in UK meet?????  (Read 4324 times)

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
Whole MLP collection for sale, interested in UK meet?????
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »
Hey ponies.

Sadly I am getting made redundant at the end of this month :(, I am getting married next march and my hubby to be is currently on sick pay due to a massive operation.

I have the unfortunate task of selling my entire collection to try and raise funds :(. I have a room full of ponies (including a boxed laveder castle). My sister Pangel is also struggling financially at the moment and needs to downsize her HUGE G1 collection.

We have too much to catagorize and we were considering having a Pony Meet at her house and have both collections on display for purchase

We would have MLP cake, cookies and drinks for all who attend and you could purchse some missing gems from yoir collection

This is a very hard decision however we are regretfully forced into it by hard financial times :(

We are based in South Yorkshire and would arrange this for one weekend in November so we can get everything organised

I myself have over 300 ponies to sell, my sister has 100+ duplicates and would consider selling some of her prized rare G1s , which are in immaculate condition (E.g Brazilian Twist with backcard, Flutter ponies with wings, Mail Orders...etc) and many hard to find accessories

She may even part with her BOXED PE if someone has the right price

Would anyone be interested in attending?? If we get a big enough respone then we will definetly go ahead and PM people the time and address

We also have other 80's collections to sell such as Rainbow Brite, Care Bears and Keypers which have lived happily with our ponies for years now

This is a hard decision, however we are both getting married soon and would like our treasures to go to the right people

Please comment on here if you would be interested so we can get an idea of numbers x x

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
Re: Whole MLP collection for sale, interested in UK meet?????
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:01:12 AM »
I can confirm that this is true :(

With Christmas around the corner, two weddings next year, and plans to start our own families, our wallets are feeling the pinch. But instead of feeling sad about it, we want to make a celebration!

I will talk it over with hubby-to-be tonight about selling ponies from my personal collection - I have worked very hard to achieve what I have, and if I can help it, I wouldn't want to sell...

BUT! Even if I decide not to part with them, there will be 100's of ponies available for grabs at reasonable prices!

I don't collect G3s, so this will be the majority of what I have to offer for sale, as well as unwanted/duplicate G1s for grabs. And I have so many accessories it's untrue O_O

So let us know if you think this would be a great idea, as we want to keep our treasures within the collecting community :D

Thanks for your time!
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:31:12 AM »
Depending on which weekend it is, I would like to attend. Sorry you guys are having a hard time :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »
I'd love to, but November is not a good month for me, funds-wise :( I won't have money until December, and then it's quite far to travel from Cardiff. Best of luck to both of you though!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:33:47 AM »
So sorry you're having to part with your beloved ponies :hug:

I am based in South Yorkshire too so I would like to attend if I don't already have something on on the date you choose :)

xx

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »
I will be across for the last weekend in November anyway (I hope) and I'd love to attend. It's sad that you have to sell them, but I hope that people can help make it a party for you rather than a wake.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
Sorry you're going through rough financial times.  :(

But it's good to have your weddings to look forward to (and if anything it's the best reason to need to part with your ponies).

If you did have a meet, I would be interested in attending, as I'm based in S.Yorks too.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »
I'm located in Scotland, but depending on when you have the meet, we might be down south visiting friends.  Sorry you have to part with the bulk of your collection, girls, but congrats on the dual weddings!!  I've been married almost 13 years (yikes!), so I'm a big fan of marriage. :D Ponies are cool, but husbands are AWESOME.  ^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »
Woo, thanks for the positive response guys! Looks like it may be something do-able after all, which I'm sure will make my sister very happy! ^_^ Who knew weddings were so expensive?! XD

Ponies have been a part of our lives for 20+ years; a hobby we have both loved and cherished. But getting married is something very important to both of us, and to have our dream days would be fabulous as we only intend on doing it once! :D (our weddings are only 3 months apart, crazy!)

Plan 1 is to win the lottery :D, plan 2 is to sell sell sell!
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:35 AM »
I'm totally in the US so I couldn't go! But I hope things go smoothly for you and I hope your financial situation settles!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »
I would certainly come and buy ponies if I could, but I live in the USA.  I hope that lots of people show up.  I am especially interested in your castle..too bad I can't just drive over and grab it...blaaaaa  The good stuff is always out of reach.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
I wish I can go too :( but I live so far away .. have to go through so many oceans to attend.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
I would be very tempted. I guess it would depend on the day but it is very far for me to come and I don't really have the funds at the moment.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about your financial issues, but, i'm in sheffield, i'd totally be up for coming over ^_^ I can do pretty much any weekend. Plus it'd be awesome to come over and talk to other pony fans ^_^

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:46 AM »
Archeeerr! It's not like we've not seen each other since ages, right? Or whenever Amecon was.... Whoops.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal