collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter right now.. *UPDATE PAGE 3*  (Read 3610 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter right now..
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »
I almost cried when Dumbledore died.. It was so heartbreaking!

I remember that directly after seeing Order of the Phoenix in theaters, I went to the book store and bought Half Blood Prince and read it in like a day.

The day that Deathly Hallows came out, I begged my mom to take me and buy the book. We looked EVERYWHERE. The book store in the mall, target, walmart, meijers and even Kroger and CVS. Finally, we went to K-mart at like ten minutes to closing time and they had it! I was SO excited!

It took me two or three days to read it and that was ALL I did besides sleep, go to the bathroom, eat lol

And then.. after it was over I was just like "Oh......."  -_-

It wasn't fair! I got really mad that it was actually over.. and was depressed for days. Just like when Fablehaven ended :(

So regetting into it, regardless of it being over, I'm really happy to love it again. Lord of the Rings used to be my favorite fantasy series but Harry Potter is so my main focus at the moment lol. I've already went merch crazy.  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:25 PM »
I love Harry Potter!  I didn't start reading the books until 2007 when I found the first one on sale for only one dollar at the college  bookstore, but I quickly got obsessed.  I read through the whole series in about 4 months and then I had to wait for Deathly Hallows to be released so I could finish.  Then I read the little books, like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Tales of Beedle the Bard.  The only one I have left to read is Quidditch Through the Ages.  I don't have any of the figures or anything like that yet, but I want some.   

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
My first custom pony was...

{I LOVE Lucius :D (Jason Issacs is my favorite actor)}
My most recent custom was...

I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan. Actually, I would use the term 'unhealthy obsession'. ;) My DeviantArt has a whole magic crafts section, I wore my Ravenclaw Quidditch robes to the opening night of the Deathly Hallows part 2, and while we waited in line people asked me to draw Dark Marks on their forearms XD . I have been a Ravenclaw from the start and almost had an anxiety attack when Pottermore was sorting me. (Yep, it was Ravenclaw!) My bestie surprised me this summer with tickets to see Harry and the Potters and The Potter Puppet Pals perform live (AWESOME SHOW BTW ;) )

Aside from my ponies I don't really have any figurines. I DO collect HP games like Scene It and Uno and Clue (I LOVE HP Clue).

I started a fanfic before book 7 came out (it was pretty long) and was mostly all about making a case for Sirius Black (my fave character in the books) to not be dead XD. Still mad about that.  >_< Lol.

I'm too embarrassed to admit my favorite pairing. :P

Now I want to know who it is!.... is it Snape and Hermione?

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »
I loved it! The books were the best. I remember waiting in line at midnight for the last book, my coworker had just gotten the golden snitch tattooed on her back and so when she moved her shoulders it was *flying* and looked gorgeous!

I did see the movies and was not as in love with the last too --compared to the books I guess? not sure!~

I also went to the Harry Potter World in florida last summer and it was AWESOME. I got some neat pictures and had a friend who, generously, helped him and I (and dear dad <3) around the park since he worked there.

I have some keychains, had a board game at one point I'm not sure I used...definitely have a scarf.  :nerdy:

I also have the first book all in latin for funsies! It'd prolly take me a while to read it now....haven't brushed up on my latin!

I bawled when Dumbledore, Hedwig and Snape all died.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »
My first custom pony was...

{I LOVE Lucius :D (Jason Issacs is my favorite actor)}
My most recent custom was...

I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan. Actually, I would use the term 'unhealthy obsession'. ;) My DeviantArt has a whole magic crafts section, I wore my Ravenclaw Quidditch robes to the opening night of the Deathly Hallows part 2, and while we waited in line people asked me to draw Dark Marks on their forearms XD . I have been a Ravenclaw from the start and almost had an anxiety attack when Pottermore was sorting me. (Yep, it was Ravenclaw!) My bestie surprised me this summer with tickets to see Harry and the Potters and The Potter Puppet Pals perform live (AWESOME SHOW BTW ;) )

Aside from my ponies I don't really have any figurines. I DO collect HP games like Scene It and Uno and Clue (I LOVE HP Clue).

I started a fanfic before book 7 came out (it was pretty long) and was mostly all about making a case for Sirius Black (my fave character in the books) to not be dead XD. Still mad about that.  >_< Lol.

I'm drooling over that Snape custom!!!!!!!

I'd love to have a Hermione custom pony! As well as a Harry and a Ron. And... Oliver Wood! I so crushed on him as a kid <3

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:26 PM »
I am a massive fan.  I don't have a massive collection of things.  I do own all the books, including the extra mini ones.  I don't love the movies, it wasn't until the last two that I really enjoyed them, the rest I just tolerated. 

As far as what I do own though, I have a hand bag shaped like the sorting hat, a mobile of Harry playing Quiddich, a few wands and chirstmas ornaments shaped like wands, A hedwig purse, and I bought a costume of Hedwig for my son to wear to a Harry Potter book launch breakfast that is just fricken adorable.  I also have a Slytherin House tie and Scarf. 

At the beginning of this year there was an exhibition in Sydney (Australia) of props from the movies.  I went on a road trip to that with a friend.  It was amazing.  I'd love to go to the museum in England one day. 

I would love to buy the replica of Lucius Malfoy's wand and cane that Nobel Collection sell one day.  Maybe next year for my birthday or something.  Also I would love to own a Marauders map.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »
Harry Potter has such a huge fan base.  I'm sure those toys you won will be very collectable one day, karrie91 :frolic:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
So I spent the majority of last night watching fan made music videos for Harry Potter on youtube...

They have some good ones on there! Especially Hermione/Ron.

Sadly, I never got all giddy about Harry/Ginny. Maybe I will if I re-read the books or finished watching the movies. I'm stalking ebay for cheap DVD's!

My sister and I had special movie time yesterday and watched Prisoner of Azkaban. We even popped popcorn!  :biggrin:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
Thanks, karrie! I love HP customs, I also have a Hagrid that needs finishing XD I can't wait to apply his beard.

I also did this Snape http://sallicostumer.deviantart.com/gallery/36144337?offset=0#/d4yd6zi

And Draco http://sallicostumer.deviantart.com/gallery/36144337?offset=24#/d4alpc8 (who needs a decent photoshoot)

I went to the exhibit too and WOW so worth the crazy price!!! I LOOOVED it. That stuff was amazing. I loved seeing the costumes the actors wore and had a hard time not petting Lucius's robes XD I did manage to sneak some illegal video with my camera, lol.  :lookround:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
Thanks, karrie! I love HP customs, I also have a Hagrid that needs finishing XD I can't wait to apply his beard.

I also did this Snape http://sallicostumer.deviantart.com/gallery/36144337?offset=0#/d4yd6zi

And Draco http://sallicostumer.deviantart.com/gallery/36144337?offset=24#/d4alpc8 (who needs a decent photoshoot)

I went to the exhibit too and WOW so worth the crazy price!!! I LOOOVED it. That stuff was amazing. I loved seeing the costumes the actors wore and had a hard time not petting Lucius's robes XD I did manage to sneak some illegal video with my camera, lol.  :lookround:

I so would love to go there! I'd never be able to afford it lol. If you ever do customs for money and have an open spot sometime and I can actually afford it, I wouldn't mind getting one from you  :P Yours just looks so amazing! Love that second snape as well! Now I want to go the Harry Potter Exhibit! Thanks! LOL

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 05:30:47 PM »

Slash is actually m/m.....it's Harry and Snape. XD My total and utter guilty pleasure.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »

Slash is actually m/m.....it's Harry and Snape. XD My total and utter guilty pleasure.

But.. but.. but Harry/Draco is good too!  :P

That's what I loved about Harry Potter.. so many pairings you could come up with!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
I read a pretty good Lucius/Harry one too. VERY well-written.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
See, that's why I can't read a lot of FF because it's written so sloppily. But find me a good one that's written well, and I'll read anything! LOL

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
I am watching Rowling on Charlie Rose right now. It's a fascinating interview. Those books are amazing. And to think, they thought boys wouldn't read them!  Idiots.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal