collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So thinking about rehairing some of my MH dolls... (looking for pics too)  (Read 284 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Don't freak out yet...they aren't super hard to find, nor are they sigs or anything like that.  Ok, no one panicked?  Sweet!  Means everyone gets a cookie!  *passes them out*

Ok here is the deal.  I have an extra Lagoona SS, and I am considering rehairing her with a pink and purple mix, maybe a touch of mint green in there, repainting her eyes to a softer lavender, and adding some color to her fins and webbing.  Hair colors I was thinking maybe  Amethyst, Hyacinth, Pussycat, and Unlucky Clover.  What do y'all think? 

Next up is a SS Abbey.  I don't like the tinsel in her hair, and the way it feels kinda bugs me.  Plus, she is super sparkly (part of why I grabbed her) and I just think that she would look better with another hair color.  I was thinking Black Magic with some Starlight mixed in, but I am open to suggestions.  And I was considering repainting her eyes as well...

Then I have a second DT Ghoulia that I managed to nab on here in perfect condition.  Well...almost perfect.  One of her arms is a bit messed up, but I don't mind too much.  Just have no clue how to fix it (it's partially out of the elbow joint and won't go back in all the way.  I'm wondering if it was a CAM arm that was attached accidentally.  Anywho, looking for some suggestions on new hair for her, and I don't know what I want exactly...  I was thinking of a mix of Tigerlilly, Nectarine, and Marmalade for one Ghoulia (I have a head that needs rehairing...and a body..but that is another story.)  and doing Pomme D'Amour and Firebird for the other.  I really want something similar to these two, but just enough different to not be copying exactly. 

Link

And last but not least is a tricky one.  I have quite a few Clawdeens, and I love them all, but I am just not sure if I want to keep the 1600 the way she is or rehair her.  I love her in white, and want to do her in white, but I had to remove her hair, and I'm worried that i will regret it once I do it.  Thing is, I can get another one later if I miss the long purple and brown hair...opinions?  Or does someone have a spare they want to sell/trade me?  xD  doesn't have to have clothes or anythign with her, just her and her head, no limbs missing, lol. 

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I just wanted to say, I love that Ghoulia with the Pumpkin colored hair:)

I'm not much help with anything else:(  I've always wanted a blonde 1600 Clawdeen.  Someone mentioned it forever-ago and I STILL can't stop thinking about it :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I say go for it! Ghoulia looks AMAZING with orange hair...

Eventually, I want to do this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ghoulia's Warhol by Cate_Dartfinger, on Flickr

Even though that will require me to find 6 of the same Ghoulia's to rehair and re paint...  :shocked:

I want to do the same thing with my doubles. I've got Scooter Ghoulia and a DT that I want rehair one or the other, but I'm waffling on who to do. I love them both!!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
not mine but here's a blond big sister clawdeen - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59582287@N06/7959271616/

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'll take her! :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
I am thinking about rehairing a Clawdeen too, not sure what I want to do though. She looks awesome in blonde! I have such a hard time picturing new color schemes on dolls.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Wow, those Ghoulias in orange and red hair look amazing. PLEASE GET THAT DONE!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal