collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tips on cleaning colouring changing G3?  (Read 304 times)

Offline Greylady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Tips on cleaning colouring changing G3?
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »
My Grandmother recently bought a secondhand colour changing Star Catcher styling G3, much to my joy. She's overall in pretty great condition except for a pen mark on her display side cheek. I'm wondering if anyone might be at all familiar with the dos and don'ts of cleaning colour changing ponies to prevent any damage being done to them. I've cleaned and restored plenty of ponies, but I've never faced one with this feature before.
Would anyone happen to know if magic erasers would be too rough on this type of plastic? Would I be best just sticking to a mild soap, even if I can't remove the ink on her face? She has a few other thin, brown lines too, one on the underside of her hoof and one on the top surface of each wing. I'm willing to try things out on the underside of the hoof if anyone has any ideas they think may work. For science!  :nerdy:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on cleaning colouring changing G3?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:05:02 PM »
The colour changing coating is quite thick in some places and really thin in others which makes it a nuisance as even though in some parts it will be able to cope with a magic eraser there are some parts which it will simply buff the coating off so I suggest you dont use any kind of acetone and try and not use a magic eraser.

If you dont want to damage the surface or risk locking it in a certain direction your best bet is baby wipes or a damp [tepid temperature not warm or cold] cloth [with some mild soap] to try and remove the issues.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Greylady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
Ah, I didn't think to try baby wipes. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it'll at least fade the ink somewhat.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »
Ink on the color changing pony is a tough one! I don't know if sunfading would damage the coating at all?
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »
My one is stuck on 'pink' anyway so I can't tell if she has any pen marks! I don't rate Magic Erasers much,  plain soap and a soft toothbrush lifts off surface dirt so long as you don't scrub too hard on any glittery bits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal