collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay *shakes fist*  (Read 644 times)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
ebay *shakes fist*
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:20:38 PM »
Evil bay is at it again... this is more of a rant then anything but any advice would be much appreciated.

So once again I've been burned on ebay :/ I sold some keepers accessories on there- printed shipping and got tracking. The tracking says it was delivered and now the buyer is saying it didn't arrive- I polity asked them to make sure there Paypal/Ebay address's were right, that it hadn't been left with a family member/given to a neighbor on accident and that I would contact the post directly and give them a refund if none of those options found the package. So this person left me bad feedback- no communication back- no I didn't find it I'd like a refund, just instant bad feedback. Did I do something wrong?

At this point I messaged them again politely- letting them know I assumed from the feedback that the package was not found and had issued them a refund. On Monday I plan to take my info down to the post and see if they can find the missing package- but I've got no idea what to do beyond that. I've been selling on ebay for 2 years and this is my first bad feedback ever- Its also only the second package I've had that wasn't delivered without a hitch...

Ok rant over. sorry guys but I needed to vent it some place so I don't snap at my customer  :(

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: ebay *shakes fist*
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »
Um..... that does not sound good at all. I think this person wants there things for free. If they did not get back to you then that is what is going on. I would not give them a refund and reply to your negative feedback. There are alot of more non paying bidders out there and alot of shady stuff going on. I have been having alot of issues with people on ebay right now.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »
Considering they're being so rude to you and not replying to your message, despite how polite you're being and how you clearly only want to help and are looking out for their best interest as a customer, I'd say don't refund them.

If they had replied to you and been as equally as respectful as you and at least tried to work it out, then you could have given them their money back, but clearly either they're just being selfish idiots or they're trying to get themselves their stuff for free. Also just because they were so rude as to ignore(?) your message and go right to leaving negative feedback (pretty stupid considering it's not YOUR fault that the postal service may have delivered it to the wrong home or that the package may have been lost) is enough to say "well sorry bro you aren't going to get your money back by being a jerk about it."

Clearly they've never heard the term, "You get more flies with honey."

Sorry to hear about your bad experience :C I find eBay to be the buying/selling community equivalent to Youtube- full of idiots and stupid comments that waist your brain cells the longer you read them.
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »
Once someone leaves a neutral or neg, I typically don't try to help them anymore.

If you want, share their name. I'm interested to see what kind of feedback they typically give out.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 03:32:49 AM »
I think Avena's right they wanted something for nothing.  I am only speculating here but I feel buyers are using the feedback system to do just that, get something for nothing. 

It has become oviously harder for scammers to screw sellers around.  I know everyone had there own opinion on how ebay screws sellers but honestly they really have made some great improvements to actually help sellers.  And one being for instance a case like yours. If this guy had tried to open a case he would have had to jump through hoops because the package is showing as delivered.  Had he tried and succeded though ebay would have sided with you because oviously you have done your part and it shows as delivered.  Of course this does not ring true for International but we have had many a topics on that.  Anyways his only recourse was to leave you bad feedback in my thoughts of hopes of a refund. And he succeded.  Like I said I am only speculating here but I have seen it all.

I do not feel you have done anything wrong, except give him his refund.  He bullied you into I feel.  The next time I would call ebay.  They will help you. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »
Sorry to hear this!

Seems like you've got a very unfair buyer. I agree with what's been said above. If the tracking says the package is delivered, it's very unlikely that it's not. It's very easy for buyers to scam as Ebay takes their side 9 out of 10 times.

No faults from your side, but i agree if the buyer left neg feedback before trying to work it out/responding your message, i wouldn't have even tried to help them further. I don't trust any of this.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Thanks guys- I know its fishy. I gave this person a refund in hopes that they would change there negative feedback- the small item I sold is not worth a negative after over 300+ happily completed sales. I am partly disabled and ebay sales make up a good chunk of my income- I can't afford to let my sales slip.

I have contacted the postal service and they are investigating the package. I normally give people benefit of the doubt- the package may have really been lost/stolen. However if the postal service finds this wasn't the case this buyer will find them selves facing theft and mail fraud charges. I have went though this process before with a friend of mine and helped her prove a buyer had stolen from her in the past and am confident that if that's what happened this is about it get very real for this buyer. I don't take theft lightly even if its accomplished over the internet.

also this is there ebay ID- chef2thegodz82

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:20 AM »
Tracking said it was delivered. Your responsibility for the items ended once the tracking said it was delivered, in my opinion. Unless item's condition was in question, of course.

The buyer bullied you into a refund and I would be highly suspect of them at this point because of the lack of communication. Had an item I paid for gone missing under such suspicious circumstances, I'd be parting the Red Sea to find it!

Luckily, the item wasn't very expensive, which is maybe a reason a buyer would be tempted to scam and get it free.

Don't let the fear of one "bad" transaction scare you about your perfect feedback. I typically avoid sellers with less than 95% positive feedback but I also read up on feedbacks as late as six months to determine if to buy from you or not.

USPS has a bad track history with dealing in packages, so unless it's obviously the seller's fault, I don't care as much. Good luck and hopefully you get this resolved.

Post Merge: October 15, 2012, 05:14:13 AM

According to the feedback as recently as mid Sept 2012, seller/buyer has a habit of non response to emails and messages on two sold items to the same buyer.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:14:13 AM by CupeCakeWishes »
Avvie By Watercolors

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal