collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canadian collectors - just a thought  (Read 378 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Canadian collectors - just a thought
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
I was out doing some shopping for a warm winter coat for my boy, and I saw that our local Zellers, which is closing down, has some very interesting markdowns on everything, including new pony stuff (I saw the Gilda-Rainbow Dash-Wonderbolt set, and some other stuff, but I was just going by quickly so I didn't see everything).

But what's especially motivated this post is that this Zellers (and probably all the other ones that are closing down) is liquidating its fixtures - all the display cases, racks, shelves, etc.  I thought that, had I the extra cash, it might have been a good time to pick up some sort of display for my ponies.  I don't (nor do I have the space, to be perfectly frank), but I thought some of you might, so I thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. ^.^  Some of their cases, especially in the jewellery department or high-tech department, might really fit the bill for pony shelvage.  Just a thought, anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian collectors - just a thought
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »
Thats an lovely idea...hopefully some people in the same area as you who may be interested in getting some pony shelves!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TE_Starflower

• Trade Count: (+64)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
hey, great idea!! I also lack the space and am desperately trying NOT to regrow my collection again, but if I were, I'd be heading over there.  As it were, I might go have a look anyways, cause who doesn't need more shelving space?

sales album: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,292573.0.html

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
Yeah, I got myself a Twilight AND shelves for my ponies while I was at Zellers near the beginning of the shutdown.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »
Mine hasn't even started liquidating yet. *sigh*

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
I took your suggestion. My local Zellers just closed today. I was able to grab a nice glass case for my ponies. Glass definitely the way to go. :) I don't have extra space either but I will make a space.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:45:15 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »
Yay!  I'm glad some of you are able to snag some good shelves.  I would if I could, but I can't so I'm happy you can. :lol:

Are they replacing your local Zellers with Target?  They will be here, unbelievably enough, and with a proposed opening date of fall 2013.  Provided the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy thingie was in error... :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
Yay!  I'm glad some of you are able to snag some good shelves.  I would if I could, but I can't so I'm happy you can. :lol:

Are they replacing your local Zellers with Target?  They will be here, unbelievably enough, and with a proposed opening date of fall 2013.  Provided the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy thingie was in error... :rolleyes: :lol:

yeah they are supposed to open a Target in spring 2013. They do state on their page dates are subjected to change ect. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal