collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I screwed up on ebaaaay  (Read 4167 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I screwed up on ebaaaay
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:17:45 PM »
Hey guys.

Wow am I busy on here or what? Sheesh, you must be sick of me, asking questions and not actually providing help to anyone LULZ. :(

Anyway, there was a book I wanted on ebay, I SHOULD have read the terms and conditions properly,I skimmed through the important parts like shipping and the price. There was an option for expeditied shipping and then free international shipping.

So I put in a bid. I got the notification that I won 'HOORAH!' I thought.

And then I just remembered a few minutes ago, that, I did all this and realised. I still have yet to get a shipping notification. Then I go back to read the auction and I hold my breath and I had that gut feeling that, I did something very, very silly.

APPARENTLY in the listing I'm suppose to pm for a shipping quote before bidding. Here is the link for your enjoyment. If you like rolling your eyes and having a giggle at someone's silly mistake. :blush: :drunk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghosts-1984-Hardcover-Time-Life-Series-The-Enchanted-World-/160891755594?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160

So what do I do now? Message them? I simply saw free shipping and a low price, made a bid and hoped that I won. Heck I even paid them as soon as I won and did a little dance about the room before running off to work.

I feel kind of dumb now. This is why I shouldn't bid on things after midnight orz

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: I screwed up on ebaaaay
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
:( Well, as long as they ship it Media Mail, it shouldn't be too bad.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:26:06 PM »
Oh wow, I had that book when younger!  It shouldn't be that bad if you get it first class.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to collect the whole series, I loved reading them over and over, it was not only the content but the illustrations that wrapped/spooked me.

But what should I do? It's been about a week without any kind of message from them, are they waiting for me to email them? Why would they even have that offer on the page, isn't there a way to prevent outsiders from bidding?

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
Wow, that seems to be a great price for the book. I looked at the listing and it does say at the bottom "Outside of US shipping is by the post office (USPS). Please email for shipping costs. Buyer pays any duty, fees and/or custom charges." So I'm guessing the seller is waiting for you to email them.

Also, the listing says that it will ship out between 2 and 11 business days. That means you still have a few more days.

I would just email the seller.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 06:18:10 PM »
wow she put that international shipping bit in pale yellow on a white background :( i don't blame you for having missed it!

Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
:hug:  dont worry - its easy to do something like that - especially if its something you really want.  I would just contact the seller,  explain what happened and apologise for the mistake,  then see what they say. Hopefully it should be easy to work things out with them  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
:hug:  dont worry - its easy to do something like that - especially if its something you really want.  I would just contact the seller,  explain what happened and apologise for the mistake,  then see what they say. Hopefully it should be easy to work things out with them  :)

Should I badge them for free shipping? They had two options, $15 for express or normal postage for free?

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
Well this is a simple mistake to make, but I can't understand why International postage is free...  :huh:  especially when they still charge 4.00 to ship in the US - just seems odd.

Honestly I'd contact them regardless and if you're concerned perhaps ask about the shipping fees, but I would personally say that I bid on the book without reading the terms of 'contact before auction end about shipping costs', apologise for my oversight and ask if they have received the paypal payment and if all is okay with the transaction - then see what they come back with maybe.

Hope this helps and you still end up with your book!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
Well this is a simple mistake to make, but I can't understand why International postage is free...  :huh:  especially when they still charge 4.00 to ship in the US - just seems odd.

Honestly I'd contact them regardless and if you're concerned perhaps ask about the shipping fees, but I would personally say that I bid on the book without reading the terms of 'contact before auction end about shipping costs', apologise for my oversight and ask if they have received the paypal payment and if all is okay with the transaction - then see what they come back with maybe.

Hope this helps and you still end up with your book!

Yeah. I think I will contact them, had some family drama today, I was going to email them but I thought it might be best when I do it with a clearer head. I wish I had checked, I always thought a seller would have put everything in the shipping section so I didn't think twice.

I should of known it was too good to be true.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 03:02:17 AM »

You can't ship media mail to outside of the USA.

Expect to pay about $10. This is just a random guess though as it's hard to tell how large the actual book is. $1.99 free shipping for a book out of country is not going to happen. It was a simple mistake on their part.

I would message them ask them what the cost of shipping is. If you don't like the cost, cancel the transaction. Explain to them that having a "free shipping" option is confusing and unfair and they should REALLY change that. It's possible they clicked a button they didn't mean to click.

But there's no way they are going to ship it to you for free and be out of pocket by quite a few dollars cause they made a simple mistake.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 04:01:16 AM »
I clicked on the listing and I do not see anywhere it says Free Shipping, even for the US???

But if I do look at "some" (not all) of her other listings it shows Free Shipping but then there is the box "Get Rates" for International.  It is not that she clicked anything wrong when she did her description, it is US ebay so when she lists if she offers Free Shipping for the US it oviously is going to show up first.  I did click on another book listing and put Australia in for postage costs and it said $16.95 for Priority International.

I am going to assume since it was also a book you purchased that the same rate is going to apply.  I am not sure if the book is worth that much to you.  But if not I would simply email the seller and apologize and ask if she would be willing to cancel the transaction?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:04 AM »

You can't ship media mail to outside of the USA.

Expect to pay about $10. This is just a random guess though as it's hard to tell how large the actual book is. $1.99 free shipping for a book out of country is not going to happen. It was a simple mistake on their part.

I would message them ask them what the cost of shipping is. If you don't like the cost, cancel the transaction. Explain to them that having a "free shipping" option is confusing and unfair and they should REALLY change that. It's possible they clicked a button they didn't mean to click.

But there's no way they are going to ship it to you for free and be out of pocket by quite a few dollars cause they made a simple mistake.

I clicked on the listing and I do not see anywhere it says Free Shipping, even for the US???

But if I do look at "some" (not all) of her other listings it shows Free Shipping but then there is the box "Get Rates" for International.  It is not that she clicked anything wrong when she did her description, it is US ebay so when she lists if she offers Free Shipping for the US it oviously is going to show up first.  I did click on another book listing and put Australia in for postage costs and it said $16.95 for Priority International.

I am going to assume since it was also a book you purchased that the same rate is going to apply.  I am not sure if the book is worth that much to you.  But if not I would simply email the seller and apologize and ask if she would be willing to cancel the transaction?

I've already paid for it, it had shipping for express- either $15 or free international shipping. And that's what I saw when I bid, and when the notification came in the email I just followed teh link through there and paid. 

I didn't intentionally go into the transaction to try and rip someone off. I always do the searches that are availible to australia and the cheapest shipping. I figured 'Sure, I'll wait for it' but I didn't see their disclaimer until I made this post and thought 'Oh bugger, what've I done?" I honestly thought they'd email me about it. They ahve hundreds of items in their store, maybe it got lost amongst the other orders or something, I'm kind of afraid to email them now after such a stupid blunder.

I've already paid and everything so, this is why I'm kind of afraid to contact them. I don't want a bad review. How should I actually write the email?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:26:37 AM by bagheera86 »

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
Well don't be scared to message them. I checked their other listings and no other listings have this weird free shipping option so it looks like a mistake rather than a bad way to list an item. So they just need to be aware that you were allowed to pay for the free shipping.

Ask if there is a cheaper way than the express mail option given for international.

After that, it's up to you if you think the book is worth the price combined with the shipping cost. In my mind, there were two mistakes made so I see no harm in canceling. They just need to be made aware that this auction you bid on had free shipping as an option. No harm done.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 04:37:52 AM »
Well don't be scared to message them. I checked their other listings and no other listings have this weird free shipping option so it looks like a mistake rather than a bad way to list an item. So they just need to be aware that you were allowed to pay for the free shipping.

Ask if there is a cheaper way than the express mail option given for international.

After that, it's up to you if you think the book is worth the price combined with the shipping cost. In my mind, there were two mistakes made so I see no harm in canceling. They just need to be made aware that this auction you bid on had free shipping as an option. No harm done.

what was the other mistake?  O_o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal