collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about making customs  (Read 257 times)

Offline littletulula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • what am i doing
    • View Profile
    • My Art Portfolio
Question about making customs
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
So I was wondering, how do you guys make customs? What do you use to color on them? Markers, paint? And how do you do/color their hair? What types of ponies do you color over, or are there any blank ponies you color on? And if there are any of those blank ponies you could color on, can you post a link?
By the way, I'm asking this because I'm thinking of making a custom pony but I have never made one and I'd like to know what you guys recommend.
Thank you!~ :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature drawn by me! www.july.gay
Commissions are open! Check my Website for details

jupiternwndrlnd

Re: Question about making customs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:29 PM »
there are lots of tutorials and information in our sticky at the top of the forum http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,283445.0.html

but most customs are done with acrylic paints (markers tend to bleed and seep into the plastic, or smudge, or both)
and most customizers rehair their ponies with nylon, saran or other synthetic hair from a doll hair supplier.
Hasbro's toy shop does sell a "blank" pony, but most people strip a pony (after making sure the pony they want to use is in bad condition, and is not a valuable pony to a collector.)

lisey_baby

Re: Question about making customs
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »
Completely agree with Jupiter, I have a very nasty incident with a sharpie on a recent custom of mine, I won't be taking the lazy route again ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal