collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures  (Read 32205 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
Looks pretty cool. One thing that bothers me is how "static" the figures look - they could've at least posed them or something. :P

Also, one thing I have to ask: do they have Hasbro's endorsement on this?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:21 AM »
Yeah- I have no problem with Hasbro selling the license to fantastic toy manufacturers- these look great and I bet Hasbro is cleaning up profit-wise. 
I think HB just shot themselves in the foot big-time. They have the capacity to make these pony themselves, but they license it out to a company with much less presence in the world (seriously, I've never heard of these Funko guys until just now, and have never seen their toys on the shelves ever).

Profit wise, if HB were to license out full-time to these guys and stop making ponies themselves, i'd say they deserve what's coming to them. Ponies would become hard to find worldwide, and that would be the least of their problems.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
They don't have Hasbro's "endorsement" - they purchased a licensing agreement from Hasbro to sell the product which I am sure was a pretty hefty pricetag, Hasbro would have approved the design and packaging before they could even move forward.

I don't think Hasbro "shot itself in the foot" -  it is expensive to develop new products and have them manufactured- they are sticking to brushables, FS, blindbags, etc-  and allowing a few other manufacturers make products that don't compete (ie Funko making these plastic ponies, Kid Designs making plushies, WeLoveFine making t-shirts, and hundreds more) 

It just seems odd to object to the product because Hasbro itself didn't make it-  Hasbro is certainly making a tidy profit off the sales of these products, and their marketing and licensing people probably know better than we about what is good for the brand image and profits...

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
I agree with Galactica. Hasbro probably wants to focus on their main market, which is children, rather than devoting their resources to making more accurate/detailed and expensive products for adults. So they licensed out the rights (for a fee) to someone else who wishes to capitalize on that market.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:29:05 AM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
Well, whichever rocks their boat I guess. Point is, these Funko guys don't have as good a distribution network as Hasbro does (I don't think Hasbro distributes the toys on their behalf- Hasbro Malaysia's totally clueless when asked about the KidDesigns animated storytellers or the Funrise plushes).

I still thinks it feels weird tho- a pony figure hat's not made by Hasbro...

Still, as long as it stops the whining about how toy accuracy...
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
Funko has been around for a long time, here's some background on the company:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funko

They would never produce something unless they have permission/rights to.....Funko has many, many licensed characters that they produce.....even bigger than MLP.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »
The only thing I don't like is that they are doing this rather than improve the quality on their regular products because they figure kids don't care about scuffs or smudges or dents.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
Still, as long as it stops the whining about how toy accuracy...

Lol yes, this would be great. But you know bronies just start whining about something else. :P

The only thing I don't like is that they are doing this rather than improve the quality on their regular products because they figure kids don't care about scuffs or smudges or dents.

They honestly make pretty good quality stuff. I have seen way, way too many boys action figures already broken in the still-sealed package, hanging on hooks at Toys R Us. And some of us know how bad the faces can sometimes be on Mattel's dolls. I've never seen a pony with no hair, or completely misplaced eyes, or her head rattling around in the package. :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
I dont think anyone is actually objecting to them being made. Speaking for myself, its more a statement of opinion that I find it odd that they would license out something which is so similar to what they make themselves. Yes, there is tons of merch and has been through all generations but we are talking ornaments and plushies not actual vinyl toys [be they "play" or "display" toys]...the only true difference between this and what Hasbro make is the hair after all and when you consider the similarity to the first Hasbro made moulded hair set back in 2010 there isnt much of a difference at all.

I am sure Hasbro have done their sums and it makes commercial sense and if it means they create more actual brushable new characters then I ll be happy happy! I think everyone is entitled to like, dislike them or be a little worried that more attention and effort is currently going into licensing and blind bags than the toy line...or so it feels.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
These look awesome! I really hope that they go through with it because I would LOVE to add molded hair ponies to my collection  ^.^

DerbyGirl

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »
I love Funko stuff...freakin' adorable and reasonable for the quality you get. I highly doubt these would be brushables, Funko only releases molded figures. I know I'll be buying them in a heartbeat when they're released, if they are that is.  :biggrin:

KahRistAhn

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »
Apparently you can get these at Hot Topic now....along with...:muffin: Pony.

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/2012/10/hot-topic-:muffin: Pony-revealed-rainbow-dash.html

Sigh, I'm in the minority I guess, but I REALLY don't care about :muffin: Pony. Can't we get all the mane 6 first? I really want that to happen...these figures look very nice.

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
At least I ordered my RD! Gotta wait til :muffin: Pony is in stock again, deja vu!
I really get sad seeing all the complaints these have all over the internet, some bronies and collectors just wanted to have some larger sized molded hair ponies, and yet they STILL find things to complain about!

Yes, Hasbro's ponies have betetr eyes, but is that really reason to bash these considering some have been whining for these since the start. Sigh, no one is ever just satisfied with an honest attempt.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

allhallowsevepony

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
I reallllllly want that :muffin: Pony! :dribble:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
oh wow! they look so good!!!! I want them both. of course, :muffin: Pony is sold out.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal