collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Upcoming Toys...NOT Exclusive to Particular Stores?  (Read 940 times)

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Upcoming Toys...NOT Exclusive to Particular Stores?
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:43:34 AM »
It feels like a lot of the new toys we are getting wind of are exclusive to one particular store (like all that Crystal Empire stuff), but what are the REST getting? There's the blindbags...anything else?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by Lon-san »

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Re: Upcomming Toys...NOT Exclusive to Stores?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »
There's a Walmart exclusive coming out with the main four and other ponies called "Pinkie Pie & Friends" Collection. I say the only non-exclusives would be the "Mini Collections", some "Fashion Style", animal friends, and all blind bags.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
While the current Crystal Empire stuff is exclusive to Target, the stuff on the way isn't exclusive to any one store. The Crystal Empire motion ponies are listed on BBTS and they never have store exclusives listed.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
there have been no international exclusive for a very long time, sky wishes was the last we got in this corner of the world :(
we are missing out on so many things for all the target,walmart and tru exclusive being released

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
Was it actually confirmed that "Crystal Empire" was exclusive to one store?  I thought it was just Hasbro's theme for the entire year, like "Friendship Ball" or "Butterfly Island."

It seems like a monstrous amount of exclusives for one store, if it's all for Target.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Lon-san

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
There's a Walmart exclusive coming out with the main four and other ponies called "Pinkie Pie & Friends" Collection. I say the only non-exclusives would be the "Mini Collections", some "Fashion Style", animal friends, and all blind bags.
Doesn't seem like a lot. I wonder when we'll hear about the next round of standard brushables. Wait....animal friends? :O

While the current Crystal Empire stuff is exclusive to Target, the stuff on the way isn't exclusive to any one store. The Crystal Empire motion ponies are listed on BBTS and they never have store exclusives listed.
Really? That's kind of confusing that they would have some that is and some that isn't. I had assumed it was just like Canterlot line.

Was it actually confirmed that "Crystal Empire" was exclusive to one store?  I thought it was just Hasbro's theme for the entire year, like "Friendship Ball" or "Butterfly Island."

It seems like a monstrous amount of exclusives for one store, if it's all for Target.
It does seem like a lot but as a Canadian I'm kind of used to there being a bunch of things exclusive to stores we don't have :(

there have been no international exclusive for a very long time, sky wishes was the last we got in this corner of the world :(
we are missing out on so many things for all the target,walmart and tru exclusive being released
Bleh. This is why I think that if they are going to make exclusives they should be exclusive only to that store in the regions that HAVE them. Letting a chain that only exists in NZ sell them isn't going to cut into Target's profits.

Valkohai

Re: Upcoming Toys...NOT Exclusive to Particular Stores?
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »
international exclusives are problematic as not all countries get them!
So far I have not seen a trace of Skywishes in Finland. Also, it is a shop that isn't even advertising at all that sold Starswirl. Even now not many Finnish ponyfans know we had them.
 Same with promo Rainbow Flasha and daisy Dreams that I JUST found (after year of their release)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
It seems like not much is coming out anywhere. Or maybe they are that good at secrets? :lookround:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
The releases are pretty steady at the moment.

There are plenty of store exclusives but likewise there are plenty of ponies which are not - the new Pinkie & white Celestia and Rarity & Luna sets are not exclusive, neither are the next wave of brushables [the tinsel in hair and block eye original 6], the motion ponies with their transparent animals friends are not store specific either and neither are the new story packs. 

Crystal Empire is similar to the wedding line - it has some store exclusives, initially all CE items have indeed been launched in Target but many of the follow up items in the line are going to have a much wider retailer release.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 04:02:37 PM »
I   dislike exclusives,specially from Target and TRU, their quality seems to be lower than a regular Hasbro release :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
I   dislike exclusives,specially from Target and TRU, their quality seems to be lower than a regular Hasbro release :(

All of the MLP line is manufactured out of the same factories in China whether they are store exclusives, international exclusives or main stream releases.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal