collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help on ebay purchase  (Read 6156 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on ebay purchase
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
 Some sellers clean their stuff some do not.   If you want perfect buy it from a store and you will see that not even the items at the store are clean.  I noticed at Target just yesterday that all my HK boxes on the shelf were dirty.  That was the store.  Plus your item was MIB.  No seller can control the clean aspect of an item inside a factory box and as far as the outside goes, this is a G4 box not a G1 MOC...its a current toy and as we have told you more than one time there is an issue with Hasbro factory on their box handling of these and all of us know this and don't hold this against a seller.  Also how do you know that the postal carrier wasn't smoking the entire day in his car and that is why your box was stinky?

Asking the seller questions is the appropriate way to handle an ebay auction.  One day you may be selling yourself and I think you will understand why this is common ebay manners.  It helps the seller and you have the best outcome of your item.

The fact still remains that you were given a 100% refund for this item by your seller and you didn't want it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:25:12 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 07:12:38 PM »
Sorry to see it end like this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:40:34 PM by Oneleo1 »
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »
I viable solution was offered to you, but you chose not to take it. Sellers are not required to give partial refunds, however you chose to attempt to extort it. You really need to familiarize yourself with the way Ebay works. You deserve the neg feedback.

and right back at you , neg feedback posted on yours as well, Dirty is dirty here and everywhere ,you need to disclose any problems with your items ,like everyone else does in ebay , buyers should not be asking you for more pics if you post them in advance,it is basic courtesy to send something clean and smell free when someone is buying from you.

NO! To both of you, NO!

You are not allowed to use the Arena's Feedback system for transactions that happened off site, and especially not abuse it in this manner.

Consider this your first and last warning. Both feedbacks have been removed. This is an Ebay transaction, and is to be dealt with according to Ebay's regulations.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »
Me too!!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
I wasn't the one that brought it here, though.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
Bringing it to Trader Support is exactly what this forum is for. Bringing it into our Feedback system you were equally as guilty for. You have been a member long enough to know better.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
I wasn't the one that brought it here, though.

she is talking about the feedback ,and it was you who did it here first, seems like you have a problem with accountability
rest my case

Post Merge: October 07, 2012, 08:25:36 PM

I viable solution was offered to you, but you chose not to take it. Sellers are not required to give partial refunds, however you chose to attempt to extort it. You really need to familiarize yourself with the way Ebay works. You deserve the neg feedback.

and right back at you , neg feedback posted on yours as well, Dirty is dirty here and everywhere ,you need to disclose any problems with your items ,like everyone else does in ebay , buyers should not be asking you for more pics if you post them in advance,it is basic courtesy to send something clean and smell free when someone is buying from you.

NO! To both of you, NO!

You are not allowed to use the Arena's Feedback system for transactions that happened off site, and especially not abuse it in this manner.

Consider this your first and last warning. Both feedbacks have been removed. This is an Ebay transaction, and is to be dealt with according to Ebay's regulations.

thanks !
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Yes, everything is my fault. :/

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
You only made a mistake Closet, it's not your fault you got stuck with someone who obviously is out to get as much as possible. I actually laughed out loud at the cheek when I read about giving a partial refund so they could get something to display the pony out of box with the others!! My goodness the cheek! If something isn't right I would send it back for a refund, not keep it hanging around because in my experience there will always be another one to replace it at some point and who wants something that annoys them hanging around! If I had to de-box something I wanted to keep boxed I would send it back. I hope this ends soon for you :(

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
I thought sellers had 3 days to respond to buyer messages on eBay, but I just looked, and it has been changed to:

"Making buyers wait for your response
Respond to email and phone calls as quickly as possible (preferably within 24 hours).
Let your buyers know how quickly they can expect a response, and follow through on the expectations you've set."

So personally as a buyer, I would have waited a few days for the seller to respond to my messages. But now according to this, as a seller, I guess is good to get back to them within 24 hours or tell them there will be a delayed response because of sleep/work. So perhaps both could just use this as a learning experience for future transactions?

It seems like this has been frustrating for everyone involved. I feel bad for you all. I know I always get stressed out if there is a problem with an eBay transaction. I try to keep calm and say to myself that my peace of mind is more important than money. It is hard sometimes though.

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
I am sorry Closet that things ended the way they did for you. I have sold to you before on ebay with no rpoblems what so ever. I didnt notice the buyers ebay name in this thread, would you mind telling us? I would like to block them from my auctions. I cannot take anymore problems with ebay.

Houston - If you would like more pictures it is your responsibility as a bider to ask for them. A seller isnt forced to have any pictures at all for their items. If you need a picture, or several you need to request them. I also am with the majority that doesnt think the seller is deserving a negative. If she neevr sent the item, it arrived mis-advertised, she didnt offer you a full refund then I would agree with the buyer.

It is ebays policies not to force partail refunds. It is also there policy to make the buyer pay for return shipping plus tracking. It is not the sellers who come up with these policies, but ebay. She offered you a full refund, minus the cost of return shipping. I think this is a viable option. I understand you want this pony, but it is not one of a kind, there are more for purchase on ebay and in some stores. You unfortuanatly cannot have your cake and eat it too. Its either option 1, ship it back and get all your money beack minus shipping or, option B, keep the pony and do with it what you wish.

I am sorry you both couldnt come to a resolution that makes you both happy. Hopefully the buyer can move on from this and learn ebays policies a little better for future buys.

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 04:22:20 AM »
A seller isnt forced to have any pictures at all for their items.

Actually, I just listed an item yesterday, and it said that I was required to provide at least one picture. So I think this has changed as well.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 07:11:21 AM »
I am sorry Closet that things ended the way they did for you. I have sold to you before on ebay with no rpoblems what so ever. I didnt notice the buyers ebay name in this thread, would you mind telling us? I would like to block them from my auctions. I cannot take anymore problems with ebay.

Houston - If you would like more pictures it is your responsibility as a bider to ask for them. A seller isnt forced to have any pictures at all for their items. If you need a picture, or several you need to request them. I also am with the majority that doesnt think the seller is deserving a negative. If she neevr sent the item, it arrived mis-advertised, she didnt offer you a full refund then I would agree with the buyer.

It is ebays policies not to force partail refunds. It is also there policy to make the buyer pay for return shipping plus tracking. It is not the sellers who come up with these policies, but ebay. She offered you a full refund, minus the cost of return shipping. I think this is a viable option. I understand you want this pony, but it is not one of a kind, there are more for purchase on ebay and in some stores. You unfortuanatly cannot have your cake and eat it too. Its either option 1, ship it back and get all your money beack minus shipping or, option B, keep the pony and do with it what you wish.

I am sorry you both couldnt come to a resolution that makes you both happy. Hopefully the buyer can move on from this and learn ebays policies a little better for future buys.
there are no more new ones of this one ;(! Never seen it on the stores , and this the first one in a package , sorry to disagree ,a return is simply not an option at all. As for me asking for more pics i disagree as well ,most of the items provide and disclose any faults or deffects ,i had a seller give me a partial refund before ,so it can be done that i know !
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »
Are ... Are you being deliberately dense? This isn't a question of if the seller is ABLE to give you a partial refund. She does not want to, and that is her right.

Really.. She offered you a full refund according to Ebays rules.. You only have to ship it back with tracking and insurance in order to prove to ebay that you did send it back, and you are covered.

Stop posting here whining on about how you want your money back AND the pony. If you do business on Ebay, then you are beholden to their rules. Dont like the rules? Don't do business there.

At this point, really, you are just being a troll and egging this on.

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:31 AM »
Golden - Really? I have seen a few mlp listings on ebay with no picture.. I didnt realize that they forced you to have one. Of corse your item will probally sell better with a picture.

Houston - I do disagree with you, I am sorry. This is not the only Fim Styling Applejack in the world.

Here they are..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-FIM-Fashion-Style-Applejack-/160882879349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25755deb75&nma=true&si=qYngDBvkk%2BIvhdhqax0V2wX1xOE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Style-Applejack-my-little-pony-mlp-fim-g4-/160873749815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2574d29d37&nma=true&si=qYngDBvkk%2BIvhdhqax0V2wX1xOE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Fashion-Style-Applejack-Brand-New-Apple-Jack-FIM-MLP-/280959503828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416a7dcdd4&nma=true&si=qYngDBvkk%2BIvhdhqax0V2wX1xOE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Plus four more MIP that I didnt list, plus many more without packaging.

Maybe you have not seen them in the stores near you, but they are in some places. Where do you think the sellers found all of theres??

Ok, a return is not an option for you, but that is your choice. That is your ONLY option. Just becasue a seller gave you a partial refund doesnt mena they all have to. Ebay will not force a partial. Out of curiousity how many sellers have given you refunds?? If you are that picky, you need to ask for more pictures and tell sellers you are super picky and need a very detailed description. You should not bid unless you are 100% satisfied and happy with the item. You dont bid or win an auction then ask for pictures or a more detailed description. No one ever said a partial refund cannot be given. We are all saying ebay cannot force them. I think you need to look at ebays policies and procedures before buying again. You seem to be missing the points of some of there procedures and policies. It is your responsibilty to do so, not the sellers. As a buyer you need to learn to help yourself, and not rely on others. It is your money your spending, and need to be responsible for your purchases.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal