collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nightmare moon set  (Read 887 times)

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
Nightmare moon set
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
i just got my night mare moon set in the post this morning im really shocked at how badly they ae made cant believe the eyes on the DJ very disapointed for the money i spent keeping in mind i paid a fortune for shipping from the US to the UK has anyone else thought the same ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:30:16 AM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: Nightmare moon set
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:59:15 AM »
I'd known about the eyes on DJ PON-3, if you look closely at some of the photos it's pretty visible. What other flaws did you find?  :huh:
:fox:

Offline appletini

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:11:45 AM »
I'd known about the eyes on DJ PON-3, if you look closely at some of the photos it's pretty visible. What other flaws did you find?  :huh:

Same, the eyes were the only thing I had heard of that people have been having issues with.

anna4810

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:54 AM »
mainly the eyes but theres so many indents on the chests of the other ponies and the flower wishes has glue on her side and her hairs stuck to it :/

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »
There's a very lengthy thread about the indents.  I'll try to find it for ya!  :)
The end result is that the indents go away.  yay!

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:23:23 AM »
Yeah, my friend and I went to Toys-R-Us and were all prepared to put down the $45 on the set, (she really wanted Vinyl Scratch, I really wanted Nightmare Moon and the others) but then when we looked closely we put it back and decided to wait until the price went down.

Seeing the molded eyes painted over with the sunglasses was a real disappointment. I wonder if Hasbro will change it eventually. I don't know how sensitive they are to their customer's feedback.

While we're on the subject though, I was disappointing with Zecora. Her arm rings were not only in the wrong place, but they didn't even bother painting them all the way around. And she had no earrings. They forgot the grey blaze on her face and the overall paint job was pretty sloppy. I understand these toys are the product of a mass production line and everything, (trust me, I've been to the factories and I feel very bad for anyone who has to work in a place like that so I don't want to complain too much) but you'd think they'd put their toys out there with a little more care if they market them as collector's items.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:30:09 AM by Gezibing »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Its an on going discussion point to be honest - there are probably 3 or 4 threads floating around on it. Unfortunately in the scheme of things even at $45 its still not too expensive for what it is - you are getting 7 ponies which in this day and age is a lot of content.

The dents can be fixed by themselves - with time - or with boiling water if you want it done now. Glue can be removed with goof off or acetone or superglue remover and the hair looping just needs tweezers and nail clippers. The way the eyes have been done has been known about since the toy fair and since the set started hitting shelves - the same head mould is the cheapest way for HB to produce multiple characters they unfortunately were not going to do a separate mould for a pony included in a box set - too expensive. Is it annoying that we need to fix up our brand new toys? Yes it is but unfortunately not entirely unexpected - G3 had plenty of production problems too.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »
i just got my night mare moon set in the post this morning im really shocked at how badly they ae made cant believe the eyes on the DJ very disapointed for the money i spent keeping in mind i paid a fortune for shipping from the US to the UK has anyone else thought the same ?
.   Yes :( i agree with you and they are not the worst ones some of the ones target makes are the worst i have seen, the set of the  glitterwings and fluttershy was the worst ever ;( fluttershy was so sloppy put together it had very short and very few hair on her mane and tail and the tinsel was just so cheap !!!  , seems like the exclusives are just bad quality either from toysrus or target ;(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

PolkaDot99

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Yea I noticed the eyes right away but it doesn't bother me that much. I paid less then $40 tho I wouldnt pay more

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
There's a very lengthy thread about the indents.  I'll try to find it for ya!  :)
Wait, what? ._.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
Wait, what? ._.

Yep!  Here are a few links:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304793.0.html

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,305475.0.html
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
Wait, what? ._.

Yep!  Here are a few links:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304793.0.html

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,305475.0.html
Oh, I thought they meant eye indents. Man, I'm dumb. :/
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
I'm sure it' been said many times before but it would have been nice if they chose Pinkie Pie's head mold for Vinyl Scratch. At least her eye shape is round, same as VS's glasses - so it would've worked out. :c

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
I couldn't get the set so far though I'm buying the ponies separate from either friends on FB or hopefully by chance elsewhere... Getting NMM and DJ soon from someone once I get my account sorted out... But I knew abut the eye thing with DJ as I spotted it in photos when the set was first seen online...

Post Merge: October 08, 2012, 05:35:10 PM

I'm sure it' been said many times before but it would have been nice if they chose Pinkie Pie's head mold for Vinyl Scratch. At least her eye shape is round, same as VS's glasses - so it would've worked out. :c
Do any of the Unicorn Ponies have the rounded eyes? I've only known the ones for Rarity and TS
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:35:10 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37:08 PM »

The problem is they are too cheap to make a unicorn head with eye shapes other than those of Rarity and Twilight. So they had to use one of the two. :/
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal