collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: video i did for a class  (Read 309 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
video i did for a class
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »
I did this speech for my class and was just wondering if i could get some feedback. let me know if you like it  :what:
http://youtu.be/Kyu6vjjRRE4

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: video i did for a class
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »
I like the content of your speech, being a heavily tattooed teacher myself.  I think it's a very worthwhile issue for a speech. 

That said, the things I would improve for next time are the confidence of your delivery and the conclusion.  Aim for cleaner expression, less pauses, and your conclusion should wrap up facts, not deliver an emotional plea.  This is me as a teacher talking, of course.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
Very nice ,I do not have tattoos ,But I do like them on most people :),if the tattoo is not artsy then what is the point ?LOL .
But Prejudice is something so embedded in our society , is never right but it is always there instead of Tolerance !
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
You are absolutely right in everything you said.  I have tattoos, but I have never been to jail, I'm not a drunk or a drug addict.  I don't even smoke cigarettes.  I am also far from stupid.  At my job we are forced to cover all tattoos (and piercings) because they are considering horrible, terrible things that will offend every customer that walks in.  How ridiculous!  There is a discussion board for my place of employment and just yesterday I found a post on there discussing tattoos.  A manager of another branch said, "It is a proven fact that people with tattoos commit crimes."  Oh really?  I haven't committed any and I know plenty of people with them who are not criminals also, including my brother and a lot of my friends.  Prejudice, no matter what it's aimed at, is uncalled for in today's world, but sadly, will never stop.

I do agree with the poster above, though, you should practice your delivery a little more.  It wasn't BAD, but it felt kind of stiff, like you were nervous.  Who dropped a pan or whatever at the end of the video?  lol

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »
I will back up the above: your content is fabby, but the delivery needs working on. I've studied drama, and although your diction is clear and concise I think there needs to be some more expression facially and perhaps a variation in eye contact: I know you're speaking to the camera in the vid, but try think of it as if you're talking to someone ^.^ it will help you to appear less tense and more natural.

Lovely tattoos, I really do agree with this issue. If the art isn't offensive, there is no way in which it impacts your performance and capability of what you do.. ink on your skin doesn't corrupt you into a criminal, it simply means you have individuality.. which should be admired :)

Also, happy world teachers' day!! :happy:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:06:31 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said. Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal