collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sinus infection, suggestions?  (Read 446 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Sinus infection, suggestions?
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
I think I have a sinus infection-lots of pressure and pain over my eyes, congestion, sore throat, etc. I wondered if anyone had any good suggestions to get rid of it? I feel awful:(

ashleesalterego

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sinus infection, suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
First of all, I feel your pain! I had a sinus infection for 10 days before I finally decided to go to the doctor because nothing was giving me any relief.

My first question for you is, did you have a cold before the infection? Allergies? If it is a viral infection, there isn't much you can do but wait it out. If it's bacterial, antibiotics will nip it. I had to go on a course of antibiotics because mine was bacterial. Most are viral though.

Regardless, you should try (and I know this sounds icky) a neti pot. They work. Use it 2-3x a day, but make sure you follow the directions. It will help clear some of the mucus and give the tiny hairs in your sinuses a chance to bounce back. Make sure you drink a lot of water (this helps thin mucus), take hot showers without the fan, and be careful not to overuse decongestants as they tend to make mucus thicker if used too much.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
We use Sudafed here. If it's an infection though, you should probably see your doctor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
I would recommend stocking up on Vitamin C.  I've had a ton of sinus infections and chronic bronchitis!

Vitamin C helps, Netti Pots are awesome (when used correctly), also antibiotics (if it is bacterial).

I have a nebulizer too. That helps!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
I'm currently suffering a bout of sinus problems myself. For two days it stopped, but came back full force lastnight.

I tried sinus medication, which does relieve the pressure for a few hours, but it comes back. Currently I am doing the extremely low-tech version of the neti pot: snorting warm water from a cup. :lol: It works, and I'm not out 20 bucks!

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
If its pressure it might be related to your ears.  Ive had chronic ear infections all my life and know that when I get pressure that doesnt get relieved its time to go to the doctors <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

khyron

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
I usually take hot showers, but if it's an infection you'll need to see a doctor.

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
Found out it is a sinus infection, doc put me on augmentin. He says I should lay low for 48 hours and do nothing. Easier said than done with 2 kids!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
Rest!  Rest is really the only cure for a sinus infection.  That and the antibiotics.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Aflame

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:05:36 AM »
olbasoil  and lemsip usualy works for me but as you have other meds i would leave the lemsip ,when i get a cold it usualy goes on my chest and turns in to a chest infection as i have had bronchintis alot almost turned in to plurasy once ! xaflamex

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
I had a terrible sinus infection two years ago.  I'm allergic to penicillin, ceclore, and other antibiotics, so I had to go on some really strong medicine that can make your tendons burst. Considering I have tendonitis, I don't need anything that can rupture my already weakened tendons!

My sister sent me an herbal antibiotic that contained goldenseal, Oregon grape root, barberry, and echinacea.  That really helped out! 

The other thing I did was super cheap, super easy, tastes great, and has become a life-habit for me.  I put 1 tablespoon of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of local raw honey in my morning tea (usually green tea).  The apple cider vinegar really clears out sinus fast! Local, raw honey will help with strong taste of the vinegar and it also has lots of good benefits to it. If you keep doing this every day, I promise you your immune system will get so much stronger and you will be sick far less often, if ever.  I'm the kind of person who used to spend winter with a kleenex box attached at the end of one arm and I haven't been sick once since I've started the ACV/honey tea.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon =)  It's never any fun being sick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal