collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on my custom, I'm sorry if these have been answered before....  (Read 215 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Greetings all! I was wondering if anyone had experience successfully getting a non-CAM lower arm to work in a CAM upper arm's slot? I know the non-CAM lower arms are so much smaller, but I was wondering if there is a way that I'm not thinking of that I can use to get it in there, but still keep mobility.

Also, do the non-CAM dolls have removable lower legs? I'm kinda scared to force it off....

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on my custom, I'm sorry if these have been answered before....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
Non-CaM lower legs are absolutely not meant to come off. The only way to get them out involves cracking the plastic and resealing with clay or something. :faint:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:30:39 AM »
Bumping this for you!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »
Non-CAM dolls (Regular releases) lower legs do not come off.  You have to cut them off, and then they are garbage:(  The peg that keeps the lower and upper leg connected would be damaged, making the leg good for nothing. 

You could wrap the the Regular doll arms in teflon tape to thicken up the peg.  Use small amounts until you get the right thickness.

For more advice on the legs, I think I'd need more information on what you want to do :huh:  I could ramble on about what methods are out there for CAM mods, but I'd rather not do that:)  Rambling = Yuck!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Thanks, guys. I think I'm actually going to take the head from the doll that I rehaired and put it on a CAM body with arms and all and paint it. I wanted the torso from a CAM so I could have the wing slots in the back, but the body/arms from the original doll were kinda working for what I wanted. It's okay, though. I'll just repaint a CAM body/torso to match :) I'll show pictures when I'm done, probably later this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal