collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who was your favorite this challenge? (The order of the votes will determine in which order the ghouls receive their prize necklaces from TexasGal!)

Aria
Cupid
Jordan
Kalma
Nanami

Author Topic: Challenge 9 - Evaluation  (Read 3463 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 9 - Evaluation
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
Good morning, ghouls. It is time for your evaluation.

You recall our judges:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Aria:

Janice: I am almost speechless - and that's extremely rare for me. Aria, you are so freakishly fantastic in this picture. Your face and hair are to DIE FOR; and you're definitely selling the bag. I want to buy the bag. I want to be like you. I want to BE YOU. (At least, I would if I weren't already the glamorous Janice Witchinson.)

Tyra: Background? Pale. Hair? Pale. You? SHINING!! Your outfit and purse pop out SO nicely and from there, the eye is drawn upwards which here is quite beautiful to see. You managed to use the light colors around you to your advantage instead of letting them wash you out. Great choice of colour this week.

Nigel: You NEVER see an effective ad without the matching set!  Purse, glasses, bangles, belt!  Money is in the accessories! And the drop dead amazing pose of "Hey ... What was that gorgeous piece of fancy brightness I just saw and now must make mine!" Cute pouty lips and all.

Stella: Very pretty. I like your fashionable diva-like look. Your hair looks gorgeous too, although my purse almost seems to blend in with your mini-dress. Your left arm has a rather odd curve to it as well, though that may just be me!

Janice: YES. THIS SCREAMS MODEL. I have to say, dear, that you haven't always been my favorite in this competition. You're always gorgeous, but sometimes you put us to sleep. This week? You are my clear favorite, and that's saying a lot, since the other ghouls were amazing as well. Excellent work.

Tyra: BEAUTIFUL! Once again using the pale around you to make a focus directly to you!  I can't say enough about how amazing the purple, black and gold is on you. You're almost ghostly, which surprisingly works to your advantage one-hundred percent. However, don't let that get to be a habit. You need to make sure you're not letting the outfit and accessories model FOR you.

Nigel: Interesting ... I am torn on you disappearing into the background ghoul ... I love the focus it puts on the purse and accessories ... but it's an eerie feeling of them floating there upon a cursory glance.  It's never good for a model to sell herself short ... just as bad as overpowering the product ... it's a fine line Aria.  Find it and trod it under like I know you can!

Stella: Too cool for school, that's for sure! You look great here, cool as hell, and my purse stands out wonderfully. Even I want to buy it! Just be careful of not getting washed away in the background. I would definitely need to have my people brighten up your green skin tone so you're not blending in.

Cupid:

Janice: Darling, you make me want that bag - and pink is SO not my color. You were sophisticated, elegant, and charming this week. Not like that's unusual for you, but you stepped it up. Your close-up is SO ad-worthy - I adore the coquettish look you're tossing back over your shoulder. Fabulous, dear.

Tyra: Brilliant! Your focus away from the camera looks great here and you're definitely selling that handbag! Those square bracelets…where can I get some? They look fantastic and the black and white of your hands with your outfit is such a lovely little detail.

Nigel: *does a double take* From Cyndi to swamp to 50's indomitable housewife?!  There is no question what you are trying to sell and you take no guff from your saleable photo-sharing co-star.  *waves hand over the shot* It works, all of it, amazingly well, but where's my raging Cupid?! Fierce, ferocious, gung ho and sally forth! *narrows eyes* or are you playing tricks on the Nigel and showing another side?  I fear we men will never totally understand our ghouls ... but we can dream.

Stella: This is a Stella ad through and through! You look like a model here - your face is radiant, accessories perfected, arms and gaze in just the right direction, and my purse is the main focus. I'm extremely impressed.

Janice: Playful, yet still elegant. You make it look easy. I'm not sold on the skirt, but your top was a great choice. All in all, I've loved everything you've done lately, and this certainly doesn't change my mind. Damn fine job.

Tyra: That skirt - Darling, what happened? It works with your first photo, but here it looks a little frumpy. It's much too long and we lose the definition of your body. However, the pose is creative and you look like you're enjoying yourself. Such bendy little models we have!

Nigel: Ouch ghoul! Just OUCH!  Anything for the shot eh? *winks*  Great flow to the piece, interest is spread evenly, with a feeling of a slow 'ooze' of the eyes down the photo to the purse, I get the impression that I MUST own that purse and now how it got you into such a predicament ... and how it will get you out. PURSE IS SOLD!

Stella: You took a risk, and it paid off. This is edgy and fun and once again, it draws focus to my purse. Overall, your photos this week had a very 'Stella' feel to them. Job well done.

Jordan:

Janice: Are you kidding me?? This is perfect! You're putting the bag front and center, but at the same time, your mesmerizing eyes draw me to you in the background. Not that you're anyone's background, dear. This shot proves that.

Tyra: LOVE this! I will take 50 of those purses! Honestly, my only complaint is that the clasp of the purse isn't perfectly directly in between your eyes. We have clearly run low on things to bitch about, so I'm not sure how valid mine was at this point. Great close-up shot, ghoul.

Nigel: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!  Stunning Jordan!  The symmetry, the focus, the pop! You have grabbed that clutch and shown it who's boss!

Stella : Pure. Bloody. Genius. THIS is what a purse advertisement is all about. Everything works here and I don't have a single negative thing to say! OK, a little brightening up would have made it extra extraordinary. Now I'm zipping my lips shut!

Janice: Well, both you and Aria chose the same dress; and honestly, she pulled it off better. But I like this shot of you. The bag is still at the center of the advertisement, but the look can hardly ignore those GAMS of yours. Lovely shot.

Tyra: WARNING! WARNING! ALMOST A CROTCH SHOT! WEEWOO WEEWOO!! SOMEONE GET THE "CENSORED" BAR READY! Your pose is a bit awkward, but I feel like had it not been for the glare, this shot would be so much better and we would've noticed your makeup mor-..What...? Oh, right..This is for a purse.

Nigel: Careful of the skirt m'dear ...  and in this shot, the purse seems to get a little lost amongst everything that's happening.  Your legs draw the eyes up, stumble a touch over the skirt, and your arms/hands, face and neck draw the eye around the purse, but never really settle on it ...

Stella : Jordan, oh, Jordan. I was expecting something equally fabulous in your full body shot. Instead I got an eye filled with glare, and overall, a shot that just does not excite me. I don't see high fashion here. I see a model trying to do high fashion but not quite hitting the nail on the head. I wish you had conveyed the same strength and creativity in this shot as you did in your closeup.

Kalma:

Janice: Ghoulfriend, you know I've been asking you for more attitude. Well, you gave it to me this week. Your close-up reflects your precise and professional personality; but the daring!! THAT's what I've wanted from you. THANK YOU.

Tyra: I can't stop staring, ogling, even. I can see from here that I'm not the only one, hahahaha... *smacks Nigel*
Simple, to the point and still very bold! Seems like a photo that would be considered "showing too much", yet you're not at that point while still selling that to-die-for handbag. Absolutely fabulous, ghoul!

Nigel: *stares* ... *keeps staring* ... I like.  Simple, clean, elegant, focus is pulled right to where it needs to be, on the purse ... And what's behind it ... And what's not covering what's behind it.  Would be a super ad in my humble opinion.

Stella : I never allow nudity in my advertisements, but I'd make the exception with you. Everything works here - the side swept hair, arms that are not exact mirror images of each other, and my purse looks completely fabulous contrasted against your ivory skin, don't you think?

Janice: First of all, excellent outfit choice. (Not that your birthday suit wasn't fabulous as well in the close-up!) Normally I might find this shot a tad dull - but for the challenge, it's perfect in my book. You're selling me the bag and looking damn fine while doing so. I can easily see this shot in a fashion magazine!

Tyra: Kalma wandering around in a badass outfit, yet you still look somewhat delicate. Only you can manage make biker boots and a punk handbag look dainty! Working it, working it, working it! 100% model, right here!

Nigel: Ghoul on the go, with a handy-dandy ghoul's best helper, her purse.  Fast paced, exciting, what is she zooming towards? With what intent?  With what desire?  And that lean long leg drawing the eye up and to the purse? SPECTACULAR! *kisses fingertips*

Stella : Great stems! This is cute although it feels a bit safe to me. However, it works. Overall, I applaud you for taking some nude shots this week whilst keeping it classy.

Nanami:

Janice: GOD, ghoulfriend, what's going on here?? The flash totally washes out your gorgeousness. Don't get me wrong, your lovely reflection is stunning, sweet, and wistful - but the rest of the pic just doesn't work for me. At this level of competition, I NEED MORE.

Tyra: Well, damn. That's quite a lovely illusion we're seeing, but I'm barely aware of the purse. Purse? What purse? My eye is immediately drawn to you instead.  We all have to submit to the horrors of a camera flash but it's still possible to make it work! When it happens, it's time to fight it and shine brighter than the flash itself!

Nigel: Eye catching? Yes!  Inventive? Yes!  Interest and amazing abound! ... but the wardrobe ... and the flash ... I lose your gorgeous face!  I know the point is to sell the purse dearie, but as the model you must still sell you!  OWN THE PURSE, don't let it be your master.

Stella : You took a unique and unexpected direction for this challenge, and I applaud you for that. Unfortunately I feel that we lose you in the flash. The attention is on the purse, but I'm lost as to what you're doing here. I don't get a strong Stella McZombellina vibe here.

Janice: What. The. Hell. Happened here?! Your idea was fabulous, but your execution simply flopped. Your outfit is ... how shall I put this? ... I am yawning so hard my ears just popped. And WHAT is up with the green ribbon?! This feels like an entry shot, NOT a nearly-at-the-end photo!! More, dear, MORE!!

Tyra: You sure are flexible.. I'm just wondering how the hell you managed to keep your skirt on, ghoul! The purse seems to blend in a bit with the floor, but I feel it actually kind of works here. Strange photos with a beautiful model? I don't see why not!

Nigel: *tilts head*  I love the oddity and unusualness of the pose, but my word ghoul! It looks positively impossible!  And the random bit of bright green over there ... I'm going to say it's a garter just because I find them most appeasing, but well ... There it is ... BRIGHT GREEN! And your skirt makes your adorable bum disappear ... Which can be a good thing at times when amply endowed ... But here, it makes me feel like there is a gap in the middle of you where no gap aught to be ...

Stella : Talk about crazy moves! You were committed this week, that's for sure. I like this look for a Stella advertisement, though my geek squad would definitely need to edit out that green ribbon holding you up! I like your vision here even if I'm not overly fond of the execution.

Good luck, everyone! You did a fabulous job, and may the best ghoul win!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:43:57 AM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 9 - Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
Aria  :heart:

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
All the ghouls were lovely, but Aria totally owned it this week!

Usually I'm a Kalma/Cupid girl, but Aria earned my respect this round.

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
Kalma!!!! So gorgeous!
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
ARIA!!!!!  This looks like a page from a magazine! 
Cupid, look are a beautiful too.  This is getting really hard:(

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »
Tough choice! I think the green ribbon is there to keep Nanami from slumping to the ground. I'd like her first shot more if she were looking at the purse, but she's still lovely this week ^_^

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
Cupid's close-up just steals my heart away! I want that purse and her headband and her bracelets. I think you did your job, ghoulfriend!

Several other great shots here, though. Kalma's close-up is just shockingly beautiful. I was actually very happy with all of the close-ups. I liked what Nanami was trying to do. Aria totally made me look twice, rather than just scrolling down to my favorite. Good job ghouls!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
Everyone's close-up is killer! Aria's beauty, Jordan's intrigue, Kalma's fierceness..!!!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »
Agreeing with the mob ... those close-ups this week are all fabulous.  So well done. 

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »
Holy damn...DEM MODELS. YOU GUYS DID SOOOO GOOD THIS WEEK.. GKJFDHGHGF..
Kalma and Aria really stole my heart this week, but I'm pretty sure I'm in love with everyone's photos.. :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »
SO IN LOVE! I had the toughest time choosing, omg. But, I had finally had to go with.....not telling, haha.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »
I love Kalma and Jordan this week! The picture with the little clutch in front of Jordan's face is just too cute!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »
Great job everyone! Kalma is so in love with this purse, Stella. She feels like it was just meant for her, so she had a lot of fun modeling with it, and oggling it, and caressing it...

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
some killer shots this week!

Offline princessFirefly

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://emlp.proboards22.com/index.cgi
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
voted!
Av is my PI Starter. Thank you Bunches  
Want to order Leggings from me? Check here ----> PrincessFirefly\'s Place or PM me
My E-Bay Sales ~*~ princessFirefly on deviantART

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal