collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GBA game The Runaway Rainbow - would you recommend it?  (Read 454 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
GBA game The Runaway Rainbow - would you recommend it?
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
hi there,

I have been thinking about this game for awhile. I have known about its existence for some time, have even watched some youtube videos on its gameplay, but so far I couldn't really decide if I want to try it out or not. the pros are I like RPGs for GameBoy, and I might just like a pony-based one even more, but cons are I'm not a big fan of G3, even less of its cartoon style. now I think if I stumble upon a good deal on it I will give it a go, but having these bipolar feelings that should be a real bargain... maybe if I knew it's something worth buying it would be easier.
is there anyone who tried it, played with it, loved it, hated it, etc? could you please share your thoughts and experience? they might help me decide ^^

many thanks,
L.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: GBA game The Runaway Rainbow - would you recommend it?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »
It's cute, but like most video games marketed to young girls, you'll be done with it in less than an hour.  I believe there are only about 5 levels, with the last one being to guide Rarity's chariot through the sky.  Some parts are marginally challenging, but I think if you're used to playing a lot of video games, it won't be worth the money unless you find it for very cheap and want it more for collection value.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
I just tried it, it's fun for little kids and easy to understand, but for a teen/adult, you'll be done in, like Dewprincess said, an hour. I just got to Chapter 2 in 5 minutes. @,@;

From what I experienced in Chapter one, first there are 2 "missions" where you have to find 3 ribbons, then 3 flags, then a bubble fight, kinda like pong/snowball fight game then a coloring game, then a memory game, then onto chapter 2. There are other side minigames that are playable, one is decorate Rarity, and the other is keepy-uppy with a rainbow butterfly.

If you can find one still in its box, with the instruction manual and everything and at a decent price, it would be good to keep for collecting, if you want to collect everything MLP-released-wise.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
It's kinda cool how you "level up" mini-games by playing them repeatedly, and then the password stores not only your progress through Rarity's Adventure, but the level of each mini-game you reached as well for when you replay them.  The one where you race the carriage against the star is actually fairly hard to win on the higher levels.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
I have it, and honestly I love it.  Like everyone's said though, it's super-easy and takes less than an hour to finish.  But, I find it quite entertaining...enough to play again when I'm bored or am in a G3 kinda mood. 
Note: this is coming from someone who adores the G3 cartoons and style.  So, you know, that's something to take into consideration hehe :P

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
thanks for the detailed and helpful replies!
however, this doesn't seem too convincing :huh: I wouldn't want it just for collection, I'm not much into collecting anything MLP-related (even less with G3), so yeah, unless I can find it for some really cheap price I think I'll pass on it.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
It's a fun and cute game, hopefully you can find it for cheap!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
Its cute but as others have said if you are buying it to get game playing entertainment out of it, I wouldnt bother. Like most pony merch and licensing its aimed at a much younger market than many of us which makes them incredibly straight forward with no actual challenge.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 01:28:29 AM »
I just decided to buy the game, just because I hadn't bought a game for my DSLite for a while now. I'll post my thoughts on them after they arrive.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal