collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What should I do?

Give him yours because you don't need another pony.
1 (3.2%)
Give him yours.  It's the only thing I think would be a good gift.
0 (0%)
Just give him the dvd and tell his mom what to look for so she can spend the money & time looking for those figures.
5 (16.1%)
Just give him the dvd and the mcdonald rarity you have, that's enough for him.  Maybe he doesn't even need a Fluttershy and Spike!
5 (16.1%)
Don't worry FairyDust, I have another of those giftsets for cheap to sell to you! (loose or mib)
1 (3.2%)
Just go buy him a brushable fluttershy and see if anybody has a loose spike for sale.
16 (51.6%)
Don't worry about money just go out and buy him everything MLP FIM!!!
1 (3.2%)
I don't know how to help you.  Your mission is hopeless.
0 (0%)
Kids don't need toys, not even ponies!  Just send him another book.
0 (0%)
Other: please explain below.
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Pony Gift Giving..... Help!  (Read 575 times)

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Gift Giving..... Help!
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
Okay so I have this dilemma about a gift my best friends little boy who is turning 3 years old soon and loves ponies (yes, I got him into it lol).  His favorites are Spike and Fluttershy.  His birthday party is even mlp fim themed (his choice).  I was planning on getting him the mlp wedding dvd but now I'm looking at my mlp fim giftset that has spike, celestia, twilight sparkles, pinkie pie, and applejack figures in it and wishing I had bought another one a year ago when I got it for $9.99.  I will have mine in the package and I really like it.  Should I keep it and enjoy it?  Should I give it to him for his birthday or Christmas?  I'd love to find another one to get him but I'm afraid it would be out of my spending limit on him (plus I have to have it shipped to him since he's across the country from me).  He only likes mlp fim, no other ponies.  He loves little animal figures and squinkies and stuff like that too.

Did they ever come out with a fluttershy and rarity to match with that set?  I'd love to get him a single fluttershy and spike but again it might be kind or impossible to find as a whole plastic figure.  I'd thought about trying to get the mcdonald's mlp fim from 2011 I have a rarity I could give him but I'd need the other figures and a spike somehow and again cost is an issue.  I am trying to stay away from the brushables if I can.  So please help me with my poll.  Please help give some suggestions and if you have a solution for me not up there please help! :)

Here's a cute story about the little guy:

His mom says while looking for a birthday present for another little boy's birthday party they went shopping and he was able to pick out a present for the other little boy.  What does he bring to mom to give him?  A talking baby Spike.  His mom asks him if his is something his friend would like or is it something that he would want.  He says it's something he wants lol.  So he tries again.  This time he brings his mom a plush fluttershy.  Again something that he wanted and not that the other boy would probably want.  Such a cute story lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Gift Giving..... Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
I personally don't see the point in giving him a whole set when what he really wants is just the one figure.  Plus, Spike has been in several sets and I'm sure that you can find a decent priced one for sale.  I would just buy him a single Fluttershy and find the Spike online if you can.

Also, remember he is three and is just as likely to play with the box as the toys.  I just recently bought one of the So Soft Babies for my niece who is a toddler.  After we opened the box she hardly looked at the pony but grabbed the bottle that came with it and stuck it in her own mouth.  She spent way more time playing with the bottle than the pony!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
Yeah, get a spike from someone here for a few bucks. Or maybe buy him the sos soft spike?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
I think just get him a regular spike or the so soft version. It's very kind of you to get him a pony gift! :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
I would get him the DVD and as many of the McD's figures that you can find.  Even if you have to go to a thrift store and then clean up the ponies a little - you CAN flat iron their hair if it's a scary mess.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »
I agree with some of the ideas on the So Soft. I think as a kid I was more for the soft cuddly things.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
if he lieks spike.. jsu tget himt he so soft spike.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
There are Spike plushies for $20ish on ebay,

I got a bunch of weirdo jamaican ninja turtle plushies when I was a kid and I wasn't put off by them at all.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »
I agree with everyone about the so soft Spike :) You can get him a brushable Fluttershy to go with it!
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
I like the idea of So Soft Spike but he could be a little expensive to buy and ship. I think purchasing a single brushable Fluttershy and then maybe a small single Spike [through someone who is only keeping part of a set] would be the best idea. Those suit what he loves the most, should be within budget and will be easy enough to post.

What a lovely birthday gift to send him his favourite pony :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have a spare spike if you want to pm me about it! ^_^

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
I like the idea of a So-Soft Spike, too. ^.^  Cuddly is good when you're three! :lol:

And if he's still liking ponies by holiday time (speaking from experience - see note below), you (or his mum) can have stocked up on McD's ponies for then. :biggrin:

Note:  True story.  One fall, I think he was in kindergarten, my son was all about Transformers.  Loved them.  Talked about them all the time.  So my parents thought they'd be mega-awesome grandparents and shopped early to get the best Transformers gift:  the six-robots-make-one-large-robot one - Devastator?  Anyway, as you might guess, by the time Christmas rolled around, he didn't like Transformers anymore.  At all. :rolleyes:  Good thing they kept the receipt, and we all learned to wait until mid-December to shop for small fry! :lol:  They change their minds so mercurially... well, some of them, anyway. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
I like the idea of getting him a loose Spike from someone and then a brushable Fluttershy.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 06:32:11 AM »
I think his mom was going to get him the so soft spike. :)

Lots of good ideas and suggestions, thanks!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal