collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: removing pony heads  (Read 328 times)

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
removing pony heads
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »
hey all i got 2 baity ponies today these will be my first customs they are both g3s ones head moves ones doesnt can u tell me the best ways to take there heads off please ?

one of them looks like it has mold im not so sure if it is or not is it best to chuck her away or what can i do to stop it ? i dont have my cam on me so cant take pics but its like tiny green dots on her leg any help would be great thank you 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:07:44 PM by anna4810 »

Offline magickstar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: removing pony heads
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:56:16 AM »
What I usually do is grab my hair dryer and turn it on high and blow the heck out of the pony's neck. Usually after 2 min I will then take an exacto knife and carefully cut along the neck line to loosen the glue that is still stuck on. Then I usually just have to pull and the head pops off. Sometimes if its really stubborn I will have to use the hair dryer again.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
If the heads move, you can probably just pop them off with some elbow grease. Heating up the bodies to soften them might help like suggested, those moving head G3s tend to have hard bodies! Boiling water works nicely and it should take care of mould as well if that's what it is. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

keikokukien

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:44:32 AM »
I agree with the heating method. The G4s I have, I actually heat a pot of hot water in a tea pot and pour a coffee cup full of hotwater over their necks, wait for a few minutes then the heads easily pop off and the exacto knife cuts easier through the plastic surrounding the plug. I know that is G4, but the same basic principle helped me clean a kinda baity G3 before, too. :)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
The others have given good de-heading advice, so I'll jump to the mold question.  It's hard for me to tell you just by the description if I think it's mold or not, but you could always try submerging her in an airtight container full of a hot (and I mean steaming hot) OxyClean bath overnight.  OxyClean's pretty good at killing kill-able pony funk.  Rinse her off and scrub her gently with a magic eraser (or even just your finger nails) when she comes out - if it comes off, great.  If not, well, at least you tried!  Also, have you tried some acetone to see if it's just staining of some sort?  Most molds that cause problems will find tiny holes in the plastic and live there, but if there's a uniform fading of the spots after you scrub with acetone, that probably means it's just a stain of some sort.

anna4810

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
thank you all for the advise im not to good at cutting my hands are a little shaky would a stanley knife do the same job if not ill go buy the other kind some place

ill upload a pic of the pony i can use my boyfriends pony now : )

Post Merge: September 25, 2012, 03:08:06 PM

sorry the pic isnt to clear :/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:08:06 PM by anna4810 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal