collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Resolved:ponies still haven't turned up after 21 days  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
Resolved:ponies still haven't turned up after 21 days
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:51 AM »
Heya, my first time posting in here. I won an Ebay auction from the Ebay Seller Silverbis1 on the 29th of August for a lot of 4 ponies described as baits and opted to pay by Bank Deposit on September 4th. I would have paid by the next day after the auction ended, but it took me a few days of running around trying to find a way to pay this person, due to their bank not having a branch in my state.

Anyway, after I paid, I've heard basically nothing. I decided to give the benefit of the doubt as I was late myself in paying the person and such, but after a few weeks of nothing turning up in the mail I sent them a polite ebay message via "Ask the Seller a Question" a few days ago without any response.

"Dear silveribis1,

I haven't received the items since paying about two weeks ago. If I can have an update about them, that would be good :)

- mr.pickles23"

And I'm getting really antsy about the lack of response and don't know what to do. I honestly just want my ponies and have this done with, but it's getting less and less likely.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:42:46 AM by Oak23 »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies still haven't turned up after 21 days
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
I would maybe email them one last time.  And explain what you have here.  I would also mention that if you do not hear back from them, say by the end of the week that you will be forced to open a dispute to cover yourself.  Just be polite and state your concerns.  If you do not hear back from them by the stated time then you can open a dispute.  It can always be closed once your ponies arrive.

But whatever you do, keep an eye on that 45 day window with Paypal. Because if you let that pass then you will be out your monies and ponies. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
Hope it all goes well but if not, please keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
21 days is definitely too long for something in the country here. I'd agree with one last message and then opening a claim

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »
It is possible that you will still get your ponies , but the lack of contact is what makes it more worrying :( . If the seller doesnt reply after you send a last message , then definitely open a claim

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'd send one last email, and then open a dispute. Hopefully the seller comes through for you. Otherwise all ebay can do is give them a strike, and tell you to take it up with the court system.

This is why I avoid bank deposit like the plague. you can sync up paypal with your bank account, and the benefits far outweigh the risk IMHO. Even so, I went and got a visa debit, and I changed over a while ago - in the event of fraud, it's easier to change a CC number than to re-open your bank account with things like salary and direct depositing being affected. Paypal has never had to step in for me thankfully, but my husband has had a few encounters with dodgy sellers, and all I can say is, thank god for paypal - because ebay has nowhere near the power they do, despite being essentially the same company!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:19:58 PM »
If you didn't use paypal though you will not be able to get your money back as ebay only offers seller protection on paypal payments.  I wasn't sure what you meant by bank deposit as I have never heard of that.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Oak23

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
I opened an ebay case on the 29th of September and the seller FINALLY responded, say she did not receive my messages due to not being on Ebay in that time and only just noticed when I opened that case against her. She said she sent out the lot of ponies a few days after my payment so she figures they must be lost in the mail.

I offer to close the case if I get a full refund OR she manages to find a replacement Posey to send to me, as that was the main draw of me bidding on her auction, as I figure packages getting lost in the mail is human error and such.

I get Posey today and I notice that this particular Posey has the EXACT same damage as the one in the original auction, namely a very unique purple ink stain on her cheek and ear, dark spots near her hairline and the same frizzy faded hair. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170901322719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

I feel very upset about this because this implies the seller has the REST of the ponies I won in the lot, and either never sent out my package OR had the package returned to her, not 'lost in the postal system' as she told me. Coupled with the fact that at this point it's been well over a month since I paid this person and that she's shown me to be a very unreliable seller that doesn't reply to concerns without drastic measures and has dragged this on long enough.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE RE:ponies still haven't turned up after 21 days
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »
Wait a minute, so you said that you will close the case if she manages to give you only one out of the four ponies that you won?

I understand that you were probably thinking that the package was lost but I don't see how that's fair for you to accept one pony when you were supposed to get four.

Also, I agree that it doesn't look good for the seller. I feel very bad for you. I don't like using the word scam but that is what it is looking like :-/

Offline Oak23

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »
Yeah, I felt bad because I *thought* the seller was out four ponies and I was only really after finding a slightly damaged Posey, so if she managed to find a replacement one I thought it would be a good compromise because lost ponies are never good for either party. I thought being nice about it because I figured she was a collector as well and I know how sucky it must feel to have stuff you sell lost forever in the post.

As well as the fact I could not be bothered waiting any more for her to try tracking down four different ponies that I did not want when I already went a full month of no contact from her. So I just threw out the suggestion that if I could at least get a Posey I would have been fine with it, because mistakes DO happen and I tried to be understanding.

I'm just sincerely angry though that she just gave me a Posey from the ORIGINAL auction as opposed to a replacement Posey because it basically implies she has the OTHER ponies from the Auction and is lying to me about the package being lost, which is infuriating because it's been at least five weeks of no pony until I received Posey today.

And on top of the really crud communication and lying, I do not trust this seller any more.

It definitely looks like the same Posey to me.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »
Oh god that is so the same posey. That is horrible that she took advantage of your honesty. What a horrible seller. It looks like she planned this from the beginning. Or at the least, does it with a few buyers here and there so that it's not super obvious as to what she's doing.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:22 AM »
Oh jeez. Sorry this took a turn for the worse Oak23 :(. You could try messaging the seller again but I'm not sure if you would particularly be bothered at this point. I hope this hasn't happened to any of her other buyers, this is just terrible practice.

Looks like silveribis1 has sold pony items in the past, so will be avoiding anything from them.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:06 AM »
It most certainly is the same pony  :huh:

But never ever close a case, no matter what until either you receive the item or a refund is issued.  I know we like to think people are honest and packages do go MIA but now there is no recourse for her actions.  Because you can not reopen the case.

I would maybe send her a message and let her know you are on to her. I am not sure will do anything about it since her communication was lousy to begin with but you can let her know how you feel. 

Have you left feedback for the transaction?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:15:47 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »
I would contact ebay and send a message to the seller with these exact same pictures! It is defently the same posey or the child that put on the ink was really precise and made two the same posey's what is very unlikely!
This makes me so mad! :mad:

Offline Oak23

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 03:38:16 AM »
I asked for a full refund of the SHIPPING for the original Auction (which is $12.50) as compensation for the terrible service and experience/time wasted/etc, as I have Posey and have no intentions of letting her go from my grasp, or trusting the seller to do anything else at this point, and feel a partial refund should at least be asked about, even if it's likely she'll ignore my request.

I am keeping the Ebay case open to see what she will be doing from this point on though I can clearly see myself giving her a big fat negative on her feedback for all the crud she's pulled on me. I'm just really, really disappointed that this is my first negative Ebay experience with a seller with 100% feedback over something that costed less than $20 all up.

I'm trying to not let this ruin my enjoyment of Posey though, because she's one of my favourite G1 ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal