collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pny/toystore in London?  (Read 725 times)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Pny/toystore in London?
« on: September 25, 2012, 01:55:59 AM »
After the con my and my friend are staying in london for a few days and was wondering if anybody know a good toystore that was a good selections of ponies? :)
We are staying close to hydepark so perfer someting kinda central :)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pny/toystore in London?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:10:49 AM »
Hey :) Hamleys is the biggest toy shop in London, pretty sure they will have ponies. You might also want to check out Forbidden Planet as there is quite a big one there and I think they will stock some ponies too. Also Toys R Us, if there is one in central London. Not sure on that.

Have fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »
I'd check out Hamleys, although I went there a few years back and the pony section was pretty tiny like one cabinet amongst all the other toys such as Breyers. But it might have changed since then, but they do have a pony 'hollywood star' on the pavement outside.
But Hamleys is fun to go in anyway, you can run around and marvel at stuff like nearly life sized toy camels XD

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »
Yah Tesco or Hamleys but really, I think Hamleys is way to expensive.

I bought my FS Twilight Sparkle in Hamleys (in Dublin not London dunno if that's a huge difference?)
anyway I paid 23 Euros for it (they normally cost around EUR 16 or 17 in the UK) :D
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:58:54 AM »
Yah Tesco or Hamleys but really, I think Hamleys is way to expensive.

I bought my FS Twilight Sparkle in Hamleys (in Dublin not London dunno if that's a huge difference?)
anyway I paid 23 Euros for it (they normally cost around EUR 16 or 17 in the UK) :D

On the Hamleys website the FS ponies are £15 which I think is £2 more expensive than The Entertainer here in Cardiff. Which is... 18 Euros. So I think Dublin is quite a bit more expensive! It is an expensive city. Then again, so is London.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:20:55 AM »
Well, I've seen ponies on The Entertainer on both Westfield Shopping Centers, Hamleys and John Lewis. There's probably other places too, but I prefer to buy my ponies online (and I don't really buy G4s anyway).

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »
WH Smith might be another place to look too, if you can find a large one :)

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »
Hamley's used to have a very tiny, mediocre Pony section. It may have changed recently but I haven't been there in over a year (it's overpriced and always crowded - fine if you're a tourist, it's worth seeing).

Selfridges had a My Little Pony event earlier this month to launch their new toy section. It might be worth popping in to look but I couldn't comment on what their prices might be.

There's a Toys R Us in Bayswater (very near Hyde Park), but nationally their stock of G4 is patchy. Since it's so close to Hyde Park it's worth a look anyway.

ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury's (large national supermarket chains) have been consistently stocking G4 but, again, stocks vary. Their shops in central London tend to be on the smaller side and therefore don't stock toys. However it's well worth looking into as they will have the best prices.

Both Westfield Stratford (there's a shop in there called John Lewis that has a viewing area that overlooks the Olympic Park, if you're interested) and Westfield White City shopping centres have branches of The Entertainer. I've never been into one but I know they stock G4.

Basically, G4 distribution in the UK has been erratic as all get-out. If you come across a shop with decent stock I recommend sticking a flag in the ground and claiming it as a find of national importance. :P
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »
All the stores Blue Phoenix listed sound like most of the national retailers I would have suggested. In addition as Enolaalone, Forbidden Planet are carrying a lot of blind bags.

And if you are going to London, even though their G4 selection [as I know from the one in Glasgow] can be terrible, you should go to Hamleys...its just a cool place for a touristy visit...I go every time I am in London!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal