collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Less than a week until the new TMNT!!!!!  (Read 3127 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Less than a week until the new TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »
Lately, they have been doing a preview premiere before the actual premiere of the show. They did it with How to train your Dragon riders, Kung fu panda legends and a few others.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
Yes, episode premiere tonight then another tomorrow I believe.

Mikey reminds me of Beast boy from teen titans.

Well it is the same voice actor.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 10:47:48 PM »
OMG, why didn't I see this thread sooner! I knew about the sneak peek premiere tonight and my sister had even accidentally recorded it! Soooo aching to watch it right then and there, but we both agreed we would watch the full hour official premiere tomorrow when we pick up pizza for dinner (just for the occasion). I'm so excited I can barely describe it! I've been trying to catch myself up on the 2003 series, but only about halfway through season 5. I'm really curious to the changes they'll make in their actual personalities, aside from their looks (I personally LOVE Donnie's new gap tooth and Raph's little 'scar' ), but from the clips I've seen I don't think I'll be disappointed (except for this stupid crush Don has on April, ugh, gag me with a spoon, hope that dies away quickly). Okay, blah blah blah, my Turtle nerdiness (nerd-tastic?) is getting the best of me again!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »
I'll check it out, hopefully it's good. :D
Seems weird that they made April a little kid but I guess I'll just have to see how that works out.
(I wonder if they'll bring Mona Lisa back?)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »
Watching it right now.  Not horribly disappointed except for a couple of things.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
I liked the eps. But I'll never forgive Rob Paulsen for voicing Donatello. Never. Would have been sooo awesome if Donnie had a voice I actually liked.

...actually, my anger above is a bit misdirected. It's not Rob's fault for accepting work. It's actually Andrea Romano's fault for miscasting. So I'll transfer my grudge to her, heh. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:33:30 PM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
Rob Paulsen is one of my favorite voice actors ever, though.  He's insanely nice in person too.  I'll forgive him for Donnie.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
Ugh, STILL haven't watched it  >_< Have it recorded, but my sister wanted to postpone it until tonight when everyone would be out of the house so we won't be interrupted in the middle of dinner while we watch like we usually are. Soooo tonight I get to see! So far I've heard some really fantastic feedback about it so I'm definitely going into this with positive expectations. Sure, I got some things I'm not particularly looking forward to (mostly pertaining to Donnie and April), but even that I'm trying not to get me down. Maybe it won't be so bad :)

SwiftheartBabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »
It was...cute. Nice having the Turtles, flaws and all, back of TV (and not in live action form, LOL). Wish the 2003 series would get picked back up for syndication.

Voice-wise, I think with both acting and fit, Raphael was my favorite. Splinter was pretty good, too. The part about him having to meditate over who he was going to pick to be leader and then declaring it was Leonardo three seconds later was one of my favorite jokes.

The pseudo-anime/manga stuff bugged me a little, but that seems to be popular with action/comedy animated shows these days (Teen Titans, Avatar, etc.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:42:31 PM by SwiftheartBabbit »

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
I <3 TMNT, but

what show are you talking about? Have I missed a piece of news?

spiderwax

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
I love the new series, but I'm so turtle starved I loved the newer cg mover (TMNT). I love Donny's gap, it's so cute, and Raph, and the differences in coloring, and anatomy that seems to be lacking in the older cartoon and comic (but I've only read the first seven issues so far).  But, seriously, I love all their voices.

I don't like the changes in the basic story (making Splinter actually be Hamato Yoshi, but I think they were going along the lines of the 80's cartoon and not the comics and old movies). I don't like how young they made April, but I do understand their choice in making her a teenager/however old she is.

and and I'm done nerding. u.u

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised that they went the Splinter used to be human route, but since my first exposure to TMNT was the 80's cartoon I actually prefer it that way (if I had been into the comics first I'm sure I would consider it an abomination).

I loved lots of things about the cg movie, but unfortunately, the whole stone generals storyline kinda spoiled it for my husband and me. We do own it though. The beginning of the movie is so awesome!   

Yeah, Twizel, sounds like you've missed the news about the new show that just premiered on Nickelodeon this past weekend. I'll bet they will replay the ep sometime before the next one airs on Saturday so see if you can check it out. (of course, it's probably available somewhere online too). 
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
I'm just so on the edge about it... I don't like how they altered the core turtle design (toes!), I mean, WHY? It didn't make any sense. I'll watch it if it pops up on youtube, but I won't make a point of seeking the series out...

spiderwax

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised that they went the Splinter used to be human route, but since my first exposure to TMNT was the 80's cartoon I actually prefer it that way (if I had been into the comics first I'm sure I would consider it an abomination).

I loved lots of things about the cg movie, but unfortunately, the whole stone generals storyline kinda spoiled it for my husband and me. We do own it though. The beginning of the movie is so awesome!   

I was annoyed until I was reminded that's the route the original cartoon went. It makes more sense to me that they would go the route in this cartoon, because it seems like in some ways they're trying to honor it to a degree? I don't know, I got as kick of of Mikey humming the original theme song in the commercial for next weeks episode.

As far as comics go, I was turtle starved before I heard about the new series, and the only 80's/90's live action movie just made me want them more so I shelled out some money for the first omnibus.  Although I love the comic, it's in black and white, and the lack of color to distinguish the headbands, and lack of variation in the turtles anatomy makes it hard to tell who's who.

One of the things I loved about the TMNT movie was how different the turtle looked without drastically changing them. I mean even if that movie had been in black and white, I would of been able to tell who was who (voices would of helped too of coarse).

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
I used to LOVE TMNT as a kid but forget all the details and everything so I'm a bit out of the loop. I wanna get the 80's cartoon on dvd, if it is on dvd and I have the live action movies....
Also, anyone know ehere I can watch this new cartoon? Sounds interesting! I used to love Mikey SO much, haha. He was the coolest. Don;t know how I'd feel about a teen April, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal