collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CAM Wig Help?  (Read 423 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
CAM Wig Help?
« on: September 22, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »
Today I purchased the CAM Vampire and Sea Monster set. When I went to put the wig on the vampire, I realized that the wig sets too high on her head. I think the cap is too small for her head. Is there any way to fix this?
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: CAM Wig Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
Could you like, scrunch up the head plastic a little bit, then let it expand inside the wig cap after you have it where you want?

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
I already tried that :huh: Thanks though.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:41:51 AM »
Yeah, the cao just sits on top. You have to do alot of maneuvering with the hair to make it look right. Which is hard to do because those wigs suuuuck.

StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
Wash it out with shampoo & conditioner & let it dry out.  At first I hated these wigs but washing them out helps a lot.  :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »
You are not the only one having trouble getting that wig on that doll.  I've read not all the CAMs have the same head circumference :huh:  I know I've had some trouble with a SECOND wig on a SECOND head (same wig type, same head type) my first Vamp fit her wig.  Again :huh:  It seems like a hit or miss situation.  I can't help you make it fit.  I just gave up :lol:  But I wanted you to know you are not the only one.

LIV wigs are larger.  Maybe you could find one of those.  Also, I'm a huge fan of CAM wigs.  I don't think they are all that bad.......(except for this one combination you've found, and the later wigs.  The Cat/Witch and Male CAM wigs ARE horrible.)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
You are not the only one having trouble getting that wig on that doll.  I've read not all the CAMs have the same head circumference :huh:  I know I've had some trouble with a SECOND wig on a SECOND head (same wig type, same head type) my first Vamp fit her wig.  Again :huh:  It seems like a hit or miss situation.  I can't help you make it fit.  I just gave up :lol:  But I wanted you to know you are not the only one.

LIV wigs are larger.  Maybe you could find one of those.  Also, I'm a huge fan of CAM wigs.  I don't think they are all that bad.......(except for this one combination you've found, and the later wigs.  The Cat/Witch and Male CAM wigs ARE horrible.)

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully Mattell fixes this in the futre :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal