collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Di Gi Charat  (Read 2060 times)

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Di Gi Charat
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 11:28:58 PM »
I've just read the manga, how it the anime compared to that?

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
I've heard of this and I wanted to watch it for a while now ! Sounds like someone will have something new to watch soon, hehehe...

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
I have heard of it and I love cutesy anime artwork, but I'm pretty confident I wouldn't like the actual series. I have never been a fan of the INSANELY saccharine cutesy stuff Japan likes (with a few exceptions like A Little Snowfairy Sugar anime) nor do I get most Japanese humor.

I'm more of a fan of anime/manga with a more serious or dramatic feeling to it. There are some light-hearted ones I do like, such as Azumanga Daioh, but there will still moments in even that one I was like...."Huh? That was supposed to be funny?"

Di Gi Charat isn't too cutesty. The main character Dejiko is actually pretty violent, and beats people up by firing lasers from her eyes. Di Gi Charat is made by Koge-Donbo, who actually made A Little Snow Fairy Sugar as well.

I've just read the manga, how it the anime compared to that?

The only manga from it I've read was Digiko's Champion Cup Theatre, which I checked out from my Jr. High's library two years ago, and is actually how I got into DGC. I perfer the anime though, I find it to be funnier, and I like hearing the characters' voices.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal