collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I can't believe my husband just said that!!  (Read 1802 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I can't believe my husband just said that!!
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »
So, my husband and I were sitting there, reminiscing about something that happened last year.  I found a garage sale where someone was selling all kinds of professional tools for cheap.  There were great deals, but I had no idea what I was looking at, so I called my husband.  I know the names of some of them, but I didn't know what was a good brand, and what to look at for conditions.  He came right over after his soccer game, but someone was leaving with the tool he wanted most, just as he got there (it was around $400-$600 new, and it sold for $60!)

Over the last year, he got the tools he was looking for, the last one being last weekend.  It was in rough shape, but it was good quality.  He put 2 hours into it, and it's good as new now.

He doesn't hold it against me at all, but I still feel disappointed about the sale.  We were talking about it, and I compared it to him finding a garage sale with tons of ponies, and not knowing the difference between a thousand dollar pony, and a fakie....

..... and my 30 year old husband, who doesn't collect anything that's not useful, and had a really hard time with my pony collecting, gave me the most indignant look, and said "Oh, I could spot a fakie!"  :lmao:

Just the fact that he used the word "fakie" in that dead serious tone... I can't believe he even knows what a fakie is.  We laughed so hard we actually cried.  I'm sure he knows more about ponies now than he ever wanted to =P  I've corrupted him good, Muhahahahaha!

How have you guys corrupted the people around you with your love of ponies?

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe my husband just said that!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before, but I was at a music festival this summer with my boyfriend and a group of friends. We spotted that one of the girls who we spent some time with had a small Rainbow Dash she was carrying about with her, and my boyf asked her later on if she had a My Little Pony with her. She got it out and said 'yes, he's called Steve'. My boyf was like oh okay, that's nice, sort of thing. Then later on he said to me 'that pony's not called Steve, she's called Rainbow Dash'.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
LOL! Men :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »
Haha thats so nice! My boyfriend really didnt approve this whole pony thingy before. Now he's ok with it, but I know he still thinks its kinda weird. Anyway, yesterday I was cleaning my pony collection and taking out the ponies I wanted to sell. One of them was Cherries Jubilee in bait condition. Then he asks "hey, you're going to sell these?" I said yes. He took that poor Cherries Jubilee, puts her next to his computer screen and says "Nope, this is my collection"  :lol:  It was so funny, I know it was mostly a joke but im not going to sell her after all.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »
Love it!!  But don't you need more than one for a "collection"? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Yep, but its a good start!  :biggrin:

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
I have totally corrupted my bf hahah.

As you can see from my pic to the left my ponies are displayed in alcoves in the wall. Those alcoves are mine and the other side of the room has another set of alcoves exactly the same which are my bf's (he displayed his batman figures in them).

Well just lately my collection has been bigger and bigger and I filled up all my alcoves. So I sorted out the top of my wardrobe and decided to display some in there. But my bf was like where are you going to put your ponies now and I told him in the wardrobe and he was like you can have my alcoves if you want. I said no you like having ur batmen ect but he came back with loads of reasons of why I should put my ponies in his alcoves. So I have haha. and i'm starting to think he LIKES all the ponies in our bedroom hehehe.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »
I have totally corrupted my bf hahah.

As you can see from my pic to the left my ponies are displayed in alcoves in the wall. Those alcoves are mine and the other side of the room has another set of alcoves exactly the same which are my bf's (he displayed his batman figures in them).

Well just lately my collection has been bigger and bigger and I filled up all my alcoves. So I sorted out the top of my wardrobe and decided to display some in there. But my bf was like where are you going to put your ponies now and I told him in the wardrobe and he was like you can have my alcoves if you want. I said no you like having ur batmen ect but he came back with loads of reasons of why I should put my ponies in his alcoves. So I have haha. and i'm starting to think he LIKES all the ponies in our bedroom hehehe.

Your alcoves are SO COOL. I am pretty jealous of them! They're awesome for displaying stuff in. Bless your boyf though, that's very sweet of him!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
Thats adorable! You have him thinking pony - excellent!! :)

I think those we love learn pony by osmosis...my mum sometimes stuns me by suddenly coming out with the right name of a pony or some little gem of pony knowledge that I am stunned she has picked up!

Its so wonderful when those we love show that they must love us enough to be at least a little involved in our pony obsession *cough* collecting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
its funny when my hubby turns around (if there is a pony in the room) and says seriously is that butter-fart, pinky-poo or rainbow stash or something crazy like that, he is a laugh a minute kind of guy so isn't serious often LOL
he has come of with some crazy names over the years, just wished i could remember them and write them done :P

my man doesn't want to know any thing about mlp's and switches of when i start to talk about them but he can spot a fakie when he see's one  :hmm: and does know i lot more then he wants to share

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »
Such cute stories!

GoldenLambPony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »
Somehow my husband picked up on the word flutter pony. So I got a big brother pony the other day and he was trying to impress me, and he said, is that a flutter pony? I was like... uh no, this one is a guy, flutters have wings. He was a bit down because he was trying to impress me and it didn't work. So, I thanked him for trying and told him it was nice that he was trying even if he got it wrong and gave him a kiss. So he was happy. I still don't think he knows what a flutter pony is though. :lol:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »
Somehow my husband picked up on the word flutter pony. So I got a big brother pony the other day and he was trying to impress me, and he said, is that a flutter pony? I was like... uh no, this one is a guy, flutters have wings. He was a bit down because he was trying to impress me and it didn't work. So, I thanked him for trying and told him it was nice that he was trying even if he got it wrong and gave him a kiss. So he was happy. I still don't think he knows what a flutter pony is though. :lol:
oh what a sweetie

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »
How I know I watch FIM too much:  My fiance can sing the words to the theme song :-D  He's not a brony, but he supports my pony hobby because it makes me happy, and will watch the show with me.  He jokes around though, and refers to cutie marks as "tramp stamps" instead XD

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 02:08:52 AM »
Joe's totally into the pony thing now - not that he collects but he sort of 'lives it' with me if that makes sense? It's a part of our lives so he knows quite a lot about ponies.

Before this, some years ago we saw a rainbow which seemed to end in a field and there was a horse directly under what appeared to be at the end of this rainbow. He declared that the horse must be Rainbowdash! :P

Nowadays he knows a LOT about ponies and is even helping me with a competition entry for Ponycon :biggrin: He wanted me to enter it myself but I refuse to pass joint work off as my own so we're entering it together which is really cool!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal