collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony crisis! :(  (Read 1102 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Pony crisis! :(
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
What a lovely friend your sister has to rehome her childhood ponies with you :)

I agree with other suggestions perhaps show her this site and even this thread and suggest that you would be happy to help her rehome and sell them to other collectors who will give her childhood ponies happy homes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Thank you guys :) I realize my original post is sort of a lot to read through, haha, so I really appreciate that you guys took the time to plow through it and give me your advice. She said I could pick up the rest of the ponies tomorrow evening! I'm going to try to gather the courage to propose the idea of finding new homes for them, but either way, I'll be posting a brag thread with all of them by Sunday (I would really appreciate any help in finding all their names and possibly price checks as well ). I'll post here once I'm able to show them all off  ^.^

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
Aw that's so nice of her :)
I'd take ay of them :)
I'm a new g1 collector and really have a small bundle of g1's

Offline sk22

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
If you do decide to find new homes for them, I'll gladly buy some! It sounds like they were well cared for & I promise I will do the same. I like FairyDust's suggestion about sending her photos of the ponies in their new homes. Sounds sweet! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Pony Toes for my Shady avatar & Wyn-wyn for my Goldengrape signature! :)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
I am always happy to provide a loving home for G1's as well. I had a huge collection growing up that I gave away and now miss dearly so I am slowly trying to rebuild it.

Mirage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
I think there is no shortage of homes for them, lol. You can count me in as interested. I don't have many G1s, mostly a couple handfuls I found at yard sales, etc. in my area as a kid in the 1990s.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
I agree with what a lot of people have already said.  I would let her know how touched you are by the gesture and explain that if you don't feel you can appreciate them properly, you know a forum full of people who will.  And then maybe show her said forum and see if she wouldn't mind you selling/offering them for her.  :)

And no matter what g1 it is, odds are you'll probably be able to find it a happy home here.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
A happy update! I spoke with my friend this evening when she brought over the rest of the ponies, and I think it's all going to be okay! She said she doesn't want me to sell them, however, she said if I would like to swap/trade them with other owners who have been seeking out these ponies (I explained to her about the Wishlists and such), then she is all for it. She's still not too sure how she feels about me giving them away for free, but I may be allowed for a select few, and she loves the idea of seeing them all cleaned up and looking pretty with their new owners.

I'll be cleaning them up and posting them all tomorrow in a brag thread for anyone interested to see who I have  :lovey: I'll probably start searching through Wishlists soon to seek them out new homes. Thanks everyone for being so supportive!

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
This is such a great idea. :) Depending on who you have, I may be interested in adopting some. There are still quite a few common ponies I don't have yet.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 11:21:03 PM »
Good to hear she seems ok with the idea of you finding other lovely homes for them :)
I wish I knew what G1's I have and don't have =/ Otherwise I would be happy to take them in and give them all the love they deserve :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
Yay! Thats fantastic that she is so kind to allow you to trade them on and help you and others fulfil wish lists :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal