collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RAWRAAWRRAWR! Dolly Rants!  (Read 734 times)

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
RAWRAAWRRAWR! Dolly Rants!
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
 :huh: I've just had a bad dolly week!

First my new Luts Abadon arrives and not only am I not liking him as much as I thought I would.... he got a little broken in shipping :(  So that's a bummer!

Then I have my most expensive doll purchase ever, that I've been waiting on since MAY, coming express international and it goes MIA for 5 days ;A;  FINALLY updated today, but it was not warm fuzzies all week long.

And then, the cherry ontop, which probably wouldn't be a big deal if my dolly week wasn't already crap.
A person that owned one of my old dolls (that I reshelled into a different mold) got him repainted to look exactly the same, but it's by a different artist... so it's not. :/  I'm torn because he's her doll now, she can do what she wants, and I sold him with his old face up.  But at the same time, that face up is my design, and I don't feel like they had the right to try and recreate it :(
Just like buying a luis vuitton bag doesn't give you permission to put the LV logo on whatever you want. You can only go back to luis vuitton if you want more stuff with their work. You bought something with the artists work on it, not the rights to the design itself.

al;j;lakjs;lkjfsdaf

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:45:00 PM by Knibitz »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RAWRAAWRRAWR! Dolly Rants!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
Awe man what a week. I'm sorry. I'm sure that it will get better. And I know how you feel. I've had a cruddy week for dolls as well.

I'm girl arrived on Monday but my mail lady is lazy and refuses to bring anything to my door. So I had to end up going and getting her. Her wig and most of her clothes have yet to make it so she is half naked and bald!! Mail is running so weird right now it's killing me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Friday is way better for us both.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
 :hug: Sorry your having such a bad dolly week! I've been kind of having a bad week myself because my hours got cut these past few weeks and the following weeks, I won't be able to get any of the new dolls I want until probably October, if then because I'm taking a vacation that not all of it is paid time off.  :(

As for the mail stuff.. I know what you mean. I ordered something from ebay on the 14th. Was supposed to be here by the 20th, today. Well guess what? They lied. It wasn't coming from New Jersey. It was being shipped TO New Jersey in that time and then to be shipped to me all on my money.. Ridiculous.

I hope things turn for the better. When I find I'm not liking one of my dolls as much, I try doing a photoshoot or lying in bed and just looking at or holding the doll, feeling it, getting to know it. Hope I don't sound strange lol.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:08:11 PM by karrie91 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:49:46 AM »
GAH, I'm sorry it's been a bad dolly week! :( :hug:

I will join in, my doll has been snatched by customs at border control and they have held it for the last 4 days >_< so I called them today and asked what the problem is, as my seller paid express priority which should have reached me by Tuesday/weds and now it's getting on to the point where she can claim compensation for it taking too long.

Anyway customs said it will be cleared today. But why hold it for 4 days, it should be cleared the first day they get it. AND now I'm really worried they opened it and somehow damaged the doll :yikes: all I can do is wait :argh:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Knibitz

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »
;n; man guys, we just can't catch a break this week! What is it!?

Especially with the post! Another thing I had happen is that I bought a MH doll from Whoa  here on the arena the other day and her DC said itwas delivered Saturday o_____0..... it definitely just got delivered wednesday. NO IDEA how that would happen.

And my week just keeps getting better.
My body woke me up this morning with obscene nausia probably from PMS and anxiety (I have ridiculously sensitive anxiety related acid re-flux[sp])  So I told called my manager and told them I'd come in when I stopped arfing and they were just like NOPE! DONT RISK IT IF ITS THE FLU OR SOMETHING! STAY HOME!
My EMS package should definitely arrive today... so I'm kinda thankful to be at home? But at the same time, I don't feel sick sick... just yucky? and I feel like I'll probably go back to bed, wake up in 3 hours, and feel fine :/ But then I can't go into work because my boss doesn't want to risk me being contagious ARG!!!!!
I can't do anything from home because it's all confidential work that I'm doing right now :(

(my week at work has also been crap as well =_=)

*crawls back in bed with my kitty cat* ;n; Guess me and Mr. Harry are just bumming it today.
Hopefully the new dollies will get here and my crap week can end on a high note ;n;.

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
I hope your package arrives today, that will certainly cheer you up! And I find a sleep always makes me feel better if I'm feeling a bit crap :hug:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »
:hug: It does sound like a bumpy week!

As for the face up dilemna, there isn't really anything that can be done, so maybe just consider imitation the sincerest form of flattery?  They apparently really liked the concept behind what you did and maybe just wanted a few small changes.  It will get better!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00:19 AM »
Sorry you're having a rough dolly week. I've been waiting on my Pickle Winkle Blythe; she passed through the sort facility in NY on the 14th and since then no tracking updates. It seems like the USPS has been really slow with packages from overseas, even EMS. Hope your packages arrive safe & sound!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

plague

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »
My Littlefee's outfit arrived in NY's customs early morning on the 19th and hasn't budged yet. (Along with a few things for my Tiny Delf and some non-dolly eBay purchases.) Hoping it's all just slow to update but I'm not a very patient person when it comes to things I've ordered.  >_<

Hopefully all of our stuff arrives safely and soon!

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »
Gah what is it with customs lately?! They don't like dolly stuff that's for sure!

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
Awww sweety, hope you're weekend turns out better!  I haven't had any dolly trouble lately to share, but I do have some dolly HUGS to go around!  :hug:

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal