collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ran into a problem with my bait pony... (custom help)  (Read 426 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Ran into a problem with my bait pony... (custom help)
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »
Now, I've read through the cleaning tutorials. So, bear with me. :)

I have a G1 MM Mirror Mirror. She was in such poor shape, I felt so bad for her, I had her on my mantle with my other ponies, but she looked that bad that I am glad I got to remove her.  My sister, a few weeks back, asked if I would make her a Jane Austen EMMA inspired pony. I said sure. Then Monday, Redlynx (how I love her!) sent me a box full of bait ponies. I was bound and determined to use one of those as the canvas for my Emma.
Sadly, I didn't find one. She didn't want a G3, didn't like the G1s body type. She wants G4, but I'm giving her Mirror Mirror because I believe she deserves a chance to become something beautiful after living so long as a dirty dirty pony.

Now, I cut her head off, then ripped her hair out. (It was in poor shape.) As I'm taking a better look at her as I'm taking her symbols off... I notice A LOT of dirt, and... what I'm guessing is pin dot mold.  I've soaked her in hot water, dish detergent to clean her, scraped my fingernails over the dirt and it isn't coming off.

Before I try bleach or something, I wanted to ask y'all what else can I do before I do something serious like bleach?
It's all over the head as well and I don't want to bleach her eyes or anything.

Help? :)

Here is a picture, not sure if you can see it there or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Ran into a problem with my bait pony... (custom help)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »
Pindot mold is just awful!

I would try oxyclean or some anti-bacterial soap!

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »
Oooh Oxyclean. I have some oxyclean carpet cleaner... XD That is the only oxyclean stuff I own.

But I do have Dial GOLD hand soap. Could that work?

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
I cured pindot mold on my otherwise minty Mimic and SS Crumpet (there ARE ways to pick up harder to find ponies for reasonable prices, as long as you're willing to scrub! ;)) with OxyClean, too.  Just plain ol' OxyClean from the tub.  I can't remember if I boiled the water or just got it as searing hot as it would come out of the tap, but I put a scoop of it in a Ziploc/Gladware container and filled it with some sort of extremely hot water, put the ponies in their own containers prepped like this and sealed them shut for a day.  The next day, I took them out, rinsed them off and gently used a Magic Eraser on the places that the mold hadn't gone away on its own.  Conditioned their hair to get the nasty feeling of the OxyClean out and they're both still mold free, seven years later. :)

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
I cured pindot mold on my otherwise minty Mimic and SS Crumpet (there ARE ways to pick up harder to find ponies for reasonable prices, as long as you're willing to scrub! ;)) with OxyClean, too.  Just plain ol' OxyClean from the tub.  I can't remember if I boiled the water or just got it as searing hot as it would come out of the tap, but I put a scoop of it in a Ziploc/Gladware container and filled it with some sort of extremely hot water, put the ponies in their own containers prepped like this and sealed them shut for a day.  The next day, I took them out, rinsed them off and gently used a Magic Eraser on the places that the mold hadn't gone away on its own.  Conditioned their hair to get the nasty feeling of the OxyClean out and they're both still mold free, seven years later. :)
And that didn't take off any of the paint? :) Awesome!
Well, doesn't really matter in my case, I'm taking paint off anyway. XD
But thanks! I'll see if I can find any Oxyclean. :D

Thanks guys!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »
The only thing I would normally caution against bleach & Oxyclean is, if you plan on keeping her Magic Message symbol.  I can see from the pictures that it's not in good condition so it doesn't matter but if you DID have a nice one, those two chemicals would ruin it pretty fast.  Just so you know... :)

To remove pin-dot, just soak her in Oxyclean and then take a terrycloth towel and run near-boiling water over your pony.  Rub thoroughly with the towel - it should provide some scrubbing action.  Use your fingernails to scrape the dots off and repeat the process until she's all cleaned up! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal